It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guitarist who played in Las Vegas changes views on gun control

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not to prevent the true criminals from doing crimes. Those people need other types of help or attention.

If this is what you believe why put more regulation on law abiding citizens?

I dunno. Why did you take my post out of context, where I was describing what a deterrent is? Maybe go back and put my whole post together and you'll get an answer to your question here.

link   
The gun control argument seems to ignore a very basic fact here ... fundamental.

Americans like and want guns. Some of us want dozens of them, all sizes, shapes, capabilities, etc.

The US is one of three current countries in the world that have the right to carry protected in our Constitutions.

It is exactly the same level of right as free speech, freedom of religion, freedom of the press, right to jury trial, habeas corpus, due process, equal rights, etc.

Which of these would it be okay to do away with next, after you're done with the right to carry?

link   

Yeah. that's why no one EVER accidentally kills themselves or someone else with a gun. Right? Oh wait..

Ain't that already against the LAW ?

Oh wait.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Gun safety classes will keep someone from using a fire arm to kill people?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: neo96

Yeah. that's why no one EVER accidentally kills themselves or someone else with a gun. Right? Oh wait...

Accidental gun deaths occur mainly in those under 25 years old. Over 1,300 victims of unintentional shootings for the period 2005–2010 were under 25 years of age. Adolescents are particularly susceptible to accidental shootings due to specific behavioral characteristics associated with adolescence, such as impulsivity, feelings of invincibility, and curiosity about firearms.

Man. It's almost like children DON'T fully know how guns work after all and could use some guidance for their safety, but that is an invasion of rights to neo. Let the kid blow his head off, right? It's better that your rights are preserved and you don't have to sit through a boring instructional class.

Accidents happen, it's life.

Plenty of professionals have had accidents.

You just want tougher laws that only screw over law abiding citizens.

link   

Maybe because you have a flawed concept of what making something illegal is supposed to be for. It isn't to "fix" a problem. There is no fix outside of willful change by every person in the country. Things are made illegal as a deterrent to coax people on the fence not to do that action. Not to prevent the true criminals from doing crimes. Those people need other types of help or attention.

How does one "deter" someone who already abides by the law?

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yeah. that's why no one EVER accidentally kills themselves or someone else with a gun. Right? Oh wait..

Ain't that already against the LAW ?

Oh wait.

Slow down and think about the implications of what you just said there neo. What good does making accidental shootings against the law do? The person is still dead, if they killed them self then how exactly do we punish them for the law?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This guitarist is a nobody, even if he was Paul McCartney it wouldn’t matter.

Regarding this issue, the only way it’s going to change is important congress people change, not obscure musicians.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Kill the pigs!

I can understand your point, I guess. What do you do with 100 dead pigs?

BBQ and jerky@

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

No, but it's a step towards demystifying guns, taking away the "cool" factor, as well as teaching proper handling and storage of a potentially dangerous object.

It's to attempt to prevent accidentally death and injury.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Because not everyone is a super straight edge person. Some people are closer to doing bad than others and they only thing keeping them from acting on it is the law. I mean, I'd be all for a better solution than using the police to enforce morality, but there aren't any and conservatives aren't open to prison reform.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

What good does making accidental shootings against the law do?

Accidental shooting is a topic why now ?

Nothing Paddock did was an accident.

Shame he didn't accidentally off himself before killing 59 others.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Gun safety classes will keep someone from using a fire arm to kill people?

Liberal logic for ya.

Devoid of anything resembling it.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

a reply to: cynicalheathen

I for one think that gun safety classes in school are a great idea.

It's an idiotic idea.

Ten years before I started school, many schools in the northern part of this state had an indoor range- firearm safety was an optional but encouraged class, and during hunting season it was very common for highschool students to have rifles mounted in the rear cab windows of their pickup trucks.

Never once heard of an incident in these parts- and if you stay outside the city, most anyone around could pick up a rifle and know how to safely use it.

Some fourty years later, we've got adults who not only have never held a firearm, but are downright afraid to touch one- afraid to learn how to safely use one.

Scardy-culture has taken over. So sad.

I would be all for firearm safety being part of school- starting right around 4th grade with hands off, moving to hands-on by 7th grade.
I think a LOT of people would have a firmer grasp on the reality of what firearms are and what they do if they were only exposed to them in an educational light instead of a MSM fearmongering light.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: starwarsisreal

What the hell does a DUI have to do with firearms?

That's saying everyone who ever goes out to the bar deserves no firearms rights.

Does everyone who goes to a bar habitually drive drunk?

Can habitually drunk people can handle guns safely?

We're not talking about Joe Blow who goes down to the bar occasionally.

We're talking about a track-record of irresponsibility.

I drink, though I don't drink and drive. I also don't touch guns when I've been drinking.

Does everyone that goes to the bar habitually only have two beers and then go straight home?

NOPE!

Do drunk people habitually pull out guns?

NOPE!

And that argument goes nowhere because its the same as saying that people who get drunk should have their cars taken away period, and probably a bunch of other stuff they might hurt themselves with.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Do drunk people habitually pull out guns?

Not sure of the habitually, but visit a "deer camp".

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

a reply to: neo96

Yeah. that's why no one EVER accidentally kills themselves or someone else with a gun. Right? Oh wait...

Accidental gun deaths occur mainly in those under 25 years old. Over 1,300 victims of unintentional shootings for the period 2005–2010 were under 25 years of age. Adolescents are particularly susceptible to accidental shootings due to specific behavioral characteristics associated with adolescence, such as impulsivity, feelings of invincibility, and curiosity about firearms.

Man. It's almost like children DON'T fully know how guns work after all and could use some guidance for their safety, but that is an invasion of rights to neo. Let the kid blow his head off, right? It's better that your rights are preserved and you don't have to sit through a boring instructional class.

Accidents happen, it's life.

Plenty of professionals have had accidents.

You just want tougher laws that only screw over law abiding citizens.

I'm speechless at the callousness of this post. I hope no one you ever know accidentally shoots themselves or someone else with this attitude you have. You DO know accidents can be minimized with education right?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Because not everyone is a super straight edge person. Some people are closer to doing bad than others and they only thing keeping them from acting on it is the law. I mean, I'd be all for a better solution than using the police to enforce morality, but there aren't any and conservatives aren't open to prison reform.

So if it will not prevent criminals from breaking the law; all that will be done is to deny law abiding citizens their constitutional rights?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

What good does making accidental shootings against the law do?

Accidental shooting is a topic why now ?

Nothing Paddock did was an accident.

Shame he didn't accidentally off himself before killing 59 others.

Because that was the direction the conversation I was having took. I can't help it if you don't bother to read my posts and stick your foot in your mouth. Though it is one of the reasons I don't like posting in these threads to begin with. You are just proving that you aren't interested in my argument like I originally assumed.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

a reply to: cynicalheathen

How is it a violation of anyone's rights to teach gun safety?

How bout stop taking people for complete idiots ?

Everyone knows what a gun does.

You may be asinine enough to throw a gun at somebody who's never handled one before and expect great things to happen, but just about anybody with any shred of critical thinking, reason, and knowledge of firearms would likely have the opinion that teaching somebody how to use a firearm correctly is a good idea.

Should a firearms safety class be a requirement to own a gun? Irrelevant, since your comment utterly dismisses that out of hand on the grounds that "everybody knows what guns do." I know what planes do, and have a basic understanding of the physics involved in what makes them do what they do. That in no way, shape, or form means I should be allowed to sit in the cockpit of a 737 and told "hey you know what planes do, have fun!"

This is, without a doubt, one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen on ATS. Considering the source, that's taking it to a new level.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join