It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Jacksonsman1

I'm not so sure on this lone gun man scenario. Especially seeing as how we all know next to nothing about this gentleman.

I don't understand the connection between those two sentences.
It would seem to be a non-sequitur. Would knowing a lot about the shooter support the case for a lone gunman?
edit on 10/3/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Where do you think the shooter was that scared the lady officer?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
A new idea for ISIS or whomever? Can you imagine New Year's Eve in any particularly large city with tall buildings, nevermind Las Vegas? How about parades - like Thanksgiving ones in NYC? Or ticker tape parades?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah, that was scary.

The group of people standing around the hotel reading their Facebook status under machine gun fire was unreal as well.

"

Maybe the sound of gunfire was taken from Iraq or Afghanistan and edited into that video. Seems to much like a war zone to my ear and totally different to all the other videos out there.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Its only been a day phage,wepple don't really know ,from all angles,what really happened,yet.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

I know that.
I don't understand the connection between those two statements.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Injuring and killing that many people would sound like a war zone I'd imagine,not that I know

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I'm not so sure on this lone gun man scenario. Especially seeing as how we all know next to nothing about this gentleman.

I don't understand the connection between those two sentences.
It would seem to be a non-sequitur. Would knowing a lot about the shooter support the case for a lone gunman?

Possibly, yes. For example, how proficient was he with the type of guns used? Who was he associating with leading up to the shootings? Did he have the skills to bypass the window sensors? ...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Yeah, I think that's it. I can't find that interview anywhere now.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Point taken
I still think the official take is still young and green

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
How proficient did he have to be to fire into a shoulder to shoulder crowd of people and hit some?

Yes. Associations are indeed a good thing to investigate. Do you think they are not being?

There are window sensors on sealed windows on the 32nd floor? Why?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

How proficient did he have to be to fire into a shoulder to shoulder crowd of people?

Yes. Associations are indeed a good thing to investigate. Do you think they are not being?

There are window sensors on sealed windows on the 32nd floor? Why?

I doubt I could hit that target from that distance with any gun. I'd probably hold it wrong and going flying back across the room and shoot up the ceiling. I KNOW that even if I could do it technically, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to do it even if I somehow found myself going through with that plan up to the moment of pulling the trigger.

Yeah, I'd imagine that the police / FBI are looking into all his associations and his movements/communications leading up to the shooting. I doubt they've completely written off the possibility of more than one shooter at the moment, rather they just have a working position that it was one shooter whilst they do more investigations.

I believe there are sensors on those windows - read it somewhere - but can't be sure.

edit on 3/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I doubt I could that target from that distance with any gun. I'd probably hold it wrong and going flying back across the room and shoot up the ceiling.

There is a spectrum between inept and proficient. A bit of time out in the desert just might get you up a notch.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah, that was scary.

The group of people standing around the hotel reading their Facebook status under machine gun fire was unreal as well.

"

Maybe the sound of gunfire was taken from Iraq or Afghanistan and edited into that video. Seems to much like a war zone to my ear and totally different to all the other videos out there.

Yeah, hopefully it is fake, but it sounds like the same rate in all the videos I have seen so far.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I doubt I could that target from that distance with any gun. I'd probably hold it wrong and going flying back across the room and shoot up the ceiling.

There is a spectrum between inept and proficient. A bit of time out in the desert just might get you up a notch.

Yeah, so maybe he was inept and it was a second person (or more) in the room?
Maybe he was forced and the real shooters shot him and left before he was found?

Wouldn't knowing more about him, especially all his movements and conversations before the shooting, help eliminate any of those possibilities? What about his relationship with his girlfriend? Maybe she was being held against her will abroad until he carried out the task?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Ha okay, I'll elaborate for you. Generally in these type of events, a security camera shot of the shooter will be released with the suspect in the general area, tying him to the crime that has been committed. The police are SURE that this is the only shooter involved in this situation, and are asking the public to stop speculating upon the idea that there were multiple shooters. This crime took place in what, I have to imagine, is one of the most observed areas in the world, unless the movies are all wrong ( think cameras over every dealer at every blackjack and poker table amongst many others). Why not a simple shot to at least show this suspect was there, or better yet, one where we might be able to see him transporting the bags that held 20+ firearms in. At least the tripods and camera bags he used to observe the hallways. Nothing has been released except the police saying this is the guy and news showing a squinty eyed photo of him taking a shot with a younger lady. No pictures of guns, cars that supposedly had bomb making materials in them, nothing.

The suspect doesn't seem to have a large social media presence, which is usually helpful in figuring out a person's motives. Doesn't fit the mold for someone that usually commits these type of crimes. He liked to gamble and maybe large gambling debts were his motive but that seems to be it.

In summation, we're being shown a lot less through the mainstream news than we usually are in situations like this, while still be asked to take it all at face value. That seems kind of strange to me especially, after having listened to about 4 hours scanner activity in real time that night. There were some things that were going on that seem to have been completely left out of the narrative that is being presented, that other people have noticed as well. Have not had the time to go back and listen to the scanner recordings yet to post time stamps to what I'm referencing but plan to do that tomorrow.

Hopefully that premise is more sound for my previously made conclusion Phage. This cake doesn't seem to fit the usual mold is all.
edit on 3-10-2017 by Jacksonsman1 because: for clarification

edit on 3-10-2017 by Jacksonsman1 because: spelling

edit on 3-10-2017 by Jacksonsman1 because: spelling again haha

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
In the other thread on the front page, user Daftpink isolated that segment of video and made some screen grabs. I understand people saying flashlight. I considered that as well. But that was an awrfully fast flash, timed perfectly with the burst, matches it to a tee. In fact, from the still screen grabs, i think you can even see the stock/butt of the gun under his right elbow, just where it would be if he were holding a gun in that way. Also, when "Security Guy" comes directly in frame, look at his arms. He does look to have his arms in the exact position they'd be if he were holding an assault rifle.

And in reply to the person that said "an automatic rifle going off near them and no one runs?" !. There is CLEAR reaction to that gunfire by everyone around that area. And even more reaction to the later bursts that sound like they come from the same guy after he runs off to the left. The people I think he just shot look like they are being shot and just drop after throwing their hands up. Others run......but keep in mind, everyone is already running in random directions, so look for rections to that flash and sound, including the camera person's themselves. Though as someone pointed out in the other thread.....whomever that camera person is, seems awefully calm and good at recording action with bullets flying all around their head.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jacksonsman1
-
The suspect doesn't seem to have a large social media presence, which is usually helpful in figuring out a person's motives. Doesn't fit the mold for someone that usually commits these type of crimes
-

My mother is 64 years old and has no social media presence. Should I be concerned?
Thank you in advance. Your expertise is appreciated.
edit on 10/3/17 by Gaspode because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
He worked for a defense contractor.

The defense contractor, Lockheed Martin, said in a statement that Paddock worked for a predecessor company from 1985 to 1988. “We’re cooperating with authorities to answer questions they may have about Mr. Paddock and his time with the company."

Reporter from Vice:
twitter.com...

This page has a lot of detailed information:
heavy.com...

He had money, multiple properties, was gambling 10k, 20k, 30k nights before the shooting. He is a pilot and owns two personal aircraft which are very expensive.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gaspode

originally posted by: Jacksonsman1
-
The suspect doesn't seem to have a large social media presence, which is usually helpful in figuring out a person's motives. Doesn't fit the mold for someone that usually commits these type of crimes
-

My mother is 64 years old and has no social media presence. Should I be concerned?
Thank you in advance. Your expertise is appreciated.

Should you be concerned? That your 64 year old mother doesn't fit the mold of attention seeking killers?
Do you wish she did?
Would it worry you that she doesn't seem a probable mass shooter?

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join