It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guitarist who played in Las Vegas changes views on gun control

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
God-Given Right Muther#er.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

They got what they wanted under CLinton with the AWB.

Columbine happened anyway.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No rights have been removed though. Again. Gun ownership is at an all time high in this country. For as much complaining that goes on about imminent gun confiscation from the right, we have never been further from realizing that alleged goal. It's absurd how this can still be a valid argument.

No rights have been removed?!?

Thats good to know. I've been wanting a Thompson submachine gun for the longest. And all those added taxes for purchasing a firearm...they will be waived now.

Interstate gun sales are no longer regulated i guess. We can ignore the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Potheads can now own guns, i guess. That is good...all those folks in Colorado, Oregon, Alaska, etc that have owned firearms unlawfully can breathe a sigh of relief. In fact, the Brady Bill alone is enough erosion to make me want to punch a kitten.

LOL, my rights haven't been taken away. Thats a good one.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Thats good to know. I've been wanting a Thompson submachine gun for the longest. And all those added taxes for purchasing a firearm...they will be waived now.

Shame we didn't live in the era where we could have picked one up at the local hardware store.

And run over to the next aisle and buy some dynamite.

But hey rights haven't been taken away

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Shame we didn't live in the era where we could have picked one up at the local hardware store.

And run over to the next aisle and buy some dynamite.

But hey rights haven't been taken away

And we could do crazy science experiments in our backyards, and not have swat and bomb squad show up because someone heard an explosion.

Fun times, long past.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
Then they are committing a crime if they drive drunk, as well as displaying poor judgement.

And yet its going on something like millions of club bar people out every weekend alone.

In my state, DUI is punished rather harshly. A breathalizer interlock on the ignition, suspended driver's license, possibly revoked driver's license.

Yeah, and? A lot of states hand out felonies for DUI. Felony means no guns. But this logic here I'm calling into question, its the same as saying people that get drunk nope of them deserve to own a gun. Because lets face it, people get "drunk" by road standards all the time. Road standards which by the way is like 3 beers instead of only 2 within what an hours or two. THREE BEERS AINT DRUNK! And most the time people are over this limit they drive just fine nothing happens. But hell dude didn't realize he had .001 more than the legal limit when he got pulled over so there it is he's a MENACE to society needs to have his guns and knives and baseball equipment taken away because he might go on a rampage. This kind of logic at its logical climax... note that people with enough training and of body building could technically have them in a position where their hands are legally considered lethal weapons. So following this MADD gone antifa overboard endgame hell people who had one too many one time they'll end up breaking the law if they go to the dojo too many days a week.

edit on 3-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Potheads owned guns responsibly in Colorado before pot was even legal.

The difference is people in Texas actually shoot each other.

Being against laws, and against THE law aren't the same thing.

I drive without a licence. What's your opinion of that? Pure criminal because I don't conform to a national establishments rules? I'll be the first to tell you it has nothing to do with driving ability, the last cop I interacted with complimented and praised my procedural knowledge of a traffic stop, and then award me no ticket for not having a licence.

Our local Government reins supreme in all regards, and the Right trying to take it over recently with Trump is going to go as well as when the Left did with Obama. I remember when weed was still illegal, being so thankful I lived in Colorado, as each cop would try to find amendable solutions themselves to finding you with weed, like telling you to 'go inside'. The pigs in most the rest of the nation are looking to fill a quota, and more illegal things means LESS work to them as they can just grab the first people they see.

For a place that there are a ton of illegal weapons, I'd like to see how fast it takes to get a Gun in Colorado without being a native, verses getting a gun in Texas with a handful of cash.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Shamrock6

When do you need badly need an AR?

Maybe not an AR, but a sniper rifle with scope in a case like this could have saved lives.

That being said, I completely realize the impracticality (and potential danger) of citizens carrying sniper rifles.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Guns and gun culture have to be demystified in this country.

I can believe that training with firearms, personal combat, basic defense and strategic awareness should be as much a part of training young people as reading, writing, calculation, critical thinking, health and fitness, basic economics, etc.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisssAnd yet its going on something like millions of club bar people out every weekend alone.

DUI is a very underrated crime. I believe the stat is that a person gets away with it 9 out of 10 times or so.

Yeah, and? A lot of states hand out felonies for DUI. Felony means no guns. But this logic here I'm calling into question, its the same as saying people that get drunk nope of them deserve to own a gun. Because lets face it, people get "drunk" by road standards all the time. Road standards which by the way is like 3 beers instead of only 2 within what an hours or two. THREE BEERS AINT DRUNK! And most the time people are over this limit they drive just fine nothing happens. But hell dude didn't realize he had .001 more than the legal limit when he got pulled over so there it is he's a MENACE to society needs to have his guns and knives and baseball equipment taken away because he might go on a rampage. This kind of logic at its logical climax... note that people with enough training and of body building could technically have them in a position where their hands are legally considered lethal weapons. So following this MADD gone antifa overboard endgame hell people who had one too many one time they'll end up breaking the law if they go to the dojo too many days a week.

I was referring to habitual drunks, i.e. ones who have been caught, tried, convicted multiple times and who refuse to get help for their disease. In other words, all options have been exhausted and the person has displayed an unwillingness to change and that they are irresponsible.

I have lost family members to DUIs and alcoholism, as well as had to see the scene of a wreck right after it occurred where a DUI father had killed his daughter as a result of his actions.

People who are habitually drunk display an indifference to human life or just poor judgment. They are a danger to themselves and others.

Ask yourself if you would allow your child near such a person, whether it be for a ride in the car or with a gun around.

The problem with the "rights" hardliners is that they forget the "responsibility" part.
edit on 10-3-2017 by cynicalheathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

A wake up call?... really? Is that Why Mexico which has strict gun control is so violent?... Is that why Venezuela even though the Chavista government introduced strict gun control is the most violent country in the world?...

Gun control only disarms the law abiding. Criminals, even rich criminals don't abide by the law...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I agree very much with this. There are schools in my area that still have firing ranges in the basement, and up until the 80's they used to teach students how to responsibly handle firearms. Nobody got shot in these schools, not like today.

I will admit, that this mysticism you describe is more like a fetish. The more the government cracks down with gun control and tries to take away peoples firearms, the more people become afraid of losing their rights, and the more firearms people are going to buy.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

“Until the events of last night,” Keeter said. “I cannot express how wrong I was. We actually have members of our crew with [concealed handgun licenses], and legal firearms on the bus. They were useless.”

Well yeah, what're they gonna do, blindly shoot upwards into an occupied building at night at someone they can't see with a handgun not meant for accurately hitting anything at near that range?
There's a huge difference between defending yourself against someone who took up a tactical position with several assault rifles and being able to defend yourself in your home against the many home invasions that happen on a regular basis.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Gryphon66

I agree very much with this. There are schools in my area that still have firing ranges in the basement, and up until the 80's they used to teach students how to responsibly handle firearms. Nobody got shot in these schools, not like today.

I will admit, that this mysticism you describe is more like a fetish. The more the government cracks down with gun control and tries to take away peoples firearms, the more people become afraid of losing their rights, and the more firearms people are going to buy.

Mysticism? LOL. Didn't get that for a minute.

I truly believe that for some people, guns are simply ... mysterious. They've never shot one personally. They don't understand the proper uses. They don't understand fundamental differences between power, caliber, range, kick-back, etc.

The Second Amendment is not going away, and it shouldn't. If we believe in our Constitution, we believe in all of it.

This massacre in Las Vegas made it clear; gun control is not the answer. We need to start looking elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

So, I always wondered:

If selling guns and their equipment (ammo, special cleaning tools - I do not know anything about guns, but I guess there are some things you need to care for your weapons which are special made and can not be replaced by anything of the more civil kind you could get in another countries supermarket) would be outlawed -

what would happen in 10 years?

Do you think that the thugs, the criminals are caring for their old guns? Would they spend the extra dime to get new guns every year, including new ammo etc, because the legal ways are stopped?

What if.. the support for guns would dry up.. and the illegal owners of guns who you all are afraid of just do not get their new weapon-fix so easily like now?

Because, and hear me out: a missing support kills the mightiest army.
DRY THEM OUT.
Stop selling guns, ammo, etc.
Make the SELLING illegal, not the possession.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

But not everybody that gets a DUI case is some hardliner boozing careless psycho. Drink .001% too much beer on too empty a stomach and that gets you drug thru the ringer as if you're a hardened criminal sociopath.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

All that would do is make the overwhelming majority of gun owners, who are not criminals, become criminals.

So...we're back to punishing the many in an attempt to go after the few.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

What are you even talking about?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

People will just make their own. The thing about it is...and this goes for anything...once the knowledge is out there what stops people from learning how and doing or making it themselves. If we ban ammo tomorrow people will make it. If we ban the ingredients people will learn how to make them as well. Someone will always make the buck to be made for pulling the raw material from earth. Sure it might make it harder for some...but its not going away.

Edit: Making it harder for some just concentrates the power in less peoples hands...which in turn gets abused more because they can...
edit on 3-10-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: cynicalheathen

But not everybody that gets a DUI case is some hardliner boozing careless psycho. Drink .001% too much beer on too empty a stomach and that gets you drug thru the ringer as if you're a hardened criminal sociopath.

Absolutely they're not. People make mistakes. That's why I specified repeated and habitual

Surely someone will learn their lesson after the 3rd or so time, correct?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join