It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says that Anti-America TV Networks Could Lose Their Broadcast License.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: carewemust

The government should not be allowed to revoke broadcasting licenses for something along these lines. That is a dictatorship.

It's this kind of crap that makes me awfully glad I did not vote for Trump. Much the same as I did not vote for anyone, because it was all crap for choices.

If anything should be done to CNN, it should be because what they were calling news was actually opinion. And shy of habitually misrepresenting their "facts" as news, they should not be penalized by loosing their license because the President does not like what they have to say.
while on the fence about Trump and very against the big media new age yellow joirnalism... I have to agree with you there. That becomes a verh VERY slippery slope.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Remember that 'news' station that was going around telling people not to read Clintons emails?

Nope.

Another case was running around telling everyone that 'nutcases' are legally allowed to by firearms.

They are.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: Phage

So your saying it's legal to Impeach the president based on fake news, that in fact trying to overthrow the President?

What's that even supposed to mean? The whole point of impeachment is to decide if the president did something wrong or not. They can't decide in advance what's fake, like Trump is attempting.

It's the president, not the pope, not infallible.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

If Trump is impeached based on fake news it effects the government, that would be an overthrow too.

What are you even talking about? First how about you clarify what fake news is. More specifically, how about you post some links to "fake news" that deliberately create entirely fabricated stories about Trump in an effort to discredit him. Not embellished reports.. not news reports created with a biased slant (as all news networks do this, even the ones who kiss Trump's rear), but FALSE stories with no basis in truth, created specifically to discredit Trump.

Next, explain how you think those who are actually involved in an impeachment process would actually have been fooled by these supposed "fake news" stories, and would legally try to impeach Trump. Then also explain how Trump's attorney team would NOT be able to prove that these were fabricated, totally false stories? Does that sound even remotely feasible?

The entire premise that Trump could be impeached due to "fake news" is ludicrous. Fake news isn't even a thing. Media has been doing what it does for far longer than Trump has been a thing. It's laughable you and others (including Trump) actually believe that news sources that paint Trump in a good light are "real news" sites, and ones that have damning articles are "fake news" sites. What a crock - Trump, with his ultra-thin skin and antagonistic personality simply can't handle any sort of criticism.. whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You idiots. Trump's "fake news" only concerns networks that are against him. Fox is a HUGe culprit of bias BS news. You can't just give one team free speech and not the other. You guys have really fallen for this nonsense... And on ATS of all places. Are you guys so stupid that you have no clue to the thousands of lies Fox News presents?

This is the reason I stopped reading any alternative news website. The globalist and elites started to become liberals and democrats. No longer was the fraudulent Fox News "fake news" in the eyes of websites like infowars, but it was a friend and ally. I see this trend happening all over. It's no longer about truth, it's just about your silly team.
edit on 12-10-2017 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

I wanted so much more from him, but he lost my vote before the elections....

What does disturb me though is the idea that people are actually accepting of the idea that "fake news" should be banned....

This can ONLY lead to so called "fake news" being far more than just lies, but including anything the government does not want to hear.

It is our duty as critically thinking citizens to make that choice for ourselves.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I am a huge believer in the idea that if the rules were there when you came to the game, you play by them. I also am no legal expert on anything, really.

I believe that the outrage over "fake news" is blown out of proportion. To me, what I have heard, are main stream media outlets stating their opinions as best serves their political and financial purposes. I believe that 99.999% of all of our "news" is actually spin and opinion anyways.

What I am saying is this, if you are so naive as to hear something presented as truth that doesn't smell quite right... and not an adult enough to investigate for yourself, or form your own opinion.... then you don't deserve to be "free" to consume information that you choose.

I do not need a nanny state to tell me what is "news" and what is "fake news". Sorry.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

It is our duty as critically thinking citizens

Trump supporters lack the skills. These are people who think the truth in climate science is ignoring the consensus of climate scientists. We're dealing on that level.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: Phage

How does it feel to be trolled by Trump on topics like this?

The NFL is feeling it....

How does it feel? It feels like we got this president:

I see why it appeals to base people. He works on their level.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

It is our duty as critically thinking citizens

Trump supporters lack the skills. These are people who think the truth in climate science is ignoring the consensus of climate scientists. We're dealing on that level.

Your statement is as flat out ridiculous as racism is.

Countdown to being wrongly accused of being a Trump Supporter and one of "them" in 5.... 4...... 3..... 2......

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

You think Trump supporters capable of critical thinking? lol Bless your heart.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Here, this is really simple. Ban fake news. OK. Who determines if it's fake? The government? If so then they determine content. Thus infringing on the 1st. Not to mention news becomes even more a propaganda arm of the government. If one can't follow that simple logic don't even try a basic Connect the Dots book.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

You think Trump supporters capable of critical thinking? lol Bless your heart.

No. I think you're a raving idiot that does not realize you've swallowed the kool-aid. And you're amazingly and egotistically naive to believe the pablum that you are simply parroting.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You're saying Trump supporters don't believe in amazing ideas like building a wall around the "land of the free", or ignoring climate scientists on the issue of climate science, and of course that love for trolls.

LOL... I wish to one day be as wise as those special Trump supporters... with their great ideas and their inspiring leaders...but I'm afraid to shove the wire up my nose to get to that level of wisdom.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Oh geez.

As a salesman who claims to know the art of the deal, i presume he knows the art of the pitch. So with that said...what exactly is Donald pitching to America?

That he's willing to take on entertainers? Because that is the gist of the talking points i see him referencing: the NFL needs to be more patriotic. NBC and CNN need to be more patriotic. The mayor in Puerto Rico is a dirty, lying hag. Etc, etc.

Meanwhile his wall isn't being built. ACA is still there, with lame ass replacements being shot down twice now. What campaign promises has Donald even been trying on? Because if he were trying to achieve something, certainly he would be out pitching the idea and trying to gain support for it. Right? Isn't that what the art of the pitch is?

So what, exactly, is Donald pitching? Nationalism? Authoritarianism? Based on his communications, and the communications of his "team"...what can we say that Donald is pitching to try to acheive while in office?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I wish that one day, ATS will offer the option of blocking or muting "folks" like you.

This conversation is over. Ciao.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Political commentary and opinions should be banned from all MSM networks. News should report facts, not opinion

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

America is not the land of the free. America has caused the deaths of millions in the Middle East.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ichbu
Political commentary and opinions should be banned from all MSM networks. News should report facts, not opinion

Even in that extreme, Trump supporters would be convinced that all news was fake news... again. Because "Who gets to decide what is fact?". Say that with a thick southern accent and you start to see the point. There is no easy fix for people who wish to deny reality.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The entire concept of "fake news" originated to explain the false stories the Russians were writing about Clinton.

Trump stole it like he does everything else, and now uses it when referring to anything that doesn't flatter him.

To even hear him use the term "fake news" is sickening. He turns everything around, like "crooked Hillary". He's the one who is crooked. When he does this type thing, it's very revealing. He's actually quite transparent in his psyche once you get to 'know him'. And it's small. His mind is small.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join