It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION PLEASE: Jesus Christ/Lucifer has returned. The Angel of Life has Spoken. Apocalypse NOW

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

any drug addict can tell you free will exists..

they picked parts of the brain to stimulate and they stimulated desire..

ever do things you do not desire?

hmmm??

I swear you guys need to meditate for real. I can shut off my emotions if i choose.. I can look at the "auto pilot guy" and override him.. You can shut off desires.. You can override even things like heart rate..

without freewill no one would be able to commit suicide.. every cell in your body screams to be alive.
thats the strongest program survival, and you can go against it by a choice.

simple people like simplicity..
if you dont believe in free will What the Are You Doing Alive?

Just go sit in the corner and wait for something to happen. How long can you sit in the corner?? That had to happen?

LOL..

its your freewill. Waste it however you like..

there are limitations to free will, but if you think electricity = consciousness, you must think computers are conscious.

we can give them similar architecture to the brain, but no computers are coming to life.. odd that..

edit on 15-10-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OwenandNoelle

Interesting.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

we can give them similar architecture to the brain, but no computers are coming to life.. odd that..

In a few years, a comma may well make that sentence accurate for the times, if this article is correct...

"we can give them similar architecture to the brain, but no, computers are coming to life.. odd that.. "

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs
Are you saying that Stephen Hawking and Einstein are wrong?

Einstein’s 1931 essay “The World As I See It” contains this similar passage:

“In human freedom in the philosophical sense I am definitely a disbeliever.
Everybody acts not only under external compulsion but also in accordance with
inner necessity. Schopenhauer’s saying, that “a man can do as he will, but not
will as he will,” has been an inspiration to me since my youth, and a continual
consolation and unfailing well-spring of patience in the face of the hardships
of life, my own and others’. This feeling mercifully mitigates the sense of
responsibility which so easily becomes paralyzing, and it prevents us from taking
ourselves and other people too seriously; it conduces to a view of life in
which humor, above all, has its due place.”sillysutras.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

hmmm??

You can do things you desire - but you did not choose to desire that desire.
Arthur Schopenhauer "Man can do what he wants, but he cannot will what he wills"
If you prefer chocolate ice cream you cannot choose to prefer vanilla.
edit on 15-10-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

hmmm??

Arthur Schopenhauer "Man can do what he wants, but he cannot will what he wills"
If you prefer chocolate ice cream you cannot choose to prefer vanilla.

But I can choose to eat vanilla anyway.. did you not notice I put drug addicts and avoiding not following desire in the same post? Culture can override biology, just look at marriage..

Einstein mentioned internal and external influences.. ie limitations on free will.

Like I say meditation shows you how to become who you want to be. People change. Some people change on purpose.

The Army actually taught me how to outperform my supposed limitations by using my mind.. Mind over matter.

Can you decide to sit in a corner forever and let the universe control you? Think about it. Can you?

In fact I have changed my own desires on purpose. Some are there to stay, I have limitations on what I can change, but trust me the guy who is bound by biology and chemistry desire and reward/punishment, is not the deepest level of me.. the me I am can watch that other guy.

And no just because Someone is a good physicist does not make them better at understanding the mind than me..

For all I know both those men fear disorder and want everything explained away to where they don't want to be responsible for their own actions..

AND in that case what the hell is breaking the law?
What is a prison?

Hmm?

An ad on tv can make you want popcorn, but a mind can choose not to watch ads..

It really is your fault if you kill somone.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

This is very true! As a BDSM enthusiast, I can completely agree with this. I've had these desires since I was a toddler (yes, really), as an adult, finding relationships without any BDSM activity very unfulfilling and living in a part of the UK with a really small BDSM community (ergo making it harder to find a woman into it to the same level I am), I often wanted to walk away from those feelings and just be Vanilla but I can no better stop myself doing that than i can stop myself being Scottish (not that I would ever want to not be Scottish).

We must learn to live with our desires (and that goes x100 people with desires that we all agree are wrong)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Can you decide to sit in a corner forever and let the universe control you? Think about it. Can you?

The illusion is that there is 'someone in there' separate from what is happening - there isn't 'someone in there'.
Right now everything is happening - if a thought arises it is simply thought arising - the assumption is that there is a 'thinker' separate to thought.
It is impossible to know what thought will arise next.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
I often wanted to walk away from those feelings and just be Vanilla but I can no better stop myself doing that than i can stop myself being Scottish (not that I would ever want to not be Scottish).

We must learn to live with our desires (and that goes x100 people with desires that we all agree are wrong)

Yes - it is impossible to walk away from what drives us.
Feelings of compassion arise instead of hateful judgements.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: da1daonlymorningstar

IN THE NAME OF TRUTH, LIGHT, MERCY, COMPASSION, FORGIVENESS, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND ALL THAT OTHER GOOD JAZZ
AND AS ALWAYS --- FOR THE GREATEST GOOD OF ALL

MARK THESE WORDS

Sweet lost child, you don't have to believe in me at all. As Reverbs kindly yet frustratingly explained to me using kittens, which I appreciate...

All of us are in fact, very timid lions, who have had a very difficult life (lives) and have many demons to forgive.

I'd rather that you believe in yourself, in your own divinity, rather than believe I am the anti-Christ or Loki or anything like that. I'm just trying to make you laugh.

God and Jesus Christ do not care what you call him/her/it. We care about the essence of your heart.

Sometimes laughter is the only way to get through to you, my children, you lovable and oh so very innocent old jokers and fools.

You are all magicians! This is your divine heritage, but you must do so only in the name of the Greatest Good of All.

Anyways,

Long story short, I give up. I don't care if you believe in me or not. You don't even have to believe in a God if you don't want to.

You people are so stubborn and we love and cherish you all so much, that you are all saved whether you like it or not.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but I'm afraid I really must put my foot down here.

Please wake up and let hope back in your life.

Surely, with all the information out there, there is some God or Ancient Alien, Spirit Guide or animal creature that you can believe in. My favourite diety is in fact my Dogs/Gods, Owen and Noelle.

You see, time is an illusion. It is a human concept and many of our pets, are much higher dimensional beings then we can ever imagine.

I'm very sad to say that our original world ended many, many years ago. We are living in an illusions, a virtual reality simulation. It is our Animals who have come back to save us.

This is why it is so important to feed the birds!!!

Anyways, if nothing else, please believe in the divinity of your own soul, your own magnificent heart.

Again, to repeat, you stubborn but gentle old fools and delightfullly jolly old jokers WIN.

(Which i have begrudging learned is not the most important thing after all.)

We are no longer going to try to change you or get you to believe us. We miss you all too much to let this game continue any longer.

You are all too gentle and humble for your own good. You are not ants. This is not An Ant farm. You are not a grain of sand in a cold and barren universe. You are not a drop of water in an ocean.

Each one of you is a baby god in your own right. You are learning very difficult life lessons, so that when you go to Heaven, after this life, (and not a moment earlier) you will value yourself, each other and your dream come true reality.

But I give up trying to change you. You have passed your test, simply by hanging in there and holding your spark of light for so long.

IN THE NAME OF MERCY. I can't bare to watch you suffer another moment.

Soon Heaven and all of our Gods will be returning to earth. No strings attached.

Congratulations my brothers and sisters. We all win. Unconditional love, joy, laughter and compassion has triumphed once more.

The Angel of Life has spoken.

SO IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN.
SO IT HAD BEEN DONE.
SO BE IT.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

The illusion is that there is 'someone in there' separate from what is happening - there isn't 'someone in there'.
Right now everything is happening - if a thought arises it is simply thought arising - the assumption is that there is a 'thinker' separate to thought.
It is impossible to know what thought will arise next.

No it's not..

I don't have thoughts.

I have to think them.

I'm literally living in silence looking through eyes hearing through ears.. just blank.. until I get hungry or something..

And I didn't say thinker separate to thought though in my case it's more accurate than in others cases.. you can just observe.. once you know who you are by watching the random monkey brain do his thing you can change it..

This is what "schools" are for.

You can decide to go to college. After a time you will not be the same person.. you must expand your idea of what free will is and how you can control it.. for instance paint your room a loud color.. in the future you will have more energy annoying or good..

Simone who doesn't yet know what paint is can't decide to paint their room.. knowledge is a key factor..

If you are playing the consciousness game one step to the next fine no free will.. plan ahead silly.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
I often wanted to walk away from those feelings and just be Vanilla but I can no better stop myself doing that than i can stop myself being Scottish (not that I would ever want to not be Scottish).

Yes - it is impossible to walk away from what drives us.
Feelings of compassion arise instead of hateful judgements.

No it's not..

I can turn my sexual desire on and off. I can turn my empathy on and off.

What drives me is what I drive, which then can drive, but remember what drives you is gasoline nothing more, you still have to press the gas

I swear sit still and wait for your body to grab a glass of water and drink it WITHOUT you doing anything. Do you honestly believe it will happen??

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I can turn my sexual desire on and off.

Can you choose who you are attracted to?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Yes, that is good advice. Hopefully God is paying attention. I think he/she is, but might have the attention span of a fruit fly with ADHD. This is all so exciting!

Said with love and compassion to our sweet, sleep deprived White Rabbit.

I ask you all, who are awake, which seems to be nearly everyone but me lol and grr...how the hell is one supposed to sleep?!

A wise and gentle part of me, suggests that "we can all sleep when we are dead" but all signs point to me getting some sleeping pills or something.

Meditation does seem to be what I'm supposed to but silence is deafening. The void, nothingness is more than I can bare. I think the answer, has and will always be music.

But what do you guys think?

Should I quiet my mind and face the void or can we agree that silence is terrifying and just never stop singing?
edit on 15-10-2017 by OwenandNoelle because: Scared of my own mind lol and honestly, true

edit on 15-10-2017 by OwenandNoelle because: I've really mellowed out over the years, but still "spelling" mistakes really piss me off

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I swear sit still and wait for your body to grab a glass of water and drink it WITHOUT you doing anything. Do you honestly believe it will happen??

Can you stop the feeling of hunger arising? When these feeling in the tummy and head happen - can you stop the body from getting up and seeking food?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I can turn my sexual desire on and off.

Can you choose who you are attracted to?

Some things are harder to choose than others and they get put into the "magic category" of human thought.

Right now I'm choosing not to be attracted to anybody. So yes I can.

Can your body talk on it's own?? I must have an outdated model that requires my input to work.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Can you stop the feeling of hunger arising? When these feeling in the tummy and head happen - can you stop the body from getting up and seeking food?

Yes..

What kind of question is that?

Ever heard of gandhi?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Can your body talk on it's own??

Mouths open words come out.

I must have an outdated model that requires my input to work.

That is just a belief that happens.
Stop and see what happens!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Yes..

What kind of question is that?

Ever heard of ghandi?

What is ghandi?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join