It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: intrepid

Oh, do you look at the women's breasts you are photographed *groping* while they sleep?

What? Again that makes no sense.

BTW I'm 55. The only breasts I look at are chicken.

Have you had an experience and it's bothering you? Not being mean here.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Oh, do you look at the women's breasts you are photographed *groping* while they sleep?

55?

Your life is over, might as well just stick a fork in you.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

If he was interested in her breasts he would be looking at them. But he's aping for the camera. A joke.

If he wasn't interested in grabbing her breasts...he'd be grabbing her elbow.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I have not said anything about him sexually assaulting her. I think he wanted to be photographed appearing to grope her breasts and did, in fact, touch her chest to get the pic that made him feel like a super-funny guy.

Groping and grabbing someone's breasts while they are sleeping is egregious sexual assault. It's grounds for loss of employment, ostracization, marginalization, and even retaliatory violence. Yes, it is clear he took the picture to mess with her, knowing, in her words, "I would see it later and be ashamed", but what he is doing in the picture is neither groping nor grabbing by definition.
edit on 16-11-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The most reasonable person is the woman who was photographed. Because her opinion is all that matters. She was working with Franken and he crossed a line....while she was sleeping.

My advice is that no one tries anything like this with a coworker...unless you want to be fired or sued.

I agree he crossed a professional line. What he did was stupid, ugly, and disrespectful. What it isn't, however, is an example of groping and breast grabbing, as claimed by this reasonable person.

But that's your opinion. I do believe his fingers are grazing her chest.

Through an inch thick steel plated vest designed to stop high velocity shrapnel and bullets? Sure.

Why is what she is wearing even remotely relevant.

God this is a dumb argument.

Yes it is a dumb argument.

Typically when human beings seek sexual excitement through physical contact, a thick steel plate and lesser density things like walls and the exterior of the chopper this woman was flying in interfere with the actual "contact" and intended sexual "contact".

So does touching the exterior of steel plate or surface that might or might not have some body part on the other side qualify as groping?

Shall we run an experiment to see how much sensation to breast or pinky finger tip might be able to be sensed through a steel plate?

YES..a dumb effen conversation.

It is a gag photo in bad taste.

It is NOT groping unless the Steel plate wants to file suit.

Just stop.

I have said I thought the photo was a poor joke.

But your claims of physical contact needed for sexual desire is a joke.

So Louis CK wasnt touching women, only masturbating, so that wasnt sexual, right?

What she was wearing has ZERO bearing on this discussion at all.

Period.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Judging by the mental gymnastics and the activity of Trump minions in this thread I'm predicting that there will be released some kind of damming evidence against Trump next week.
Golden shower evidence?
More "locker room" talk?
I wonder what it can be

Exciting times

link   

Absolutely.

I was kidnapped, raped, and nearly hung from a tree by an extension cord when I was 15. I survived by telling the guy I loved him even though I was gagged with my own bra.

Am I allowed to not agree this was just a harmless joke now that should be tolerated?
edit on 11/16/2017 by MotherMayEye because: taking out the stuff about my daughter because I don't believe Intrepid's heart is in the right place to receive it.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

If he was interested in her breasts he would be looking at them. But he's aping for the camera. A joke.

If he wasn't interested in grabbing her breasts...he'd be grabbing her elbow.

Funny old world... if you joke with a friend in private that some women let you grab them it's proof of sexual assault.
If you are actually photographed grabbing a woman without permission, it's a joke.

edit on 16/11/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Have worn them and yes in transport. No doubt uncomfortable to sleep in, but better than the alternative risk in hot zones or where pot-shots at aircraft are common

SAPI plates are inserted in that photo.

edit on 16-11-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
How many layers of clothing...or what fabric or material must a woman be wearing, for a man to be intentionally (and without consent) putting both his hands on her breasts...to NOT constitute sexual assault?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: UKTruth

I am not condoning his behavior, but being real and honest about what we see matters.

I see a man that thought he was so cute and funny by exploiting a pretty woman who probably rejected him, like she claims. He showed her and soothed his bruised ego.

I am thinking she deserves the benefit of the doubt, not him. If not for that photo...I would probably give it to him.

On passage two..benefit of the doubt for what? She is not claiming some broad accusation. I believe what she claimed.

So you think it is ok for Franken to forcibly stick his tongue down her throat? Interesting.

Please quote where I said that?

Inventing BS from you?

Not interesting, rather usual.

Simple really.
You said you believed her.
She said Franken stuck his tongue down her throat without asking.

In other words you believe Franken sexually molested her, yet here you are down playing it.

Let me be perfectly clear.

"sticking a tongue down a throat" during a consensual kiss is a lot of things, including offensive, but it isn't "sexual molestation".

If it was then 90% of teen agers would be in prison.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

But condemning Franken for what he did does no favours for real victims.
edit on 16-11-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Your an idiot ifi walk behind a woman simulating a sex act but never touch her im not harassing her? Touching a woman isnt a requirement forsexual harrassment actions and words can be used andis just as bad. When people make excuses for bad behavior you allow it to continue. I have a 15 yr old daughter and if i even saw a guy simulating a sex act while she was asleep id probably be in jail. Grow up

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

How many layers of clothing...or what fabric or material must a woman be wearing, for a man to be intentionally (and without consent) putting both his hands on her breasts...to NOT constitute sexual assault?

Is an airball considered basket to you?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Excusing it as a joke does them no favors either.

ETA: Thanks, LM.
edit on 11/16/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: soberbacchus

Your an idiot ifi walk behind a woman simulating a sex act but never touch her im not harassing her?

You are definetly an ass h*&^, but no you have not sexually assaulted her.

Touching a woman isnt a requirement forsexual harrassment actions and words can be used andis just as bad.

Sure. Harrasment is a different word than Sexual Assault or rape. glad we are making progress toward reality.

When people make excuses for bad behavior you allow it to continue.

When people exaggerate bad behavior as assault or worse they discredit claims of rape or assualt.

I have a 15 yr old daughter and if i even saw a guy simulating a sex act while she was asleep id probably be in jail.

You and I both. What I wouldn't do is claim a picture showed something it doesn't.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Excusing it as a joke does them no favors either.

I know. I feel ill standing up for the man, but I have to for the sake of justice.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

edit on 16-11-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 16-11-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

*Deleted*

Am I allowed to not agree this was just a harmless joke now that should be tolerated?

Of course you are and I'm sorry to hear that. It's disturbing. The point is that limp accusations don't benefit those that have been hurt. It denigrates them. And this one is limp.
edit on 16-11-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join