It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guitarist who played in Las Vegas changes views on gun control

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I read that red herring.

So I do actually read that crap.

Accidental shooting had NOTHING to do with Mandalay or idiotic guitarists.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Shamrock6

When do you need badly need an AR?

When I want to go out out to the range a shoot an AR. WHen I want to take an AR out into the field to hunt. When I want to have an AR handy in case someone decides to break into my home. When I am exercising my uninfringed rights.

I'll be coming into possession of an AR dressed like the American flag this weekend.

Don't need it, but it's my right.

Come and take it!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

When do you need badly need an AR?

Why do you post here?

Is it because you want to?

No need turns into a reality without first becoming a want.

If you have ants in your home you need a method to exterminate. Then you either have already or will WANT to call an exterminator.

You posit an unnecessary question.
The better question would be why do you not want law-abiding citizens to have AR's?

Do you have a NEED for it? Or is it just a want?

America has weathered this storm before and it will again.

You're not taking our guns. No matter what.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You may be asinine enough to throw a gun at somebody who's never handled one before and expect great things to happen, but just about anybody with any shred of critical thinking, reason, and knowledge of firearms would likely have the opinion that teaching somebody how to use a firearm correctly is a good idea.

May be ?

Speaking of asinine throwing things..

Should a firearms safety class be a requirement to own a gun? Irrelevant, since your comment utterly dismisses that out of hand on the grounds that "everybody knows what guns do." I know what planes do, and have a basic understanding of the physics involved in what makes them do what they do. That in no way, shape, or form means I should be allowed to sit in the cockpit of a 737 and told "hey you know what planes do, have fun!"

LOL wow.

That's a hell of a false equivalence.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Gun nut? No but I am Nuts about protecting my family. I’m a rancher and it’s at best a 30 minute response time for the Sheriff dept to my ranch. That means if the dogs are barking wildly at night or the horses are making a fess it’s up to me to see what’s wrong. Maybe coyotes, maybe a cat or another predator. Could be bad guys either passing through the area or looking to rob (or worse) us.

I go to my gun cabinet and pickup up my AR 15 with a 30 round clip and investigate. Why the AR? If I don’t know what I’m facing it’s the best choice for firepower against man or beast.

So I’m very sorry but I don’t need to have a conversation about gun control. My gun control is excellent btw.
edit on 3-10-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It's his right and I'm more inclined to listen to him then some politician who has no experience with gun violence.

We should be having a discussion about it. Event's like this are the catalyst for discussion. It would be nice if we would have a discussion about mental health as well. I think that's even more relevant. No one that commits a mass murder is mentally competent. There are issues that we should be addressing otherwise, it's a ticking time bomb until some other mentally unhinged person does it again.

We should also use this gun argument/discussion we're having now to bring in other areas like gun violence in Chicago and why they have more murders there than in New York city. etc.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

edit on 3-10-2017 by whywhynot because: Sorry double post

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Jefferton
Ok, all I learned from this thread, is pigs. Americans need guns for gangs of pigs.

That's a you problem then.

It's called a joke. Not having a sense of humor, is a you problem.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisssDoes everyone that goes to the bar habitually only have two beers and then go straight home?

NOPE!

Then they are committing a crime if they drive drunk, as well as displaying poor judgement.

Do drunk people habitually pull out guns?

NOPE!

Happens more often than you think.

And that argument goes nowhere because its the same as saying that people who get drunk should have their cars taken away period, and probably a bunch of other stuff they might hurt themselves with.

In my state, DUI is punished rather harshly. A breathalizer interlock on the ignition, suspended driver's license, possibly revoked driver's license.

On the 4th offense it moves to a felony and prison time. If caught driving while revoked for DUI, the language of the law states that the LEO shall impound the vehicle. AL 32-6-19.

As stated earlier in the thread, AL has laws to deal with habitual drunkards and guns. See 13A-11-72 and 13A-11-76.

The state isn't concerned as much with you hurting yourself as a result of irresponsibility. It's more concerned with trying to prevent you from hurting others via it.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Did that ar come from Fast and Furious or arms shipments to Syria ?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I'm no English major, but I don't remember making a correlation between owning guns and a rise in mass shootings. In fact, I said I didn't know why mass shootings were on the rise when someone asked me.

Maybe you're no English speaker either, because I didn't say that you did. I'm just pointing out that if we are to get at the root cause of mass shootings, mass killings in general, talking about gun regulation will do very little.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Some people are getting a wake up call about about guns in the wake of the recent Vegas shootings.

A guitarist who played during the Las Vegas music festival where the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history took place Sunday night said he was “wrong” about his support for the Second Amendment.

Caleb Keeter, guitarist for the Josh Abbott Band, said on Twitter Monday he’s been a supporter of the Second Amendment for his “entire life.”

“Until the events of last night,” Keeter said. “I cannot express how wrong I was. We actually have members of our crew with [concealed handgun licenses], and legal firearms on the bus. They were useless.”

thehill.com...

Let the statement above sink in for a moment.

These mass shootings are occurring more frequently with each event becoming worse and worse. Not too long before this one we had Virginia which made held the former record. Conneticut? California? It never ends. The Trump administration and others argue that now's the time not to have a debate on gun violence. Now IS THE TIME to have that debate. If not now, there will never be that time. Gun nuts want to sweep this issue under the rug but it's not going away. Caleb has woken up and over time more will wake up. Something needs to be done.

Hiding behind the founders and the 2nd amendment, back to a time where guns were a fraction responsive to your standard hand gun today, isn't going to do it anymore.

Hiding behind the argument that guns are the only answer against other guns isn't going to do it anymore.

By far the worst in the developing world. The UK, Germany, Japan and Australia see nothing in comparison to this mess. Want to talk about bigger populations? India, China? How do the stats compare for mass civilian shootings? We look terrible against them in terms on gun violence.

You know what I found funny as well? That the Trump administration had the nerve to argue that now's not the time to debate gun violence, it's the time to grieve and respond. Yet Trump never bothered to do this for Puerto Rico. Right after the hurricane, the 'lazy' talk comes out.

Like it or not. The push for gun control is not going away.

So no guns will make people happy and peacefull all the sudden, and people wont go crazy if there is no guns?? Sounds like magic to me... Lets not talk about the root of the problem, like WHAT makes a guy go crazy like this, maybe it is a sickness in our culture, maybe, just maybe, it is something else than the gun, that makes people go crazy, and maybe it would be a good idea to look into that cause, to find solutions? ..just maybe

Because "Take away a mans gun, and he wont stab you" sounds like a terrible safety advise to me...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Actually, I would argue it is illogical to dismiss an idea because it "won't make a difference" in one singular type of event out of a very general concept.

Really, I don't even understand why having gun classes alongside woodworking and auto shop are particularly liberal concepts. In the modern social group, it would seem completely at odds with the gun-grabber ethos. Truthfully, I can't see why anyone on the right, or a supporter of the 2nd, would be against the idea at all.

Personally, I would have loved a "gun shop" after wood shop or auto shop. That said, even the latter are beginning to disappear from schools, sadly.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: six67seven

Did that ar come from Fast and Furious or arms shipments to Syria ?

Yep, Straight from Eric Holder himself.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Part of it is our divisive media. MSNBC and FOX News are the two worst examples of propaganda tools used to divide us.

Remember that as long as we see it as Right against left or Liberal against Conservative we'll never be Americans Against a Corrupt political System.

When someone is mentally unhinged to begin with and unstable, our media can cause them to snap. They begin to believe everything they hear Rachel Maddow or Sean Hannity say. The rest of us can see those buffons for what they are, mouth pieces that get paid to spout an agenda who don't really care about us one way or anther as long as they get paid,

But for people like the shooter in Vegas, they take it as cold hard truth. That's the danger.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

May be ?

Are?

Speaking of asinine throwing things..

Do you even English?

That's a hell of a false equivalence.

The better fallacy would be when you claimed that teaching kids firearms safety courses was a violation of the Bill of Rights.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Remember that as long as we see it as Right against left or Liberal against Conservative we'll never be Americans Against a Corrupt political System.

And yet the founding fathers with prophetic vision gave us a means to defend ourselves from that corrupt political system.

Back to 'gunz is bad'.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

And yet the founding fathers with prophetic vision gave us a means to defend ourselves from that corrupt political system.

Back to 'gunz is bad'.

But yet we don't do anything about it. Guns isn't the issue. It's the news we watch on TV. Trust me.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Back to 'gunz is bad'.

But yet we don't do anything about it. Guns isn't the issue. It's the news we watch on TV. Trust me.

After watching the last 9 years.

We are close to the breaking point.

CLOSE.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I'm speechless at the callousness of this post.

You'll get over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join