It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas Strip shooter prescribed anti-anxiety drug in June

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The problem with mixing Valium and alcohol is that they are both depressants that work on the CNS.

That is part of the adverse effects, so yes, that is a problem. But one doesn't rule out the other. It can be both, as a simple Google search shows. I'm still trying to track down specific clinical studies. And, no, even with clinical studies we don't know that's the case for Paddock's situation, but the potential is there.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: XxXAphroditeXxX

Why are you ignoring what I have told you about my experiences with DIAZEPAM?

First hand, I am a walking witness that DIAZEPAM can have a drastic effect on people. I already said that the doctor will not give it to me in anything other than small quantities four times a year, just for a few days because of my reaction to it. It is a medical fact on my record. It works wonders with me and that is why I use it. Yet there is a fine line.

Also, real coffee makes me go to sleep. The caffeine hit does not do the usual thing. I am not sure whether it is a cannabis/ caffeine joint reaction or my bipolar mind state that makes this so. Did you know that they give Ritalin to hyperactive kids to calm them down yet when we have gone through puberty it acts like an amphetamine? Chemicals are not some mechanical fix it for the human mind. There are far too many variables. It's not stable. How come MDMA can kill some people and some can take loads of it. How come, how come?

All you "experts" you are not being scientific. Ask an academic because they will tell you that chemicals can react in diverse ways. Some people can die by being exposed to hair dye. Black Henna Powder dye has killed people.

Not ignoring you. Simply giving my own viewpoints based on my own life's experiences. I agree with you on the things regarding brain chemistry being individual, reactions being different etc. Yes my mom actually had horrific reactions to hair dye. However, do paddocks records show that he was given diazepam only 4 times a year? No. So clearly he is more akin to the majority of people's reactions to diazepam rather than your unique case and unique reaction to it. The majority of people take it more frequently than that when prescribed and are sedated by it. His Dr wouldn't have prescribed it how he did if this wasn't the case.

Mdma not only causes severe dehydration which can quickly kill, it is also often cut with fentanyl especially lately. Which is quickly deadly. Not to mention cut with other drugs and the combinations and contents are unpredictable as it's a street drug. You can't compare diazepam to mdma or street drugs. Diazepam will always be only diazepam in the exact dosage is states because it's a regulated "clean" drug. Dirty street drugs are completely unpredictable and are a surprise mixed bag everywhere made of different things. I absolutely don't doubt your own personal experience with your body's reaction to diazepam etc though. Yes we're all different but like I said, the way it was prescribed to him by his Dr appears to rule out that he didn't react to it like the majority of people in which case like a sedative. Or his Dr wouldn't have kept prescribing it. His Dr probably titrated down his dosage on paddocks request but clearly that was the wrong thing to do because clearly he should've stayed more heavily sedated. My bet is that he was high on upper type drugs on Monday like meth or coc aine.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Let me rephrase that you could be right on some point

In Henderson where he was prescribed the drug it is rather hard to get diazepam due to it being a street drug hear

So they normally give you a ssri or some other Benzo ... they just dont give u that unless u ask

I know I can not get that script in this city for angzity unless I asked for it bye name

I say he knew exactly what he wanted and got it

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxXAphroditeXxX

originally posted by: xuenchen

Sure.

What if he took more than "prescribed" ?

What if he was drinking too ?

Geniuses are not always smart.

Surely he'd have passed out then and slept all night? I mean.. how do you stay awake drunk and on sedatives combined? Let alone continue to breathe in your sleep lol. Depresses breathing when you combine them. Not to mention how the hell do you have enough focus, stamina, energy, clarity and adrenaline to watch cameras, stay alert and do what he did? You'd need uppers in that scenario. Diazepam let alone combined with alcohol would make what he did impossible. His brain wouldn't even work fast enough to watch everything and stay as clear & alert as he would absolutely need to be to do what he did. As if he'd have even been able to focus his vision clearly enough to even shoot people. He'd have been lame and stupid with sedation at that point probably munching on some old dinner and then passing out. He sure as hell wouldn't have been able to carry out everything he did sedated like that. Let's be real here. This is one of the worst mass shootings in the US in modern history. 58 dead, 500+ injured. He sure as hell didn't do this drunk and on sedatives. However I sure as hell wouldn't be surprised if he was high on coc aine and upper type drugs. *That* I would believe.

There can be a terrible withdrawal from DIAZEPAM. The imbalance happens when you come off them. While you are on them everything is peachy. Withdrawal symptoms can be crazy. I have done some naughty stuff coming off them (only gentle though, just silly). Withdrawal chemical imbalance could give somebody a major psychosis and the edge to do something violent and crazy.

FACTS: We know psychiatric conditions can make people suicidal and violent. We know that psychiatric drugs alter our behaviour and thought processes.

With sedatives if you fight the sleepy patch a whole other world opens. Those who abuse them do not do so to go to sleep. They do so to get that other feeling. It is a feeling I like very much. My needs are herbal, but sometimes they are prescribed chemical. I build up to a crescendo and I can't eat and can't sleep. I abuse stuff and then I am at great risk of psychosis (which has happened to me a few times).

When I use DIAZEPAM I don't sleep all the time, just get a pattern of sleep again. I use them creatively and make music and enjoy being on a level with others. You can see how fast I am on this thread. It is exhausting. I don't sleep much either. The Diazepam just helps me get a sleeping pattern again and eat some food. It has a DRASTIC effect on me as I am here describing. I only take a fifth of Paddock's dosage, and only 9 of them. The doctor strictly limits my access. Honestly, I KNOW this guy could have been triggered this way. The more I remember the more I realise.

Really, as one very experienced with DIAZEPAM and having two people die on me because of prescription psychiatric drugs I KNOW what they can blooming do. Like I said about my friend, who was a learned University Lecturer jumped off a high cliff into the ocean one night, he had a history of prescription psychiatric drugs use. It was not usual for him to do anything so destructive. He had never behaved like that ever in his life.

My ex wife (who I love very much and we never quite parted; she loved me, but we could just not live together) died from prescription psychiatric drugs mixed with alcohol. She DIED; that's how much of an effect they had on her. All she did wrong was get sexually abused as a child. She was the grand niece of an English Lord (he was a good man, was not him who hurt her, but her mother's partner after a divorce). She was so bright and beautiful. Killed by a psychiatric condition not of her making (her emotional response and reaction to the sexual abuse mixed with a bipolar nature) mixed with alcohol and drugs.

I am writing all this because I care. I am passing on info to you so you can get a better grip on what is happening to you guys in your culture. You are worth it.

Remember this guy is not Mr Average. He must have been bright to be a multi millionaire and an accountant. Unfortunately, intelligence alone does not buy one a free meal ticket and easy ride through this life.

edit on 4-10-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Some case studies and scholarly papers from Benzo.org.uk: AGGRESSION, VIOLENCE & BENZODIAZEPINES

Aggression and violent behaviour: induced by prescribed benzodiazepine use is well documented and supported by strong anecdotal evidence.
Crime and benzodiazepines: Reports of a link between benzodiazepines and crime are growing. Reports from drug misuse agencies of benzodiazepines used specifically when committing crimes are described as "cloak of invisibility" or similar due to their behavioural effects.
34% of arrestees tested positive for benzodiazepines: A recent ADAM (Arrestee Drug Abuse Monitoring), pilot study monitoring drug use in arrestees in the Strathclyde and Fife areas of Scotland revealed high levels of benzodiazepines use (33%), second only to cannabis (52%). Alcohol: (32%), opiates: (31%) and methadone: (12%).
Prisons report increased aggression:
1975 – Canada
81% of inmates involved in aggressive incidents had taken diazepam (Valium) and 3.6 times as many acts of aggression occurred in inmates while on these drugs. Full Text
1978 – Utah A high level of riots, stabbings, cuttings, murders, self mutilation attempted suicide were attributed, at least in part to high consumption of benzodiazepines in a Utah State prison. Full Text
1995 – New South Wales, Australia Restriction of clonazepam (a benzodiazepine) prescription was implemented by the Corrections Health Service of New South Wales due to it causing emotionally reactive and aggressive behaviour with self-harm and suicide attempts in inmates. Full Text
1995 – Parkhurst, UK Tranquilliser prescription (mostly benzodiazepines) was reduced from 3.5kgs p.a. in 1990/91, to 0.15kgs in 1994/95. Correspondingly physical assaults by inmates on another person reduced from 5 in 1990 to 0 in 1995. Full Text

Much more at the link.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

Let me rephrase that you could be right on some point

In Henderson where he was prescribed the drug it is rather hard to get diazepam due to it being a street drug hear

So they normally give you a ssri or some other Benzo ... they just dont give u that unless u ask

I know I can not get that script in this city for angzity unless I asked for it bye name

I say he knew exactly what he wanted and got it

In Canada pretty much everyone knows what Valium is and it isn't that hard to get especially if the patient needs sedation. Of course he knew what Valium was. The signal to our answers is his Dr titrating down his dosage rather than titrating up. That's usually done either on request of the patient wanting to get off it slowly or by the Dr suggesting that. Regardless as we can see in paddocks case perhaps titrating down his sedative dosage may not have been the right thing to do. He didn't commit mass murder when his valium dosage was higher.

He was in Vegas. He was probly on sedatives, uppers and alcohol. At 64 who knows if his mental state was declining due to brain deterioration from probable lack of sleep and all the drugs, meds, alcohol combined with aging. Who knows. Only the authorities know and they're harming all of us by not giving us the answers we seek so we can understand how the hell this massacre happened. It would be like losing a loved one and not knowing or being told how and why. We may not personally know the victims but we're all one big human family at the end of the day no matter our political beliefs and I think we all just want answers on how our brothers and sisters were murdered and injured like this.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: XxXAphroditeXxX

originally posted by: xuenchen

Sure.

What if he took more than "prescribed" ?

What if he was drinking too ?

Geniuses are not always smart.

Surely he'd have passed out then and slept all night? I mean.. how do you stay awake drunk and on sedatives combined? Let alone continue to breathe in your sleep lol. Depresses breathing when you combine them. Not to mention how the hell do you have enough focus, stamina, energy, clarity and adrenaline to watch cameras, stay alert and do what he did? You'd need uppers in that scenario. Diazepam let alone combined with alcohol would make what he did impossible. His brain wouldn't even work fast enough to watch everything and stay as clear & alert as he would absolutely need to be to do what he did. As if he'd have even been able to focus his vision clearly enough to even shoot people. He'd have been lame and stupid with sedation at that point probably munching on some old dinner and then passing out. He sure as hell wouldn't have been able to carry out everything he did sedated like that. Let's be real here. This is one of the worst mass shootings in the US in modern history. 58 dead, 500+ injured. He sure as hell didn't do this drunk and on sedatives. However I sure as hell wouldn't be surprised if he was high on coc aine and upper type drugs. *That* I would believe.

There can be a terrible withdrawal from DIAZEPAM. The imbalance happens when you come off them. While you are on them everything is peachy. Withdrawal symptoms can be crazy. I have done some naughty stuff coming off them (only gentle though, just silly). Withdrawal chemical imbalance could give somebody a major psychosis and the edge to do something violent and crazy.

FACTS: We know psychiatric conditions can make people suicidal and violent. We know that psychiatric drugs alter our behaviour and thought processes.

With sedatives if you fight the sleepy patch a whole other world opens. Those who abuse them do not do so to go to sleep. They do so to get that other feeling. It is a feeling I like very much. My needs are herbal, but sometimes they are prescribed chemical. I build up to a crescendo and I can't eat and can't sleep. I abuse stuff and then I am at great risk of psychosis (which has happened to me a few times).

When I use DIAZEPAM I don't sleep all the time, just get a pattern of sleep again. I use them creatively and make music and enjoy being on a level with others. You can see how fast I am on this thread. It is exhausting. I don't sleep much either. The Diazepam just helps me get a sleeping pattern again and eat some food. It has a DRASTIC effect on me as I am here describing. I only take a fifth of Paddock's dosage, and only 9 of them. The doctor strictly limits my access. Honestly, I KNOW this guy could have been triggered this way. The more I remember the more I realise.

Really, as one very experienced with DIAZEPAM and having two people die on me because of prescription psychiatric drugs I KNOW what they can blooming do. Like I said about my friend, who was a learned University Lecturer jumped off a high cliff into the ocean one night, he had a history of prescription psychiatric drugs use. It was not usual for him to do anything so destructive. He had never behaved like that ever in his life.

My ex wife (who I love very much and we never quite parted; she loved me, but we could just not live together) died from prescription psychiatric drugs mixed with alcohol. She DIED; that's how much of an effect they had on her. All she did wrong was get sexually abused as a child. She was the grand niece of an English Lord (he was a good man, was not him who hurt her, but her mother's partner after a divorce). She was so bright and beautiful. Killed by a psychiatric condition not of her making (her emotional response and reaction to the sexual abuse mixed with a bipolar nature) mixed with alcohol and drugs.

I am writing all this because I care. I am passing on info to you so you can get a better grip on what is happening to you guys in your culture. You are worth it.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Believe me I understand how horrible drugs of all kinds can be. For example we currently have an epidemic of people dying from fentanyl laced drugs in Canada. I've seen a lot regarding drugs in my life. Prescription and street drugs. Though I don't forget those who were also helped by prescription drugs at times. Even despite prescription antidepressants as a teenager almost costing me my life! I'm always somewhere in the middle with my opinions on everything as I know there's a myriad of different experiences and always keep an open mind to all.

I'm glad you're a gentle person, friend. The world needs gentle people these days more than ever.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

My sympathies for your ex-wife. That is so very sad.

And thank you for sharing your experiences. It can't be easy. I appreciate it and I'm sure many others do as well.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Oh yes if u want it hear u can I say hard to get as in

The pill mill offices hear don't hand them out like candy ... that's where most insurance will get you
And u won't get a script for them at the free clinic ether

But if u pay for the ones that don't take insurance have a nice office in the better areas of town well they will give u whatever u want within reason

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: intrptr

Anxiety is your brains inability to keep fears in perspective and not become irrational.

The fear becomes so intense that it triggers fight or flight mechanisms. And those trigger adrenaline.

That adrenaline often becomes intense anger. Especially someone feels they cannot fly away and escape.

So many misconceptions. It's just easier to blame the boogeyman of mental illness, isn't it?

One of the 'biggest misconceptions' is that anger is sudden, seemingly from nowhere. That is the easiest thing to conclude because it is sudden, an outburst. More like a straw that broke the camels back, one's anger runneth over , because the cup is full up from a lifetime of burying resentment.

Many people never receive the coping skills to deal with life; rejection, peer pressure, teasing, which wind up causing traumas that get 'buried' and never dealt with. This kind of thing builds up over time, one little trauma at a time , until one day...

Prior to that day the 'anxiety' , nervousness, angry outbursts steadily grow, it becomes noticed, even 'treated' (if you can call drugs and or alcohol treatment), but its already too late.

Suppressing the problem will not make the underlying cause go away. Medicating the anger helps for a while, but whenever the meds stop the anger is still there, waiting to explode.

what happened in Vegas is an extreme case of this kind of disfunction but similar to man others in recent US history.

Edit: What you are describing is different; fight or flight response reaction to perceived danger, release of adrenaline, and 'fighting' (mass murder) is not what caused this guy to plan this far in advance. He had a deep seated anger, probably blamed the world for his problems, decided to take as many with him as possible.

Unless you can convince me he bought all those guns in the last three months since he was prescribed the medication...

It is your misconception that blames a lifetime of dysfunctional behavior on Big Pharma.
edit on 4-10-2017 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

(Benadryl) Marketed as a sleep aid and then they're like "warning, may cause restlessness, insomnia, anxiety"

If taken in large doses.

Any former meth addict will tell you those are all the symptoms of a 'drug run'; days on end of abuse can cause all those symptoms you linked.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt that the over prescribing of SSRIs as well as anti-anxiety meds in America is intentional and part and parcel of a bigger agenda.

Sure, it puts lots of $$$$ in Big Pharma pockets.

But, especially since 1999, the percentage of Americans on these drugs has doubled. Is there a long-term plan underway to reduce the number of people allowed to purchase guns?

Is there going to be a new question on the backround check: Have you or anyone in your household ever been prescribed medications for depression, anxiety, panic attacks, or any other psychotropic drug?

It could also be part of the "plan" in the move to put more and more children on Ritalin or Adderall. What do you bet that eventually, children that have been prescribed these ADD and ADHD drugs will never be allowed to own a gun when they reach adulthood.
edit on 4-10-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

All excellent points -- thank you for making them!

I have no doubt that is a very big reason why many refuse to address the problems. This is one of those times when there are soooooo many ways to abuse and exploit the situation, that many will do what they do (or don't do) for their own reasons (agenda and/or profit), but the end result is the same -- NO ONE with the knowledge and power to do so has a vested interest in fixing the problem.

And anyone who tries is quickly attacked, then declared "debunked", and basically discredited and demonized... and too often, I'm afraid, prosecuted and persecuted for questionable "crimes".

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Benzos can cause some weird side effects in some people. Especially if the diagnosis of what is causing the symptoms is wrong. I do not like the feel of Valium like meds, I don't like valarian root option for treating my epilepsy either. Weird doom and gloom feeling. I was on one of the Benzos for my epilepsy, I only did that a few months and she changed it because of side effects.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yup.

Many OTC drugs like Benadryl have bad side effects.

And the "prescription" drugs are worse.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hmm, this is not surprising, most of the shooters are on something..stands to reason.
Cause and effect..I don't know.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
While it is not a small dose of diazepam, it is by no means unheard of. I have plenty of patients on 10 mg three or even 4 times a day. Tolerance is high with this type of medication, just like pain meds.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
All I see is grasping at straws in this thread, trying to make a connection somehow between valium and a violent lunatic. While I believe there is much more to this case than we are being told, a Valium- psychotic killer connection isn't one of them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join