It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Words Become Violence

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The only thing you helped any of us to realize that there are tons of "so-called smart people" who are "dumb as dirt."

You've been schooled, the bell rang, and you're still sitting in a room by yourself trying to figure out the problem.
edit on 10-11-2017 by hiddenlight because: laughing my ass off

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Well of course violence is in the reaction. If I shoot you with a shotgun, its only the natural reaction for your chest to blow up. It wasn't unnatural causes! I didn't murder him, the gun did!

Comparing words to bullets is question begging, and as mentioned, the result of superstition. Yes, violence is cause by those who react with violence.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenlight

The only thing you helped any of us to realize that there are tons of "so-called smart people" who are "dumb as dirt."

You've been schooled, the bell ring, and you're still sitting in a room by yourself trying to figure out the problem.

Actually I'm at work. Do you know what that is? Projecting your own shortcomings on others leads to absurdities.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Man, if you were any sharper, yo-mamma would slap you for making butter-knives feel good about themselves.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Come on man, you have your entire life to be a "Jerk" so, why not take a day off.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Man, if you were any sharper, yo-mamma would slap you for making butter-knives feel good about themselves.

Are you googling comeback's now? What, talking of your "crapper" wasn't good enough for you?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Man, any insult you use against me will fail, same night yo-mamma and daddy broke the baby-stopper.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Come on man, you have your entire life to be a "Jerk" so, why not take a day off.

The only thing taking a day off is your grammar and spelling. Maybe more work is in order.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

See, you're as old and as tired as your post. All I had to do to prove your post wrong was rile you up.

See, you aren't any better or smarter than the rest of us. Now, all of ATS can see and know the truth.

You Lost so hard, you needed to take a whole bottle of Mental E.D. medicine to keep from exploding on your screen.

I am laughing at you SOOOOOOOO HARRRRD!!!
edit on 10-11-2017 by hiddenlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The effects of verbal abuse is clearly seen in children and the effects linger into adulthood.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenlight

See, you're as old and as tired as your post. All I had to do to prove your post wrong was rile you up.

See, you aren't any better or smarter than the rest of us. Now, all of ATS can see and know the truth.

You Lost so hard, you needed to take a whole bottle of Mental E.D. medicine to keep from exploding on your screen.

I am laughing at you SOOOOOOOO HARRRRD!!!

What makes you think I'm riled up? It's obvious, you're projecting your own feelings on to others.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Look man, you have inspired me to take a dump. Good luck selling that crap to someone who believes you.

Laughing at you without stopping. (Unsubscribing from Post)

Remember, I SERVED YOUR ASS AND EVERYONE ON ATS KNOWS IT!!!!

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Buh-bye

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Guys- he's clearly made some accurate posts

Which are 1) "hello" can not cause an arrow to go through your belly, or somehow explode your hand. The sound can not inflict a physical wound. I'd rate that about a 6/10 on insightfulness. Better than nothing.

2) If you say HELLO CAN YOU HEAR ME into someone's ear, it won't physically cause them pain. Unless it was really loud of course and severed the ear drum.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenlight

Look man, you have inspired me to take a dump. Good luck selling that crap to someone who believes you.

Laughing at you without stopping. (Unsubscribing from Post)

Remember, I SERVED YOUR ASS AND EVERYONE ON ATS KNOWS IT!!!!

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Buh-bye

Another dump? You know what that means: you're full of it.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

The effects of verbal abuse is clearly seen in children and the effects linger into adulthood.

Rather, it's the effects of stress and trauma.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Rather, it's the effects of stress and trauma.

Yes words do affect that. You can observe that in children.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Stress is a bodily response to threat or challenge. It's not an effect of anything but the body.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Stress is a bodily response to threat or challenge. It's not an effect of anything but the body.

Well that absolves the abusive parents of responsibility. You'd make a good defense lawyer.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Well that absolves the abusive parents of responsibility. You'd make a good defense lawyer.

It's about true or false. Inventing some appeal to emotions won't alter it.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Yeah. We need to dismantle the legal system. Words have zero effect on people. It's the victims' fault. Reminds me of that girl who encourage her boyfriend to commit suicide. She wasn't responsible at all.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join