It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms resolution to soon be passed.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Thank you Terry, I am glad I have your permission.

The point being, these things are in the works and are going to happen.

You claim there was no proof yet I showed you the proof and even though it points to it, you focus not on the point but on the negatives as though they hold more sway than what is in front of you.

They have been working on the tech for over ten years and you don't think they are any closer than they were ten years ago.

but after LV shooting we will be seeing more moves to implement gun makers and don't rely on the NRA to stop it. It is going to happen just wait and see.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
its plausible....they mark the gunpowder.....

for the last twenty years
edit on 22-10-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
We live in a world, more surrounded by materials able to be broken down and made into more weapons, then the whole of WW1 and WW2 and Vietnam had combined...

The amount of toys, discarded machines, cars and every other trash item we have, can easily be broken down, and chemicals lifted and refined from so much out there EASILY AVAILABLE...

That if our government really wanted to do the gun deal, we the REAL PEOPLE OF THE US, could very nicely make up for the overpriced plastic crap being sold today...

You don't wanna push the REAL JOHN Q US PUBLIC into a corner, WE THE PEOPLE MADE THIS COUNTRY, we can MAKE our solutions too, if we have too.

Never underestimate the ingenuity of an American, and really any human.

WE THE PEOPLE, WILL KICK ASS...

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

The point being, these things are in the works and are going to happen.

Saying it over and over again, doesn’t mean it’s true.

You claim there was no proof yet I showed you the proof

No you didn’t. You posted a thing about feasibility that then goes on to say it’s not feasible.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Firstly, smart guns are not what you, supposedly, are talking about. Not the same thing, at all.

No amount of repetitious dialog is going to make it so.

Secondly, the NRA's sole function is protecting the second amendment. They do, in point of fact, occasionally lose the plot, but never in the direction you just implied. They'd cease to exist overnight were they to do so. I've been a member of the NRA, off and on, for nearly thirty years.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Obama passed by executive order the development of "Smart Weaponry/guns" in 2016 after the Orlando Shooting.

You should stop digging.

Executive Orders are subject to full judicial review and major legislation, such as your made up GPS nonsense, would require Congress to pass them.

I get that this is Skunk Works and you don't ever have to provide evidence of your phony technology but it doesn't mean you can invent methods on how legislation and policy come to be.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
www.thetruthaboutguns.com...
its just another option my wife has gps on her bike
TracFind app continuously monitors the location of a tagged firearm.
we are so brain washed

edit on 22-10-2017 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

But your wife's bike's GPS doesn't remotely disable the bike like the made up technology the Original Poster is on about.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

After the aforementioned suggestion in our meeting, I was inspired to search out about smart guns. I usually read articles in my USCCA magazines about advances and disadvantages of smart gun technology, until recently I have not purchased any gun magazines since the 1980's. Smart gun tech has a range of things from palm, handgrip pressure and thumb print activation to even smart sites and ammunition. Which is not so far off as many believe, for example Armatix makes a smart gun that is tethered via RF to a watch to unlock a firearm for firing but is only good for up to 10 inches so if you are not close enough to the gun or you watch is damaged during the struggle to get to it, it wont fire. Also some claim to have unlocked these smart gun using magnets (someone mentioned this in an earlier post).

Other smart gun tech is Global positioning devices/equipment GPD/GPE, these are the actual electronic parts that allow for tracking of a guns location especially a stolen one, seeing anywhere from 10 to 25% of guns used on the street are stolen gunshot guns. This may or may not be an accurate count.

But this tech is already designed and could very easily be in many guns soon. Disadvantages are as mentioned cell battery not being charged, I read one patent paper where the person who filed the patent has designed a way to use recoil action and slide friction to keep the cell charged. How far off before this is a reality is the only question. Another patent Indicates the use of a small solar panel to keep GPD/GPE's battery charged, much like what is used in hand held calculators.

Other devices for smart guns are devices to make them more accurate, this is more for rifles than handguns. Laser sights were developed by direct desire to make smart guns (this should tell you how long people have been out to make smart guns because laser sites have been out for almost two decades now if not longer). The laser pointer came from that as well. I read about how a rifle could be linked to cell phone app to adjust the sighting for distance and wind velocity. I am sure this is not coming anytime to soon however the patents have already been filed.

Another feature I have read about is safety locks. This is in conjunction with the palm activation so as to keep kids from discharging a parents firearm. How many stories have we read about a child getting mom's 380 auto out of her purse and shoots her to death in a Walmart store. Best rule of thumb is leave the safety on if the chamber is loaded or don't load any into the chamber to begin with. Modified trigger pulls have added to this problem as some three year olds cannot pull a trigger that has a 6 to 7 lbs trigger pull. But I know of people who have what we call hair trigger pulls which are as light as 3lbs or less.

A non electrical device which is already in use is the firing pin microstamps. The gun manufactures put a number on the firing pin so when the firing pin strikes the the primer it leaves a number on the primer and the shell can be traced to a certain type of gun, that in some cases lead to the serial number and to the buyer. Microstamping was first developed for marking Diamonds so pawn shop owners or Jewelry buyers can check if the diamond on or off a ring has been reported stolen.

Part of the whole smart gun manufacturing ideas also includes using Zirconium Oxide, Titanium and other composite materials in the manufacturing of firearms. Not so much for the purpose of smuggling them on board an aircraft but to make guns lighter and keep the temperature of the gun lower when shooting large capacity magazines in rapid fire situations. I have not seen any gun made of these personally yet however it would still need a metal barrel and other metal parts in order to function. If you know of any guns made from composite materials I would appreciate a link to the site so I could see one.

The point being not only is the research for smart guns out there, so are smart guns themselves, while these firearm companies are are in foreign countries, they are illegal to buy, sell or own in the US, they are very much a reality.

edit on 22-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

But your wife's bike's GPS doesn't remotely disable the bike like the made up technology the Original Poster is on about.
it still wont prevent tragedy's, if anything your breaking into my house hang on while I turn my gun on find a signal its not going to fly......

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
my old truck has no emission control and my old gun only has one safety....both serve our family with what we need. wouldn't have a smart car either I can tell when I have a low tire I don't need a car telling me lol
to each there own

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

To the Naysayers about the GPD/GPE devices for tracking a firearm via GPS it is not fantasy do some research the tech is already out there,

And isn’t feasable, as has been pointed out by many, including one of the links YOU provided.

the biggest hurdle seems to be keeping the battery cell charged.

And the lack of total coverage, the inability for the signals to pass through the human body, the ability to just take out the chip and a whole host of other things.

ETA: Can you at least show the proposed bill this is supposedly attached to? I won’t hold my breath.
edit on 22102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79sounds like you have to have your smart phone near by for the app, for your smart gun to work, wow then pay 100.00 to have it reprogramed when its out of date. wow anything will sell

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
My goodness TerryDon79 do some research the tech is out there and is already in use. Just because one paper says it isn't feasible makes you think it is impossible, sorry to disappoint you but you are wrong.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

My goodness TerryDon79 do some research the tech is out there and is already in use.
You said that before. Yet here we are, on page 21, and you haven’t been able to even come up with 1 example.

Just because one paper says it isn't feasible makes you think it is impossible, sorry to disappoint you but you are wrong.

I know the limitations of GPS, unlike you, and know what is and is not possible at this time with current GPS tech.

So come on, where’s ANYTHING that proves your case?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
here is another article about Armatix and what they have developed for police.

The gun looks like a slightly futuristic, streamlined version of the semiautomatic pistols that have been standard police sidearms for the past three decades. In addition to using a wristwatch equipped with a radio-frequency identification (RFID) chip that unlocks the iP9 to fire when it is within 10 inches of the weapon, shooters can activate the gun on a smartphone app, which works at a longer range than the watch (the exact proximity is still being decided) and collects data on the number of rounds fired.

The company has also turned the gun’s pistol grip into a PIN pad. Users who don’t want to rely on a watch or their phone can unlock the gun by squeezing their fingers in sequence, which will enable the weapon to be fired until the same code is re-entered to turn it off.
the trace article of Armatix

edit on 22-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

He’s not even on about smart phones tracking the chip. He’s on about GPS tracking. The same thing that idiots follow into rivers and off cliffs because they lose signal.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I did mention cell phone tech to be used.

You don't read all or you skip over stuff. Just to be snarky towards me.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

And has nothing to do with your fictional GPS tracking OR your pretend attachment to a bill.

It’s an RFID chip in a watch that, when I’m close proximity to the chip in the pistol, allows it to be fired.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I did mention cell phone tech to be used.

No mention of cell phone tech in your OP. You added that after you got called out on the stupidity of using GPS.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join