It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says that Anti-America TV Networks Could Lose Their Broadcast License.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This is laughable. I'm sure he's going to just take away TV licenses from people because he doesn't like what they say. I guess he's trying to eliminate free speech and bring in nationalism. Hitler and Trump have quite a bit in common with this. And yeah, we all know he's not going to take away the license from FOX NEWS, the most lying bull# media company on the planet...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Wow, Republicans really f*cked the country with this one. Last president of theirs gave us 9/11, and unending war, and tanked the economy. And now, after almost a decade of soul searching they come back with a retarded dictator wannabe. Great job, Republicans. Really striving for excellence.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ichbu
Political commentary and opinions should be banned from all MSM networks. News should report facts, not opinion

Um.. says who.. you? How about we continue to allow free speech, and as a supposedly critically thinking adult, you can decide which news outlets to listen to (or none at all if that is your choice). That's sort of what this country was founded on you know.. freedom of choice. Including news outlets.

This wasn't even an issue until super-thin-skinned Trump took office. The dude has never been able to take even the mildest criticism without lashing out. From calling woman who dared insult him dogs and worse, to now being in office and calling out any news outlet that doesn't slather praise over him and kiss his feet. Pathetic how the rules change.. now that Trump's poor lil' feewins got hurted.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

if we let them stomp on the first amendment , then the 2nd will be next in line and so on and so on.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ichbu
Political commentary and opinions should be banned from all MSM networks. News should report facts, not opinion

Essentially then, you are saying people should not be allowed to express their opinions. You are taking this to another level, which is "thought police", worse than anything in our history. Are you an American? Because you certainly don't sound like one.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
All the news media has become a wreckless mess of fake stories and opinions pretending to tell facts.The news media is ruining the country.
With social media exploding like it has MSM thinks their opinions are facts.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Which part is the fakest part? Is it the part where they report what the president says? Or the part where they report what the FBI says? Or where they report findings of the Intelligence Community? Is it where they report what 97% of climate scientists have come to the consensus on?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You do realize you are posting this on ATS?

Choosing the ATS platform to cheer government crackdown on news outlets that don't conform to State Sponsored Messaging is like a black man cheering for the revival of the KKK.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Trump is an idiot and his supporters are sycophants who can't comprehend the damage this knucklehead is causing. He doesn't have the power to even accomplish what he's proposing without violating the 1st amendment.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Trump is an idiot and his supporters are sycophants who can't comprehend the damage this knucklehead is causing. He doesn't have the power to even accomplish what he's proposing without violating the 1st amendment.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
All the news media has become a wreckless mess of fake stories and opinions pretending to tell facts.The news media is ruining the country.
With social media exploding like it has MSM thinks their opinions are facts.

How is it ruining the country exactly? Can you link to all the fake stories? they need to be actually "fake".. not embellished, told with a biased slant etc.. but completely fraudulent. How many can you find?

Even if there were a slew of "fake" news stories (and there isn't.. you guys buy whatever tripe Trump feeds you), as thinking adults, don't you think most can differentiate between a "fake" or real story? Every single person I know can do so. And they can hit multiple new sources in under 10 minutes to get details from many sources, to make a determination for themselves.

So I really don't see how it is "ruining" the country. It in fact, seems pretty much the same as it always has. Except that there is more negative Trump crap.. and that is only there because Trump provides it on a daily basis. That doesn't mean it's fake you know.. it means Trump is a loud-mouthed buffoon who in his arrogance, manages to offend anyone who doesn't bow to the name Trump.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

We continue hearing what you're saying... while President Trump is scoring wins for the American people. Time for you to start focusing on 2018 and 2020.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: richapau

We continue hearing what you're saying... while President Trump is scoring wins for the American people. Time for you to start focusing on 2018 and 2020.

Im neither for nor against Trump. So, for someone who is agnostic on the matter, could you enumerate the wins he is scoring for the American people? Im curious.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: Phage

So your saying it's legal to Impeach the president based on fake news, that in fact trying to overthrow the President?

What's that even supposed to mean? The whole point of impeachment is to decide if the president did something wrong or not. They can't decide in advance what's fake, like Trump is attempting.

It's the president, not the pope, not infallible.

President Trump alleged on Thursday that the media is in an "all out" fight to take down his administration. It looks like they're trying to overthrow the president with fake news!

We need a tenfold increase in America's nuclear arsenal to take out fake news now!

edit on 56105631pm312017Thu, 12 Oct 2017 16:56:24 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
[

The problem will only ever be solved when the people start holding the media accountable.

They do.

It's called the free market.

When people turn off, networks change gear.

Much better than government control.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Justoneman

Didn't FOX News win a lawsuit where it fought for the right to knowingly lie on air?

Oooopsie! FAKE NEWS alert!
www.snopes.com...

So I guess they're fair and balanced after all! (They DID sue to chase down possession of that phrase, though)

Possible fake news was actually real news from FOX, but all the proven CNN/MSNBC lies are ok with you?

I rarely check out CNN or MSNBC, though I frequent Huffpo. I go to CBC for facts and Al Jazeera English for international nuance. The Intercept gives me investigative reporting. FOX gives me gas...but it explains your President in a most lurid fashion.

Great Lovitz skit...

Well somehow you have repeating the things we know were false that is why I 'assumed' you let the MSM get in your head. Not sure about CBC but Huffpo sure is BS leftist style to me. Just as Brietbart is righty BS to the leftist. Touche'!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: torok67

if we let them stomp on the first amendment , then the 2nd will be next in line and so on and so on.

And yet the media has been tripping over themselves to push restrictions on the 2nd Amendment rights of the rest of the American public in the last couple of weeks. I guess its OK as long as its not a right that they value.

That being said, I don't know what the FCC regulations are regarding accurate reporting, but I generally don't think the government should be in the business of shutting down media outlets.

edit on 12-10-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: neo96
[

The problem will only ever be solved when the people start holding the media accountable.

They do.

It's called the free market.

When people turn off, networks change gear.

Much better than government control.

No free market when theres an oligopoly and the oligarchs can finance networks at a loss to spread their propaganda.

Check different sources? Theres been videos showing over half a dozen reporters from different networks using democrat talking points.... oh but there's fox news... a lone channel filled with bs that also throws a jab or two at the president as they too are in the hand of special interests.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: FHomerK

You think Trump supporters capable of critical thinking? lol Bless your heart.

As a Paul supporter and Libertarian loaning my vote to the R party for now, i disagree. I do because many of us normal people do know after observing them, that the ones not handing critical thinking are the so called snow flakes of the left. They are clearly acting like lunatics during the "protests". Trump has a big mouth and I don't like the jabs he takes at times as I wouldn't say some of that even though it was true. But, so far he has been accurate, timely like a good comedian and has caused the lefties to be triggered. In so doing, he is making me want to break out the popcorn and soda's and settle in to watch them melt.

Oh the irony of how the lefties think they know what is best for others when they are proving to be mindless drones repeating the narrative talking points of fools and charlatans.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

President Trump alleged on Thursday that the media is in an "all out" fight to take down his administration. It looks like they're trying to overthrow the president with fake news!

So.. did Trump call out the story? Does he ever? You know.. so we can verify if he is full of it or not.

You DO realize he is talking about any story that presents him in a negative light.. right? That is his definition of "fake news."

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join