It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Background Checks...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
a reply to: DAVID64

Always the same excuse.

The NRA really has brainwashed America with its blanket paranoia.

Despite the fact that owning a gun doesn't make you safer against criminals with guns.

Haven't you ever heard that if you wish to change something, first you must understand it inside and out in order to make meaningful change?

Apparently not, as you're throwing around moral superiority in an egotistical way. It is rather unbecoming of someone so civilized.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SudoNim

Within the context of this comment made by you in regards to a ban on guns.

It's worked in nearly every other civilised country.

I'm looking for this place.

So are you wanting to know where guns are banned, have heavier regulations than America or don't exist.

Keep moving the goalposts to fit your agenda... i'll wait for you to completely backtrack.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Na, I enjoy watching you return to the well, shouting down to Americans on what they should and shouldn't have.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

You keep saying you want to understand why its happening... the rest of the world is telling you why its happening.
Everything is pointing you to the problem yet you keep ignoring it, or making excuses or sayings "its too late now".

America has its fingers in its ears. It's ego over reason.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

However, what about gun-free zones like Vegas, airports etc? Not banning guns, just gunfree areas of very populous and vulnerable areas? Surely that would not alienate every gun owner.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Na, I enjoy watching you return to the well, shouting down to Americans on what they should and shouldn't have.

Yeah, you've already been told once what you should and shouldn't have. Can't question that now, good little boys.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

and YOUR solution is ?

i have a sinking feeling that i know what you are implying - but want to hear you say it

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

How many times do i have to say this?

Just frigging let me be the one and only leader of the whole world, i will fix everything, for example, i just need to see the eyes of the person who want`s a gun, and i can tell if he/she should have one.

Fixed
Fixed
Fixed
Boom!

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
You're right.

We should do nothing.

That's alright, America's number 1 in mass shootings in the world! America! America!

When it comes to guns, that seems to be the general consensus. But when it comes to Muslim refugees? Oh boy, we gotta do something!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
a reply to: Cygnis

You keep saying you want to understand why its happening... the rest of the world is telling you why its happening.
Everything is pointing you to the problem yet you keep ignoring it, or making excuses or sayings "its too late now".

America has its fingers in its ears. It's ego over reason.

See, this proves you are not listening to what is being said, and continue to push YOUR views.

No sense in debating with you, good day.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You're right.

We should do nothing.

That's alright, America's number 1 in mass shootings in the world! America! America!

Can you please explain to me how the method of murder/death is at all relevant?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: and14263

I wish we had an answer. I really do. But I honestly don't think this a gun issue. It's a "don't give a sh** about human life" issue. Gangbangers, drug dealers, murderers, armed robbery.... the list goes sickeningly on and they all have that one thing in common. They just don't care.

True. I don't understand why they don't just kill themselves and get it over with instead of causing so much pain to so many other people. Unless they want to distribute their own pain and misery.

I'm hoping "the girlfriend" will have some insights on why he did this. If she's clueless, she wasn't much of a girlfriend.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You're right.

We should do nothing.

Oh for pity's sake. Ask the Sandyhook parents. Ask the parents of the Pulse killings, etc. etc. etc. etc.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Background checks mean nothing to me. Checking out backgrounds though... if ya get my drift.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

And guys like me can't buy a gun when they get on "the list" because the crazy low life ex, misused the system (as they often do) to try and get the upper hand in a custody battle. While it halfway worked, she got 50% custody. To pay for legal fees I pawned a gun for the first time in my life only to discover that the bogus order of protection that she had file against me kept me from buying my gun back DESPITE of the fact there were no charges. THEN there's this horrific situation that occurred in Las Vegas and that monster walks right through the whole gun buying process like it's nothing. Background checks are not quite the answer and, if anything more of a "backfire."

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Ask them what? How theyd rather see their loved ones die? Theyre dead. What does methodology matter?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I don't understand why they don't just kill themselves and get it over with instead of causing so much pain to so many other people.

They want their lives to have some greater meaning and they want to be remembered for something great (and terrible) instead of fading obscurely into history, so they do something horrific.

Unless they want to distribute their own pain and misery.

That, too.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You're right.

We should do nothing.

I think the point is that, for instance, one cannot kill 60 people at a concert below from the 32 floor of a hotel with say, a knife, or a sword, or a shotgun, or...

Just to be clear, I am not advocating for the ban of anything.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
I'm not from round your parts but surely with computers and background checks to buy a gun their would be a data base of who purchased a gun and how many guns they had purchased or sold legally, wouldn't or shouldnt an alarm bell go off for someone who owned 23 rifles. What the heck does someone need 23 guns for even if they are bought legally.

In the vast majority of cases, no. The number of US firearm enthusiasts, collectors and hunters who have amassed legal collections of that size (or more) over the years or decades will likely be in the range of a few million.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Alleged shooter passed every one of them. Every background check thrown at him.

It appears so.

How does any more legislation (except an outright ban) prevent this from happening?

It won't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join