It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms resolution to soon be passed.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

go read teh article I just posted it talks about on here it is PHONE APPS

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
your phone has to have service for your gun to work ,ha they made us all buy health insurance or else....im staying out of the herd on this one .....I wont be alone
edit on 22-10-2017 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Here just because some of you wont research is another article on smart guns note this is from 2016

Yardarm Technologies offers The Yardarm Sensor that connects firearms to a cloud service and provides real-time geo-location and other use data to give law enforcement, private security, the military, and other organizations the ability to track and monitor their firearms in real-time. The company has raised $3.1M in private equity.
www.cbinsights.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

go read teh article I just posted it talks about on here it is PHONE APPS

You didn’t read it, did you?

It’s on about RFID chips. There’s a tiny mention about maybe a phone app if they’re at a longer distance than 10 inches.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Here just because some of you wont research is another article on smart guns note this is from 2016

Yardarm Technologies offers The Yardarm Sensor that connects firearms to a cloud service and provides real-time geo-location and other use data to give law enforcement, private security, the military, and other organizations the ability to track and monitor their firearms in real-time. The company has raised $3.1M in private equity.
www.cbinsights.com...

Startups and things that haven’t been invented yet.

*slow clap*

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

According to the OP, you won’t have a choice and it’s coming soon.

(It’s really not and it’s a work of fiction, but the OP can’t see the many flaws in his ideas)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

While the article I just posted above is said to be for law enforcement it will be made mandatory for guns in the not to distant future to have this ability. If you don't want it then buy older guns and stay out of the new gun market.

I have a 1901, the first double action six shooter made by Colt it is a 38/40, you can't even find ammo for it anymore. It looks nice and shoots great but the last box I found of ammo was in Reno Nevada in 1991.

Just figure they will make smart ammo that wont fire in your older gun. And unless you reload you wont be able to fire it. and you can only reload for so long and then the casing is no loner any good to reload anymore.

edit on 22-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

...it will be made mandatory for guns in the not to distant future...

You keep saying that, but there is NOTHING to suggest it’s going to happen at all.

Nothing.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You have no patients, iin your zealousy to prove everything a lie and made up you read over some facts just to look for the "I gotcha points" and in doing so you don't realize these guns already exist. They may not be on the market, at least not in the US. But they are there and denial of this does not make it go away.

Policies are being written as we speak some are just reworked bills from the past presented as a new bill, but they are there. Will it be this week or the next maybe not, next year is more of a possibility, and if more LV type mass shootings take place the more the people will want the politicians to do something about it.

The LV shooter only killed a few more than the Orlando shooter, but he left way more wounded than Omar Mateen did.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Policies are being written as we speak some are just reworked bills from the past presented as a new bill, but they are there.

I’m sure if you say it just a few more times, it will make it pop into existence.

Or it won’t as it’s just a figment of you imagination. Just like a super secret GPS chip that, somehow, gets 100% coverage and works on the current, non 100% covered system.

They may not be on the market, at least not in the US. But they are there and denial of this does not make it go away.

I would say “prove it”, but this being Skunk Works, you don’t have to. Also, I know you won’t because you haven’t once proved a thing since page 1.
edit on 22102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

None of which are even remotely in service, nor will they be for the foreseeable future.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

No gun works at a 100% rate. No smart gun will either.

While smart gun or if you like iGun technology has been ready for production since 2005, it is politics that has kept them out of the hands of US law enforcement and citizens alike. Smith and Wesson has received Millions of dollars in grants from the US Govt since 2003 to advance smart gun technology. Most of their work is kept under wraps until the right time.

I don't have to say it "one more time or a few more times" to make it a reality, you know as well as I policies on gun and gun parts control or gun tech are being written today, and it only takes a few more LV and Orlando's to get the public behind it.

The one thing that I appreciate politics for is the fact that we can still buy and own guns in the US because of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

No gun works at a 100% rate. No smart gun will either.

And putting a fictional GPS chip in them will make them LESS reliable due to dead spots, the inability for GPS signals to travel through the body and the inability of handling the extra MILLIONS of signals.

Your ideas are a fantasy. It’s fiction. It’s been PROVEN it won’t work by a paper YOU posted. At worst, this thread should be binned. At best, it should be put in LOL.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I am sowing you that the tech is out there. Yardyarns maybe a startup but you wont read anything of the Millions of US funded R&D that Smith and Wesson is doing and has been doing since 2003 for smart gun/iGun technology nor will you see much of their prototypes which they have been ready to produce and are just waiting to manufature once the people really want it.

We of the boomer/X generation are on the way out it is the next generation that will implement this and it will very soon.

BTW S&W are not the only US gun Manufacture that has workable smart/iGun tech ready for production.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

that will implement this and it will very soon.

But you admitted that was a lie.

Which is it?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Um, tell us something we don't know.

Every Gun manufacturer has an R&D department that studies a couple decades a head, normal.

No laws are being implemented, and if any side of congress or President attempted to even introduce one, the NRA and the other leagues would just make a nice little speech and have the entire funding and voters base crap all over them.

You are now back tracking and you have back tracked 4+ times since making this thread and each time to back track you attempt to make your posts and points even more vague so that if some tiny legislation does come in that may not even be close to a point you're making but has a word close to it, you can then go scream "TOLD YOU SO".
edit on 23-10-2017 by MuonToGluon because: registration > legislation (autocorrect)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
it still wont prevent tragedy's, if anything your breaking into my house hang on while I turn my gun on find a signal its not going to fly......

We pretty much agree with that. How many times has your GPS displayed 'searching for satellites'? If it's once it's too many times.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Neighbour.

You are yet to prove that there is a "resolution soon to be passed" Nothing of the like is occurring. You've posted public domain patents, articles, and YouTube videos. You have not shown that there is a conspiracy for this to happen. Oh and your thread has not been vanished. Why? Because it is a fiction, based on who knows what?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Or how about when the GPS gets confused? I remember returning a rental in Boston. .The high rises totally screwed it up, and I had to drive based on memory (I'd been there ONCE).... thankfully I managed to remember. A GPS enabled weapon, that uses an easily foxed tech? Yeah.... no.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Add to that the made up firing mechanism block that is activated by the infallible GPS and you have quite the fairy tale.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join