It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms resolution to soon be passed.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: DrumJunkie

That is why we have had training in the use of household and other items for defense and well as just hands and feet. Never rely on just one type of defense because you never know what, when or where an attack will take place. You can only train and be prepared for it. It doesn't matter you age except you are old enough to understand how to use the training.

I think one of the greatest advancements in guns is the composite materials which now making them lighter and more capable of handling an integrated circuitry system. But for home defense nothing beats a shotgun or even a 223 cal rifle.

you're right you should not rely on just one thing. I'm not sure what that has to do with a smart gun but anyone that puts all their eggs in one basket is doomed from step one.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumJunkie

It was a diversionary post. It has nothing to do with the OP. In essence he has derailed his own thread, in an attempt to distract from the flaws in the argument (given this was moved to skunk works after it was first posted, that says much)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Keep your eyes on what the Dems will want to connect with Trumps Tax plan. It will include the taking away of certain guns parts and restrictions to purchase parts without a back ground check which until now has never been passed. They also want Tracking devices to be implanted into firearms. The tech is there and it is the reasons for the increase of patent pending as well as purchased patents within the last year. This has been in their bills that no one takes time to read before passing them. i.e. except it be a republican plan then by all means they read it.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

This has been in their bills that no one takes time to read before passing them.

Care to show these bills that say a new super secret GPS chip is going to be put into older and current weapons to track them?

I’m guessing there will be a big fat nothing from you, like usual.
edit on 21102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
for those who wont do their own homework, which I liken to the bully who fearfully manipulates a geek to do his homework for him, Laziness is all it is.

Liberals in Connecticut tried to propose this in their state in 2013 www.cga.ct.gov... Parts of it are in the congressional bills shot down.

It has been also used to by Dem Sen Markey and Sen Maloney with support from then preisdent Obama

Smart gun technology: Markey’s office quickly pointed out that another piece of legislation he and Maloney introduced that went nowhere in Congress, a bill that within five years would require all new handguns to be equipped with technology that allows only authorized users to operate it, actually made some headway in Obama’s executive actions. Obama has directed the federal government to research ways to implement smart gun technology which included GPS tracking

We all know that smart guns as far as hand or palm readers are way off but GPD/GPE for use in tracking firearms is not a fantasy. It takes a small integrated circuit to be a GPD/GPE so it can be tracked via GPS or ping towers like a cell phone. People will argue it will over load the system. Why hasn't it already seeing there are over 6.8 billion cell phones in use around the world? qz.com...

A gun bought today already imprints on a bullets shells firing cap a gun number when discharged which can be traced to a specific gun owner known as micro-stamping. Easy fix right? Switch out the pin, not if they require background checks on gun parts buyers. If a gun part is bought for a newer gun like a pin it will still have the imprint on it and records will show who purchased it via back ground checks and for which weapon they already have registered.

Some of these suggestions inside bills in the past have been shot down but since the LV shooting many are starting to rethink the bills.

Googling goes a long way for anyone who want to know something, so stop asking others to do your homework and do it yourselves.

edit on 21-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

2 things that you obviously didn’t read...

A bill introduced in 2011 in Massachusetts, to study the feasibility of installing GPS on firearms is likely to be re-introduced this session, according to the sponsor's staff. Legislation has also been introduced in Chicago.

That’s a bill to study the feasibility, NOT have the firearms chipped.

There’s also this at the bottom...

While GPS works anywhere there is a line of sight with four or more transmitting satellites, there are locations such as the interior of large buildings where GPS signals cannot be received. This could interfere with the tracking of a GPS-equipped firearm. While other technologies could be used to determine the firearm's location, there may be locations where they also do not work.

While the GPS equipment that is currently being marketed cannot be readily removed from the firearm, a person could thwart it by failing to recharge the battery.

So where is...

This has been in their bills that no one takes time to read before passing them

It’s almost like you made up your OP with the hope that people can’t read.
edit on 21102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

NO Quite the contrary I am glad you can read. But be a little more respectful even if you don't like me. I say that because it clouds your thinking.

If one forgets to charge their battery on a phone, an app installed could send you an email reminder that you need to charge it. The same can be done for those who forget to charge a cell but one could also invent a device, go back and reread the connected patents that are in the patents I posted earlier in the week.

There is a device idea already patented that proposes to use the friction of the gun being fired to charge the power cell, it is all part of smart gun technology that goes back over 8 years already. The newer patents are for newer ideas but are linked to other patents you should read as well (linked to in the patent form).

I read the patents of other devices and had to link them as previous technology before I cold patent my own device (nothing to do with guns), we have begun producing a prototype of my device and in the next few weeks be presenting it to Cuisinart for licensing.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You’ve linked to lots of things in this thread, but not a single thing that backs up your OP.

It’s almost like you can’t because it doesn’t exist.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

a few things you over looked the Dates. Some f those bills go back to 2013 some were just last year. But there is a lot more to it than just looking for the obvious in older docs.

It is the modified versions of all this we will need to watch for when the Dems start coming on board for Trumps tax plan. They all want some sort of new gun control measures and they will tap into it using these types of devices.

BTW, you can start your own think group and get involved in many issues of today. Only those registering a non profit or taking grants are required to be identifiable via tax records. Just contact your local congressman, senator or governors office they are always looking for ways to incorporate citizens ideas into the equation. It makes them feel better about when they taking us for a ride financially via our tax money.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I’m confused now.

First you say it’s “soon to be passed”, then you ADMIT it was a click bait title, now you’re back to saying it’s going to be passed soon by citing an old bill about feasibility?

At least keep your story straight.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What I am saying is that they are in the planning to enact gun control measures in a way that will not violate your right to bear arms and get their gun control laws passed. If they attach it to the tax bill and they pass the tax bill then their plans for gun control will pass as well.

I was showing what they are wanting to include in their gun control bill. If you believe that these old bills and suggestions were shredded and are no longer knowable you are willfully ignorant of their plans. The new laws will not be just about gun parts but giving law enforcement the ability to track all new future firearms. Your denial they gun companies can't do it and your denial that they government won't pass some sort of gun control laws is amazing.

Do you vote?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

So now they will be passing something soon, but not what you’ve stated in your OP?

It really is difficult to keep up when you keep swapping and changing what is and what is not.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Keep your eyes on what the Dems will want to connect with Trumps Tax plan.

Did you even bother following the budgeting process before commenting? The Republicans employed reconciliation which means they don't even need the Democrats to pass a plan which further means nothing gets 'connected' by Democrats.

edit on 22-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

for those who wont do their own homework, which I liken to the bully who fearfully manipulates a geek to do his homework for him, Laziness is all it is.

Take your own advice and learn about reconciliation.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you, No I had not considered that. You are correct. Let's see then how they go about passing these new regulations on gun parts and gun restrictions they have been asking for for over 8 years. Even when the Dems had majority many still did not want to pass these bills. But after the LV mass shooting many are reconsidering options on gun control.

But it has been in the pass that many a pork programs are often added to bills in order to gain support and passing the bill. I can't trust the Republicans to do the job so far they have failed the people.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Let's see then how they go about passing these new regulations on gun parts and gun restrictions ...

They aren't passing your made up gun regulations so quit your sad fear mongering.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

There is nothing even resembling any sort of bill in the works regarding chipping new guns.

Or riders attached to other bills. There are any number of people whose sole job is to watch for just this sort of thing...and, nothing. Nothing as in non-existent. The NRA, and other 2nd amend interest groups would be screaming to the high heavens. Again, nothing.

But you will ignore this, anyway.
edit on 10/22/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Obama passed by executive order the development of "Smart Weaponry/guns" in 2016 after the Orlando Shooting. So in reality there is no bill needed, they are developing it and it will be just a matter of time, whether it be sooner or later, with the climate as it is they will put the reguirements on the gun manufactures, especially if Trump is taken out tonight. A little fun put in there to lighten it up a little.

Generally where there is smoke there is fire.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You do know that the NRA is nothing more than a lobbying group, so if they put enough money behind who they want too, they can get done what they want and not necessarily what is good for the people.
edit on 22-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

You do know there is absolutely nothing you’ve posted that comes even close to what you’re trying to say is coming?

You even tried to say checking feasibility was something it wasn’t lol.

But please, carry on linking to things that don’t prove your case.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join