It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms resolution to soon be passed.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: muzzleflash

No it is not contradictory.

GPS tech is unreliable. Its been hacked. It can thus be extrapolated what it would be like in a weapon.

Google about web enabled pacemakers if you don't know. Same idea. Someone was able to prove they could hack, and shut down someones pacemaker (in proof of concept).

Add a computer, someone will hack it.

You asked me to prove it exists.

Now you are admitting it does exist, but that it's hackable.

Are you too changing the goal-posts?
Hehehehe
edit on 10/17/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My phone is hackable.

Did that stop people from buying and using phones?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Reading comprehension is not your strong point.

Prove that the tech for guns exists. In the manner the OP has written. I understand this might be a little hard for you. After all you've not read the thread. Where the OP admits this is all made up.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

GPS tech exists.

The tech isn’t anywhere near enough to cover the extra millions connected to it and it hasn’t got the 100% coverage that would be needed.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Imagine of Russia or North Korea (who are better at hacking ) decided to play with these networked smart guns

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Yep. A very disastrous scenario.

NK goes more nuts than normal and decides to invade the US. Hacks the GPS system and disables all the firearms in the US. NK wins.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

That's a straw man argument.

I'm not the OP and didn't argue whatever the OP argued.
I did agree with the portion of the OP about future guns (with reservations and conditions).

Don't tell me reading comprehension isn't my strong point, because it definitely is my strong point.

GPS tech exists in the manner necessary for implementation in new gun designs, you can utilize the GPS tech we have currently.

In fact this should be really easy.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

You can’t.

I’ve already explained this to you multiple times.

GPS doesn’t have 100% coverage that would be needed and it can’t handle the extra millions of GPS contacts. The system just isn’t made for it.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

GPS tech exists.

The tech isn’t anywhere near enough to cover the extra millions connected to it and it hasn’t got the 100% coverage that would be needed.

It doesn't need 5% or even 1% coverage. All it needs is to take existing tech off shelf, and integrate it into the design.

There is definitely enough room to connect this 1 gun to it.
New computer processing ought to allow for billions of guns to be connected just fine.

I cannot believe this argument exists.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

No it is not a strawman argument. This entire thread is based upon the OP. That is the firmament of the argument (except it keeps changing with each post of his).

You are being obtuse, and confusing an argument about existing GPS tech, which would not work (as has been listed repeatedly by many of us), with the mythical "GPS tech" on guture guns which would somehow prevent mass shootings

The OP has admitted this entire thread is at best a "what if"

So I return to my statement, on your comprehension.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

So the GPS doesn’t even need 1% coverage to work?

I’m guessing you don’t understand GPS.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

You can’t.

I’ve already explained this to you multiple times.

GPS doesn’t have 100% coverage that would be needed and it can’t handle the extra millions of GPS contacts. The system just isn’t made for it.

So new phones cannot be created right now? Because there isn't enough coverage?

What???

I'm not going to bother with this anymore.
This has become beyond absurd.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

So the GPS doesn’t even need 1% coverage to work?

I’m guessing you don’t understand GPS.

Does my phone have 100% coverage?

Does my phone work?

Just drop it dude.
I'm done.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Its clear you don't understand GPS with this statement. Do you understand why GPS is less reliable in a city with high rises vs in a field?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Strawman as you don’t need GPS to make a call. Also, you can go into dead spots so phones can’t make calls either.

Again, there would need to be 100% coverage for this tech to work and a system that could handle the extra millions of GPS contacts.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The difference is your phone accesses the web, sends SMS, MMS, and makes calls. A gun goes bang.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
I want you to understand this thread was started to warn Americans and other nations about new gun requirements for newly manufactured guns and how pre dated guns will be updated to be useless unless the govt allows you to use them, once this bill is allowed to pass.

Ok, there was an idea which through in retrospect does not seem as the best course of action but was accepted by a majority of the group as a viable course of Action for future firearm sales and current legal firearm owners. This page maybe totally erased either I or ATS may be forced to comply to erase this thread or post. But I hope many will read this before that happens.

An Idea was presented about having all firearms created with a computer GPS and activation of use chip or AUC. It seems that it is already in production. If passed by congress in a closed session of course, all new firearms will be made with these chips.

The chips allow the weapons to be allowed to be tracked and activate for firing. i.e. at home you will have a certain code given you by the FBI to activate you firearm for home defense (of course it does not prevent home suicide use), once out of range of the home the chip deactivates the firing ability of the firearm. If you go to a range via a port or wifi an activation code for firing is downloaded to allow the gun to fire. Once away from the range it automatically disables the firearm. This will be on all new firearms. All registered firearms will be by law required to have a GPS chip placed in the firearm for tracking. They say in case of theft but it could be used for tracking the gun at all times.

If these newer guns have either the Anti-firing chip or GPS chips disabled by magnetic or a hack the gun is locked and cannot be fired. Rendering the gun useless for any purpose in home or out of home. The older ones will still be able to fire even if the GPS chip is hacked or corrupted.

The fact that this type of advanced tech is already in production without public knowledge is frightening.

I expect that ATS or I will be forced to remove this thread if detected I allowed this info out. Get it out and spread the news before this happens.

No source it didn't happen .And anyway. They've tried that smart gun stuff for years now..And they couldn't get it close to passing. You don't need GPS for most smart guns as they usually use something like a bracelet or ring to be in proximity to work. Maybe if the smart gun just kept logs to be uploaded at a later date? There are already YouTube vids of people havking a supposed smart gun
www.youtube.com...

Anyway, it's been shown time and again that there is no smart gun tech that will actually work as reliable as the market would demand of it. Remember people use these things for protection. I don't know anyone...Myself included that will even hold on to a gun that is not 100% reliable. It's like that question all gun people get asked by new to be gun people. What kind of gun should I get and how much should I spend? The type is the one that fits you best and the price is a simple reply question of "what is your life worth?"
edit on 10/18/2017 by DrumJunkie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumJunkie

That is why we have had training in the use of household and other items for defense and well as just hands and feet. Never rely on just one type of defense because you never know what, when or where an attack will take place. You can only train and be prepared for it. It doesn't matter you age except you are old enough to understand how to use the training.

I think one of the greatest advancements in guns is the composite materials which now making them lighter and more capable of handling an integrated circuitry system. But for home defense nothing beats a shotgun or even a 223 cal rifle.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

So far, you haven’t shown us where this tech of yours exists for current firearms. Or the GPD that you said exists. Or anything that says it’s soon to be passed (you admitted that it wasn’t).

This thread is just a work of your imagination and everything you say is brought into question.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

And here we have a diversion from the thread topic again ....

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join