It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Words Become Violence

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Good advice for yourself.

It was advice to you, actually.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Good advice for yourself.

It was advice to you, actually.

Thank you Captain Obvious.
The advice was more appropriate for you actually as you have repeated your claim numerous times hoping people will agree with you.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The advice was more appropriate for you actually as you have repeated your claim numerous times hoping people will agree with you.

That's another lie. I'm using argument.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

That's another lie. I'm using argument.

How is that a lie? You have made a claim and argue for it, trying to get people to agree with you. I do see your point of view and understand it.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think my final argument is that animals in the wild, encounter predators. Maybe it is their fault. And i see his no different than someone encountering words from others.
They could have been more watchful and cautious. The father of that cantilope could have even murmered "He brought this on himself"
Point being from whatever cause & reactions of it's fate to be stalked, it chose this. God chose it, for that cantilope to be food.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

How is that a lie? You have made a claim and argue for it, trying to get people to agree with you. I do see your point of view and understand it.

The claim that "the advice was more appropriate for you" was a lie, given the advice.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The claim that "the advice was more appropriate for you" was a lie, given the advice.

So it's a lie that you have repeated the same claim and arguments in various posts and threads?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: makalit

I think my final argument is that animals in the wild, encounter predators. Maybe it is their fault. And i see his no different than someone encountering words from others.
They could have been more watchful and cautious. The father of that cantilope could have even murmered "He brought this on himself"
Point being from whatever cause & reactions of it's fate to be stalked, it chose this. God chose it, for that cantilope to be food.

Animals are agents capable of making their own decisions. Words are are sounds or scribbles on paper or pixels on a screen. I don't think the two can be compared.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

So it's a lie that you have repeated the same claim and arguments in various posts and threads?

No, it's a lie that I don't get to truth by sheer force of repetition.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think you're missing the main point.
Obviously words don't cause physical pain. (well your own mind does regulate your entire body,so yeah stress is bad)
But you're speaking about emotional damage.
Just look at examples of emotional damage. It's not words that hurt but the meanings they hold

If you want to ignore this then you aren't really learning. I read your argument and it comes more like a christianity brainwashing thing "No, they can not do anything if you don't let them" "ooh, it's true!!"

And meanings aren't just arbitary thoughts... if someone has been watching another person for some time, and thinks they are garbage and finally let out the truth,

well any open mind who considers how others feel (i guess you lost that)
will be damaged (emotionally)

Why do you respond when I'm just trying to leave? It's like your intention is to keep me here

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
...wow, this is one of those posts you read, then, go to the crapper to think about it.

However, I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass. (No offense)

3-pronged argument via-milk-stool

It read like bad case of the craps and a waste of time.
It interprets like a bad case of the craps and a waste of time.
There-fore, it is a bad case of the craps and a waste of time.

Sheesh* If I wanted to kill myself I'd climb your ego and jump to your IQ.

Ergo, it is crap.

No offense, but I guess it strokes your text-based ego.

My three-pronged Crap-Stool is complete.
edit on 10-11-2017 by hiddenlight because: Had to take a crap after reading this.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: makalit

you tell lucid guy that you could ignore his message. that's not what life is. life is you are forced into life and situations beyond your own control.

I keep on coming back to this comment.

Maybe this is the root of the disease, thinking that a person is powerless in life.

It is a sad way to go through this existence. Maybe this type of defeatist thinking leads to the other popular 'features' of that group. They seem to be all related in a way to the PC/SJW ideology.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenlight
...wow, this is one of those posts you read, then, go to the crapper to think about it.

However, I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass. (No offense)

3-pronged argument via-milk-stool

It read like bad case of the craps and a waste of time.
It interprets like a bad case of the craps and a waste of time.
There-fore, it is a bad case of the craps and a waste of time.

Sheesh* If I wanted to kill myself I'd climb your ego and jump to your IQ.

Ergo, it is crap.

No offense, but I guess it strokes your text-based ego.

My three-pronged Crap-Stool is complete.

No offense taken. I'm delighted when a fellow citizen can pull himself away from his toilet long enough to try a conversation. Unfortunately your arguments are about as solid as whatever you left in your "crapper".

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Omg? What language are you speaking? Cause it sounds like a toilet full of crap.

I mean shoot, listen to what you post, reading you, I understand why some animals eat their young, let alone why you will probably die alone with all your empty text.

You're pretty much the reason the intellectual pool needs a lifeguard, and an exterminator.

Wanna-be-smart-person-posts-in-response-say-what-like-an-idiot?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenlight

Omg? What language are you speaking? Cause it sounds like a toilet full of crap.

I mean shoot, listen to what you post, reading you, I understand why some animals eat their young, let alone why you will probably die alone with all your empty text.

You're pretty much the reason the intellectual pool needs a lifeguard, and an exterminator.

Wanna-be-smart-person-posts-in-response-say-what-like-an-idiot?

Is English your second language? If so, pretty good. If not, you best return to the toilet because there is something foul wafting from your general direction

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Geezuuzz, you prolly spent less time thinking about your post than your stupid come back. I thought you were busy putting your fingers back on after they ran away from you.

How long did it take you to come up with that one?

Man, it is scary that people like you get allowed to post here. What happened, signed up after the short-bus dropped you off?

What? Jerks R Us didn't hire you cause your posts sucks?

I mean come-on, you act like your stupidity is a virtue.

Look, do yourself a favor and stop talking while all of us are laughing at you.

Better yet, keep your fingers away from the keys, and stop spreading your pseudo-smart post malfunctions.

Look, don't make me wait another 10 minutes just for you to think of something to respond with.

Don't let the forum post hit you in your two brain-cells on the way to burn-out.

Much Love.
edit on 10-11-2017 by hiddenlight because: Laughing my bubbles off

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky
It's not about being powerless. If you are sitting in your living room and your roommate lets their friend in, you are presented into a new situation. If the dude is sketchy and thinking he could go crazy and stab you, your mind is gonna get sketched. I'm just saying there definitely is situations like this roommate letting in their friend that you don't know, a situation that you likely had to change your mind to now being in, changing, all changes are either for the better or worse, on a harmony way (feeling good or bad)

I'm not getting to about children dealing with bullying

Surely we are all adapting our best ways.. some situations like robin williams are not just something you want to adapt to

I can defeat this whole argument now.. PTSD army veterans, scarred and lost for the rest of life because their comrades got shot. Based off the OP's logic, it's just an image- an image being just an arbitrary set of gradients that hold no meaning. Yet we have scarred veterans.

Point being that well discarding the metaphysical loss of not having their loving minds connected to you, your mind understood what went on. Just the same way your mind understands words. And the same way your mind can get temporarily scarred while watching a scary movie of a guy chopping someone's leg. I know everything is connected much deeper so you felt what happened, but these 'images' of their friends dying registered something the mind could comprehend and meaningfully understand, in the same way it can add meaning to words. An image is not a lot different than a word in the context of understanding the meaning of them.

I'm not talking about bullying but just the shear fact that on the context of people's entire walk through life, certain things are emotionally hurtful.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

you best return to the toilet because there is something foul wafting from your general direction

Oh my! It appears that his words had an effect on you.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have a friend who says experiences great joy from writing his ideas and reading over it. (i now see why i need to use periods here.. merely spacing to the next line in these narrow forum views make it just a continuation, while wider forum views make it seem like a new start)
If words /ideas can give one joy, then they can equally do the opposite.
Your argument is insinuating that people don't experience feelings at all.

you best return to the toilet because there is something foul wafting from your general direction

if words invoke no feelings, then how did you decide that whatever he wrote was foul?
Even the words "poo, vomit, pee" are not foul to someone completely immune to words. Just logical expressions. Yet the definition of foul is something bad which without feelings how could one decide if something is bad? To a robot, smearing poo across it's face is not bad,

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Look brother, your writing is fine. I didn't mean to make you feel "butt-hurt."

It happens to everyone. Your work is fine, although, I might ascribe to Blavatsky, and the pamphlet about "the Great Serpent of Illusion."

No harm; No foul.

If I am still alive in the future, and come to ATS, I will read your work and try not to fall asleep or crap on it.

Sincere Regards.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join