It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says that Anti-America TV Networks Could Lose Their Broadcast License.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: imitator

No, I saw it.
Where's the part about saying bad things about the president?

Fake news can be an attempt to overthrow the President United States : add government for Phage : )

U.S. Code › Title 18 › Part I › Chapter 115 › § 2385

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
edit on 42104231pm312017Thu, 12 Oct 2017 22:42:24 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

We rode this merry-go-round yesterday. To summarize:

Saying bad things about the president is not treason.
Impeachment of the president is not treason.
Talking about impeaching the president is not treason.

edit on 10/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Too bad Carlin is 10 years gone. He would have BBQ'd this administration. Sam B, Lewis Black and Colbert wrapped into one.

Carlin would be barbequing the Dems a hell of alot more.

And calling for the end to lying media that has been the biggest problem all along.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: RazorV66

You don't see the issue here, do you?

The mere fact that he's even contemplating this should be cause for alarm...

When has the news actually reported factually and enriched anyones lives?

Why do they have the right to tell us what to think and how to be much like a freakin church and limit our intellects at the hands of corporations and scum?

Why do they get a free pass to be complete and total liars like they are...with no reporting done without oversight?

It is a dam religion that controls and maims us all.

They do not deserve to continue in ANY WAY as they are.

Meanwhile you want Trump to shutup and he is not even a fraction as damaging.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Nik0laTesla
The news was created to report the news. No op eds or opinion pieces. The news was originally intended to be just a vessel to relay important current events and the people at those event's reactions. That's it.

If there was a way to scale back these news outlets to just reporting news. I would be good with it.

The news were never involved in political talk and so on. It was a different time back in the old days.

It's become quite obvious that you and many others have no clue what the freedom of the press is.

Tell us what it is...the press is far from free...and does not care who or what it harms...and often INTENDS to harm.

Name something of value the press has submitted in the last 20 years.

Just for starters.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: Phage

The President is both the head of state and head of government. A presidential impeachment based on lies would be an overthrow of government. You can spin however you want.

MSM committed TREASON against the president by reporting fake news, they are trying to oust him under false pretenses. Article Three of the United States Constitution. Adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

You can't commit treason against the President.

Do you even know what treason means?

www.dictionary.com...

Fake News = Treason

Take your pick...

1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

If your smart you would pick 3.

Then you have U.S. Constitution › Article III

Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

You do not understand how wrong you are. It has an additional passage that you did not cite:

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.

Treason was defined explicitly and narrowly in the Constitution so that people could not accused of treason for saying bad things about the country's leader because English kings would brand people traitors.

The only ways to commit treason against the United States is to:
1) Declare war on the United States
2) Join an enemy of the United States

The entire point of limiting treason to these specific rules was to protect We the People against the head of state, so that the President couldn't declare people traitors and have them killed. That's why it requires witnesses and why Congress sets the punishment.

You are arguing against the very spirit of the Constitution of the United States and against the founders of this country.

Do not use the word 'treason' lightly, for you tread closer to it than those you accuse.
edit on 0Fri, 13 Oct 2017 00:29:21 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago10 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Fake news can be an attempt to overthrow the President United States

Not sure if this could sound any more Nazi than it is.

Freedom of the press... doesn't matter if it is real.. highly biased.. blogged.. ludicrous.. fantastical.. it's freedom of the press. Based on fact or honest OPINION, without government interference or regulation. I am thinking that Trump's constituents are as badly versed on the Bill of Rights as Trump is himself.

If Trump actually understood the 1st Amendment and the rest of the Bill of Rights (and I seriously doubt he has ever read them), he'd realize his "fake news" proclamation is a load of utter crap. But he doesn't.. nor does his supporters, they just regurgitate his twitter angst. Getting your feelings hurt because of your paper-thin skin isn't a reason to go full-on dictator and start threatening the press and their right to free speech.

Just because YOU don't agree with their own articles, doesn't remove their right to post them. Use your supposed intelligence to differentiate between fake.. real.. whatever.. and form your own opinions. Instead of trying to turn our country into WWII era Germany.
edit on 13-10-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
Many thanks for the law on licensing by the FCC, some need to read it closely or admit they don't care what is, is.
Case closed, thank you. Common sense to check for the law of the land. The laws the progressives ignore unless it is someone like Pres Trump. Those pesky facts are getting in the way of the hate.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: FHomerK

You think Trump supporters capable of critical thinking? lol Bless your heart.

As a Paul supporter and Libertarian loaning my vote to the R party for now, i disagree. I do because many of us normal people do know after observing them, that the ones not handing critical thinking are the so called snow flakes of the left. They are clearly acting like lunatics during the "protests". Trump has a big mouth and I don't like the jabs he takes at times as I wouldn't say some of that even though it was true. But, so far he has been accurate, timely like a good comedian and has caused the lefties to be triggered. In so doing, he is making me want to break out the popcorn and soda's and settle in to watch them melt.

Oh the irony of how the lefties think they know what is best for others when they are proving to be mindless drones repeating the narrative talking points of fools and charlatans.

A Libertarian would be denouncing an attack on the 1st Amendment.

What is ironic is that you claim to be a Libertarian but are not denouncing this tyranny.

Yes on all freedoms.

AND we also denounce LIES.. so there...Libertarians do want the truth and licensing liars is not the Gov business. Free speech cover the lies. The Carlin skits on the words we can't say is where my heart is. He was right. That said, lying and calling it news doesn't have to be licensed. That is like saying I approve of the snake oil salesman on the street corner hawking a miracle cure of brain tumors.

edit on 13-10-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Possibly, there is a lot of division lately. Seems like a lot of fools from both sides who feel the need to blindly support their party regardless of whats going on.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Fake news can be an attempt to overthrow the President United States

Not sure if this could sound any more Nazi than it is.

Freedom of the press... doesn't matter if it is real.. highly biased.. blogged.. ludicrous.. fantastical.. it's freedom of the press. Based on fact or honest OPINION, without government interference or regulation. I am thinking that Trump's constituents are as badly versed on the Bill of Rights as Trump is himself.

If Trump actually understood the 1st Amendment and the rest of the Bill of Rights (and I seriously doubt he has ever read them), he'd realize his "fake news" proclamation is a load of utter crap. But he doesn't.. nor does his supporters, they just regurgitate his twitter angst. Getting your feelings hurt because of your paper-thin skin isn't a reason to go full-on dictator and start threatening the press and their right to free speech.

Just because YOU don't agree with their own articles, doesn't remove their right to post them. Use your supposed intelligence to differentiate between fake.. real.. whatever.. and form your own opinions. Instead of trying to turn our country into WWII era Germany.

Ok so if I decide to write all over the internet that trump likes to dress up in women’s clothing and touch little kids, I would be arrested for slander/defamation..... but the press can print anything they like because of freedom whether it’s based on fact or opinion.

That’s rubbish. The press need to stop printing fake news

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Enforced Patriotism and shutting down independent media.

Who here thinks this a either a good idea or "American" in any way? How many understand that is the exact opposite of democracy or freedom?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Greven

Possibly, there is a lot of division lately. Seems like a lot of fools from both sides who feel the need to blindly support their party regardless of whats going on.

Is it wrong to see corrupt Hillary and the DNC as evil when they cheated Bernie like a dog?

THAT MADE ME be a Trump voter. I might have voted Bernie, he sure had some good points similar to Ron Paul but was making commie overtures IMO, but compared to DJT at the time, Bernie looked like a solid choice.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
Enforced Patriotism and shutting down independent media.

Who here thinks this a either a good idea or "American" in any way? How many understand that is the exact opposite of democracy or freedom?

An independent media? Have you been sleeping the last 50 years?
The rules of fairness say liars exposed will face consequences of their actions in the professionally Licensed environment we live in. That doesn't mean they can't express themselves and as much as they like! They are still free to share their lies without a license anywhere. Just not where that license is required.

Show me how suspending a license means they are going to be arrested for free speech because that is the lie being parroted when you claim it is shutting down free speech.

edit on 13-10-2017 by Justoneman because: Grammar faux pas

ETA
The licenses are issued to protect the citizens from charlatans. CNN is sure charlatan IMO.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

1) Donald Trump is not "America."
2) Printing the truth about him undermines him, not America.
3) There is a reason why freedom of expression is the First Amendment, not the second.
4) Even suggesting that media be punished by the government is advocating censorship.
5) Even if he was autarchic enough to order the FCC to start revoking licenses, it is not the networks that are licensed, it is the individual stations.
6) When will the Republicans realize that a man who thinks the First Amendment applies to Nazis but not football players and mainstream media is not fit for office, and will be an albatross around their neck in upcoming elections?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: intrepid
Too bad Carlin is 10 years gone. He would have BBQ'd this administration. Sam B, Lewis Black and Colbert wrapped into one.

Carlin would be barbequing the Dems a hell of alot more.

And calling for the end to lying media that has been the biggest problem all along.

YES, he would have been on them like stink on poo. Intrepid, he was anti-government BS and the Dems are PRO gov BS along with the RINO's.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: carewemust

1) Donald Trump is not "America."
2) Printing the truth about him undermines him, not America.
3) There is a reason why freedom of expression is the First Amendment, not the second.
4) Even suggesting that media be punished by the government is advocating censorship.
5) Even if he was autarchic enough to order the FCC to start revoking licenses, it is not the networks that are licensed, it is the individual stations.
6) When will the Republicans realize that a man who thinks the First Amendment applies to Nazis but not football players and mainstream media is not fit for office, and will be an albatross around their neck in upcoming elections?

Once again, just flinging stuff without knowing what it is.

The NBC official broadcast station is located at 1 Rockafeller Center.... Shall we continue pinpointing them for understanding of which might have an issue.

Why not hold all of them , Fox, Comedy Central even to a standard where they separate the fake news like Stewart did. After all it is fantasy on Comedy Central, they let you know. CNN and Fox should be forced to call theirs fantasy when it is!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I once suggested that ATS charge InfoWars for posting here and people screamed "censorship!" You are advocating government suppression of the media. That is outright totalitarianism. If you don't like what the TV is telling you, you can always switch the darned thing off. If Donald Trump doesn't like people talking about him, he should retire.
edit on 13-10-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Justoneman

I once suggested that ATS charge InfoWars for posting here and people screamed "censorship!" You are advocating government suppression of the media. That is outright totalitarianism. If you don't like what the TV is telling you, you can always switch the darned thing off. If Donald Trump doesn't like people talking about him, he should retire.

Not at all. Just decency in truth telling and calling it when it is wrong. Failing to qualify for a license has nothing to do with free speech of the press. There are lots of organizations operating as news outlets who do not have a broadcast license who aren't saying their free speech is violated and neither is CNN.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Who is against standards for a license?

I say standards for a license to broadcast over the airwaves have already been established. It is not Draconian to qualify if the rules are agreed upon prior. Faking the news, not retracting, not attempting to be fair has consequences.

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join