It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says that Anti-America TV Networks Could Lose Their Broadcast License.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: carewemust

You mean like the real fake news RT that he allows to broadcast their fake b.s. but NBC is the problem. RIIIIIIIGHHHT!

RT is actually pretty accurate.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Let it be Known to All Television Broadcasters , The FCC can Revoke your Broadcast Licenses AT ANY TIME , if it Deems it Criminal in it's Content .......

The Communications Act of 1934 confers upon the FCC the sole authority to examine applications for television broadcast licenses and to grant, refuse, or revoke them as the public interest, convenience, or necessity requires. The FCC has broad discretion to establish the qualifications for applicants seeking a television broadcast license and for licensees seeking renewal. The FCC has exercised this discretion to prescribe an assortment of qualifications relating to citizenship, financial solvency, technical prowess, and moral character, and other criteria the commission has deemed relevant to determine the fitness of particular applicants to run a television station. The FCC will also compare the programming content proposed by an applicant to the content of existing programming. The FCC favors applicants who will make television entertainment more diverse and competitive.

edit on 12-10-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

You mean like the real fake news RT that he allows to broadcast their fake b.s. but NBC is the problem. RIIIIIIIGHHHT!

RT is actually pretty accurate.

Maintaining significant enough credibility with factual reporting to keep a broad exposure platform open for a mix of propaganda and psychological manipulation is something the Russians are far better at than their American counterparts.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: Phage

The President is both the head of state and head of government. A presidential impeachment based on lies would be an overthrow of government. You can spin however you want.

MSM committed TREASON against the president by reporting fake news, they are trying to oust him under false pretenses. Article Three of the United States Constitution. Adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

You can't commit treason against the President.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

I'm afraid you are missing the point. The second you allow the government to ISSUE a license, you are admitting that it is conditional. So yeah, if you accept the premise that the FCC has a right to regulate anything at all, you have to accept that they may revoke a license. I do not agree with any regulation of the press, but if the press is abusing the public airwaves by spreading LIES, then what better reason to revoke their broadcasting license? The government should not be allowed to ISSUE broadcasting licenses. That is a dictatorship. There, I fixed that for you.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
You idiots. Trump's "fake news" only concerns networks that are against him. Fox is a HUGe culprit of bias BS news. You can't just give one team free speech and not the other. You guys have really fallen for this nonsense... And on ATS of all places. Are you guys so stupid that you have no clue to the thousands of lies Fox News presents?

This is the reason I stopped reading any alternative news website. The globalist and elites started to become liberals and democrats. No longer was the fraudulent Fox News "fake news" in the eyes of websites like infowars, but it was a friend and ally. I see this trend happening all over. It's no longer about truth, it's just about your silly team.

I don't know about you, but one thing I've noticed is a lot of accounts that spring up and then are quickly closed.

Many of these accounts say inflammatory things, on any side of the matter. I can't help but wonder if ATS is being targeted by nefarious forces in order to shape opinion of its members.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yes. We know.
We also know that applies to broadcast stations. Not networks. We also know that the FCC leans (strongly) toward the first amendment when determining if there is a violation.

edit on 10/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill

I'm afraid you are missing the point. The second you allow the government to ISSUE a license, you are admitting that it is conditional. So yeah, if you accept the premise that the FCC has a right to regulate anything at all, you have to accept that they may revoke a license. I do not agree with any regulation of the press, but if the press is abusing the public airwaves by spreading LIES, then what better reason to revoke their broadcasting license? The government should not be allowed to ISSUE broadcasting licenses. That is a dictatorship. There, I fixed that for you.

And you apparently think I like the idea in the first place. I don't. You made an assumption.

There, I fixed you.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Oh geez.

As a salesman who claims to know the art of the deal, i presume he knows the art of the pitch. So with that said...what exactly is Donald pitching to America?

That he's willing to take on entertainers? Because that is the gist of the talking points i see him referencing: the NFL needs to be more patriotic. NBC and CNN need to be more patriotic. The mayor in Puerto Rico is a dirty, lying hag. Etc, etc.

Meanwhile his wall isn't being built. ACA is still there, with lame ass replacements being shot down twice now. What campaign promises has Donald even been trying on? Because if he were trying to achieve something, certainly he would be out pitching the idea and trying to gain support for it. Right? Isn't that what the art of the pitch is?

So what, exactly, is Donald pitching? Nationalism? Authoritarianism? Based on his communications, and the communications of his "team"...what can we say that Donald is pitching to try to acheive while in office?

Don't worry, obviously he's responsible for the stock market growth that started years ago and continues through his term.

All he had to do is make almost no changes to any legislation at all as of yet, and it's a Trump Market!
edit on 21Thu, 12 Oct 2017 21:43:38 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago10 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

You think Trump supporters capable of critical thinking? lol Bless your heart.

As a Paul supporter and Libertarian loaning my vote to the R party for now, i disagree. I do because many of us normal people do know after observing them, that the ones not handing critical thinking are the so called snow flakes of the left. They are clearly acting like lunatics during the "protests". Trump has a big mouth and I don't like the jabs he takes at times as I wouldn't say some of that even though it was true. But, so far he has been accurate, timely like a good comedian and has caused the lefties to be triggered. In so doing, he is making me want to break out the popcorn and soda's and settle in to watch them melt.

Oh the irony of how the lefties think they know what is best for others when they are proving to be mindless drones repeating the narrative talking points of fools and charlatans.

A Libertarian would be denouncing an attack on the 1st Amendment.

What is ironic is that you claim to be a Libertarian but are not denouncing this tyranny.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Let it be Known to All Television Broadcasters , The FCC can Revoke your Broadcast Licenses AT ANY TIME , if it Deems it Criminal in it's Content .......

The Communications Act of 1934 confers upon the FCC the sole authority to examine applications for television broadcast licenses and to grant, refuse, or revoke them as the public interest, convenience, or necessity requires. The FCC has broad discretion to establish the qualifications for applicants seeking a television broadcast license and for licensees seeking renewal. The FCC has exercised this discretion to prescribe an assortment of qualifications relating to citizenship, financial solvency, technical prowess, and moral character, and other criteria the commission has deemed relevant to determine the fitness of particular applicants to run a television station. The FCC will also compare the programming content proposed by an applicant to the content of existing programming. The FCC favors applicants who will make television entertainment more diverse and competitive.

As has been stated many times in this thread, NBC isn't licensed by the FCC.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Frankly, to me, it seems like anyone with sense would technically be "anti-American" because the U.S. has been nothing but a disaster since its inception. We're a Masonic country. A corporation, actually. A twisted social experiment.

And what does he consider anti-American, anyway?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: Phage

The President is both the head of state and head of government. A presidential impeachment based on lies would be an overthrow of government. You can spin however you want.

MSM committed TREASON against the president by reporting fake news, they are trying to oust him under false pretenses. Article Three of the United States Constitution. Adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

You can't commit treason against the President.

Do you even know what treason means?

www.dictionary.com...

Fake News = Treason

Take your pick...

1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

If your smart you would pick 3.

Then you have U.S. Constitution › Article III

Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Where's the part about saying bad things about the president? Did you forget to quote it?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Where's the part about saying bad things about the president? Did you forget to quote it?

Which part? 25th Amendment ?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

No. In the definition of treason.
You missed the part where saying bad things about the president is treason.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No. In the definition of treason.
You missed the part where saying bad things about the president is treason.

The definition of treason is posted above.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

No, I saw it.
Where's the part about saying bad things about the president?

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join