It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 130
<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
1: We know two windows were broken.
2: Police report there were gun platforms at each window.
3: We had cameras outside the door to see people coming.

This does not make any sense. In my opinion you only need two guns here. Switch between the two when they start to overheat. Keep them loaded. I don't see any reason for 29 guns. None what so ever. Even if you were planning a long shootout with police, all you need to do is sell 20 guns and buy more ammo for the remaining 9, at the very least. This is ridiculous.

The fact that he had cameras watching the door, and he "shot himself" before the cops breached the door, doesn't make sense. Why not just let the cops come in and "suicide by cop"? Why not just shoot yourself when you hear the door break / blow open? Why the elaborate camera setup? Something smells fishy, this is way too elaborate for just some crazy guy.

He could have just as easily walked into the concert with the gun, and did even more damage up close. No need for all this planning and stuff. What the heck...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gaspode

Realize now that I did not tie that in well at all with the pint I was making, and actually, kind of goes against my argument that we should know more bout him than we do at this point in time. Once again, it just seems slightly strange, usually we have a lot more to work off by now, especially when being asked to take the narrative at face value by the authorites. My apologies though to your 64 year old mom. My only excuse is I've been up all night studying accounting . Hopefully you and her can see it in your heart to forgive. Gonna hit the hay. Y'all have a good one
edit on 3-10-2017 by Jacksonsman1 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Here's a video from a cab driver. That was a lot of rounds. jesus
cab vid

Sounds like a old hand cranked gatling gun. You can hear whatever it is speed up and slow down. Or maybe a Jackhammer. Maybe some roadworks being done. Having listened to it again i would say jackhammer with gunfire now and again at the start of the video around the 2:20 mark.
edit on 3-10-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Ban automatic weapons NOW.

You want a rifle to hunt game? fine. You want a glock under a pillow to deter intruders? fine. But when you can horde automatic weapons like you are building a private army? nope.

Geriatrics like Charlton Heston and the assclowns in the NRA need to realize this will not stop. There is no need for automatic weapons to be made available to civilians, end of story. How many more need to die before the effing PTB do something? Not to mention that gun sounded like it was silenced, and before you ask silenced weapons do not sound like what they do in the movies, that was a modded weapon.

A silenced automatic weapon-how are they even available? these are firearms that should never be available to the public.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

WTF are you going on about? Automatic weapons are banned. He modified his guns to simulate fully automatic, which you can't prevent.

Also, it was clearly not silenced. If it was silenced you wouldn't hear it over a freaking country concert from thousands of feet away. Silencers are illegal in many states. Either way, you can buy books on how to make them at home for less than $10...

Please get out of here with your nonsense.
edit on 3-10-2017 by anonfamily because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

It's called sarcasm.
And the point was exactly what you just said. A "mold". People have an idea of what a mass shooter or serial killer looks like - based either on previous shooters or what Hollywood portrays. The moment a square peg doesn't fit into the round hole we always use, then "surely" it must be a conspiracy...? Just because we usually use round pegs and round holes, doesn't mean that square pegs and square holes don't exist.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ALL ***

Reminder: This thread is not for the discussion of gun control. There are other threads for that.

This discussion is about the Vegas shooting and details surrounding the events.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: anonfamily

Okay you probably put yourself on the FBI watch list with that post...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gaspode

It's called sarcasm.
And the point was exactly what you just said. A "mold". People have an idea of what a mass shooter or serial killer looks like - based either on previous shooters or what Hollywood portrays. The moment a square peg doesn't fit into the round hole we always use, then "surely" it must be a conspiracy...? Just because we usually use round pegs and round holes, doesn't mean that square pegs and square holes don't exist.

Of course. No one claimed to be sure of a conspiracy (not that I saw, anyway, could have missed it).

But this is the usual "don't speak of generalizations, they don't apply to everyone".
A generalization doesn't imply everyone- it refers to tendencies formulated by abstracting common properties of instances. They suggest a majority, not a totality.

I dare say that, on a conspiracy website forum, it is not because of one little square peg detail that the first official facts are being questioned....... you're likely to find people here that will not be quick to swallow what they're told by the media right away.
That is a generalization. It marks a trend in the majority. Some might. But a larger percentage will question and be skeptical.
When you'd like to direct yourself to places where there is less people doing that, knowing this generalization is useful.

But in any case, he said people without a lot of social media activity tend to have LESS potential for doing a mass shooting, so even your sarcasm was a bit confusing. But whatever.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

www.silencershop.com...

Currently, the following 42 states allow private ownership of suppressors:

AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY.

www.amazon.com...

Why would I be on their list?
At any rate, have you been living under a rock? The government watches everyone.

At any rate, silencers don't make guns any more deadly. As you said yourself, they don't act like you see in the movies. You can still hear them. You can also find out the location of a shooter by where the bullets are landing... so.. whats your point?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

i have more guns then he did and far more ammo and i dont have any black market contacts ,he was in vegas a pretty gun friendly state and apparently worked for lockheed martin dude could have probally made his own gun if he got the right machinery

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
You can make a shotgun with two pieces of pipe, a screw, and a cap for one of the pipes... No machines required.

www.youtube.com...

And people think they can ban guns... lol

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Automatic weapons are banned.

Not banned. Expensive and heavily regulated.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The brother here in this interview seems genuinely gobsmacked about it all.

Interesting that their old man was on the FBI's 10 most wanted list. Although they seem to have had no real contact with him.

amp.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
For those saying that there was a shooter on a lower level, watch this video - around the -0:30 mark you can see the flashing light on the lower center level (which is supposedly muzzle flash), but you can clearly see the light continuing to flash long after the shots stopped. Thus it is not clearly not gun fire.

Facebook link
edit on 10/3/17 by Gaspode because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/3/17 by Gaspode because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Automatic weapons are banned.

Not banned. Expensive and heavily regulated.

They are banned in the sense that any manufactured since 1986 can not be sold in the US.
Any existing before that can be transferred from one person ti another, provided that the buyer fills out the proper paperwork, passes background checks, gets the permission of the sheriff and pays the appropriate taxes/fees.
They are expensive because they are a dwindling commodity that will not be replenished.
edit on b000000312017-10-03T05:02:59-05:0005America/ChicagoTue, 03 Oct 2017 05:02:59 -0500500000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

The fact that he had cameras watching the door, and he "shot himself" before the cops breached the door, doesn't make sense. Why not just let the cops come in and "suicide by cop"?

Might only be wounded, captured. Too 'risky' , he planned on dying in advance, made sure of it himself.

Not unlike a hundred other cases.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I was watching a news item on this last night, on YouTube.

The network had a former FBI profiler on, to give an autopsy of the event from the perspective of that profession. When asked by the anchorperson, whether anything stood out to them about this event aside from the scale of the carnage inflicted, the lady profiler mentioned the age of the perpetrator as a stand out feature. Apparently, and I think its easy to see the rationale here, its less common for older persons to lash out in this particular fashion, because they have generally had more time in which to work through their particular problem with the world. She was quite taken aback by the fact that, despite his age, the man clearly had not managed to deal with his issues, instead having collapsed into a mental state where he could treat human beings with more casual disregard and antipathy, than any hunter of animals would ever express toward a kill.

Personally speaking, I would say that his age is of interest, but not nearly as much interest as motive. To say the man was insane, and leave it at that, by definition is going to leave some vital information out of the picture. I heard that this man is supposed to have had a legal dispute with the hotel, but that suggestion appears to have either been overlooked, or discounted by the investigating authority. Other than that, I have heard no information as of yet which actually shows a link between anything that has happened in this mans life, and what happened at the Mandalay Bay hotel.

Someone needs to have a word with his brother as well. There is footage doing the rounds of the perpetrators brother, looking dumbfounded and saying all the right words... Something feels off though. There is something about the way his eyes move when he is speaking that sets my spidey sense off. Cannot put my finger on it precisely, but its enough to make me think "Does he know more than he is letting on?".

I mean, its practically always the case that in cases like these, there is some familial or relationship based angst involved. Take the first of the famed mass shooters, Charles Whitman... He had some deep seated anger toward his father, which remained unresolved, which was prime amongst the drivers for most of his poor behaviours, including gambling and other vices. Although it was far from the only motivator in the development of the cold rage he fostered, it was the foremost among them, if his writings while awaiting court martial over his threatening of a fellow marine over a gambling debt, are anything to go by.

Its beyond belief that NO ONE in Stephen Paddocks life had any idea he was this kind of angry. Someone he had contact with, is bound to have suffered some kind of unreasonable behaviour from him, at some stage, because it is utterly unthinkable that the sort of rage he was holding, did not express itself even the once, before he unleashed the hell he bought with him.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Here's a video from a cab driver. That was a lot of rounds. jesus
cab vid

Sounds like a old hand cranked gatling gun. You can hear whatever it is speed up and slow down. Or maybe a Jackhammer. Maybe some roadworks being done. Having listened to it again i would say jackhammer with gunfire now and again at the start of the video around the 2:20 mark.

Thats what I was thinking. A crank adapter added to the trigger guard. Those were still legal to own in the 80's and sounds exactly like that rate of fire change. Nothing else could account for that.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Watch the cab video 3 times and it is fascinating, how does the shots go from from loud short burst to farther away then back to loud. I would think its as he is driving up to the Mandalay, he catches the short burst, maybe the one that breaks the window? thens as he drives to the lobby we get a second volley but it sounds farther away,is that because now he has driven under the over hang where the lobby is? Then as he drives from under and begins to leave out it's loud again.

new topics

<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join