It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guitarist who played in Las Vegas changes views on gun control

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: muzzleflash

We need to lift restrictions,

That is what shall not be infringed means.

That is what deny and disparage means.

That is what the RIGHT to life LIBERTY and the pursuit of happiness means.

That is what is suppose to happen in a Republic.

Where NO PERSON shall be held answerable to a capital or otherwise infamous crime.

So many people are wiping their derrieres with that piece of paper.

Because the people in charge are disconnected from reality. They are under the assumption that they are listened to and they are equal to gods.

They made laws about hard drugs, but they are still easily attainable.

They made laws about murder, it still goes on daily.

They made laws about scamming people, stealing, etc. Still goes on every day.

How does making more laws or tougher laws fix this? Simply, they don't.

The government, officials, and people, in general, don't comprehend that the world is not a safe place, and people don't always do what they are supposed to, and even some go out of their way to do harm. It is the nature of the world, and no amount of laws or pieces of paper will stop someone bent on destruction.

Restraining orders are perfect examples of this.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Kill the pigs!

I can understand your point, I guess. What do you do with 100 dead pigs?

BBQ?

I'm sorry. That was bad. I know.

Actually, I wondered the same thing! And didn't like any of the pictures in my head

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

They don't care.

All they want to do is put lipstick on a pig and pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

Knowing full well it won't do anything at all.

Except put people out of work, and make more victims.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So teaching gun safety to kids is an idiotic idea?

So instead when they pick up a gun and think of it as a toy and shoot another kid, when at least an attempt could have been made at educating them on the dangers of a gun, gun safety in schools is an idiotic idea?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

IT's a violation of almost the entire bill of rights, and the 14th.

Are their free speech safety classes ?

Are their voting safety classes ?

No.

People wouldn't stand for it, and no one should be pushing conditional rights.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It's not the gun laws that need to be addressed, and I would argue Americans shouldn't take their freedoms for granted. It is the general moral vacuity throughout culture that will lead a person kill others.

Violence and crime is at an all time low. Mass shootings are on the rise. "Moral vacuity" likely isn't the simple answer you think it is.

I'm no constitutional scholar, but the right to own guns has been around long before the rise in mass shootings. There is no correlation.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Maybe because you have a flawed concept of what making something illegal is supposed to be for. It isn't to "fix" a problem. There is no fix outside of willful change by every person in the country. Things are made illegal as a deterrent to coax people on the fence not to do that action. Not to prevent the true criminals from doing crimes. Those people need other types of help or attention.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

It's not the gun laws that need to be addressed, and I would argue Americans shouldn't take their freedoms for granted. It is the general moral vacuity throughout culture that will lead a person kill others.

Violence and crime is at an all time low. Mass shootings are on the rise. "Moral vacuity" likely isn't the simple answer you think it is.

I'm no constitutional scholar, but the right to own guns has been around long before the rise in mass shootings. There is no correlation.

I'm no English major, but I don't remember making a correlation between owning guns and a rise in mass shootings. In fact, I said I didn't know why mass shootings were on the rise when someone asked me.
edit on 3-10-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
Ok, all I learned from this thread, is pigs. Americans need guns for gangs of pigs.

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Shamrock6

When do you need badly need an AR?

When I want to go out out to the range a shoot an AR. WHen I want to take an AR out into the field to hunt. When I want to have an AR handy in case someone decides to break into my home. When I am exercising my uninfringed rights.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
How is it a violation of anyone's rights to teach gun safety?

Note that I didn't state that it would be a requirement for gun ownership.

Classes on free speech and voting are commonly called Civics and Government classes. Where they're still taught. It's a shame more don't pay attention.

I'm not stumping for any sort of "conditional rights", just education and safety.

How could any reasonable person disagree with that?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Sticks and stones around a lot longer.

I think it's a tie between them and the edged blade with the most blood on them throughout human history.

That is of course for those that want to blame objects for the actions of people.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Ok, all I learned from this thread, is pigs. Americans need guns for gangs of pigs.

Yes, the rise of the pig gangs has been a problem. We have had to increase BBQ sauce and cole-slaw production as a result. Pass the baked beans?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

How bout stop taking people for complete idiots ?

Everyone knows what a gun does.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen

Note that I didn't state that it would be a requirement for gun ownership.

Classes on free speech and voting are commonly called Civics and Government classes. Where they're still taught. It's a shame more don't pay attention.

I'm not stumping for any sort of "conditional rights", just education and safety.

How could any reasonable person disagree with that?

People are free to take a safety class at anytime that want.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

That's a you problem then.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not to prevent the true criminals from doing crimes. Those people need other types of help or attention.

If this is what you believe why put more regulation on law abiding citizens?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They don't care.

All they want to do is put lipstick on a pig and pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

Knowing full well it won't do anything at all.

Except put people out of work, and make more victims.

Big government can't survive without everyone relying on them, paying into the system for sub-par quality returns and nanny-care.

It's rather insane, but that particular side of the political spectrum likes their nanny-state, and can't handle thinking for themselves.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yeah. that's why no one EVER accidentally kills themselves or someone else with a gun. Right? Oh wait...

Accidental gun deaths occur mainly in those under 25 years old. Over 1,300 victims of unintentional shootings for the period 2005–2010 were under 25 years of age. Adolescents are particularly susceptible to accidental shootings due to specific behavioral characteristics associated with adolescence, such as impulsivity, feelings of invincibility, and curiosity about firearms.

Man. It's almost like children DON'T fully know how guns work after all and could use some guidance for their safety, but that is an invasion of rights to neo. Let the kid blow his head off, right? It's better that your rights are preserved and you don't have to sit through a boring instructional class.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Ask the average person how to properly load and unload a firearm. Then ask them the four basic gun saefty rules. You'll be surprised how few know.

Then ask the average child. I bet almost none of them know.

People are indeed free to take a safety class. But once again, how is it a bad thing to teach children gun safety along with their ABC's. They'd even be free to ignore the information if they wanted to. You don't even need a test, just provide the information.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join