It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 177
<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Dutch bacon sux. Say no more.

I, as always, bow to your superior geographical and cultural knowledge. Shame about the bacon though, I was hoping to exchange some good quality Edam, Gouda or other Dutch cheese with you in return for good bacon in a mutually satisfactory secure method using some kind of escrow. But there's no way I'm sending stuff to the USA. It's better to have the truth immediately and be disappointed in contrast to the alternative. I thank you!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hello my Lovelies! Went out unexpectedly with my Sister today. We have possibly a foot of snow coming on Thursday so I won't be able to go out with Linda on Friday to do our groceries and errands. So...going out tomorrow night instead after she gets out of work.

Heard from Jacy and she misses us terribly. She will try to get in here as soon as she can. Yay!!!!!

Ok, I have to clean the fish tanks and put my xmas tree away and stuff. I'll pop in later. Love to you all!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Dutch bacon sux. Say no more.

Really!!! How can they turn a superior product into crap?

I, as always, bow to your superior geographical and cultural knowledge...... I was hoping to exchange some good quality....Gouda or other ....cheese with you....

Thank you for the compliment, but I was just adventuress and curious. Always pushing the boundaries.
But you said Gouda and cheese. I miss European continental cheese. And Gouda...ahhh Gouda. I miss real cheese, a variety that challenges your taste buds. Every thing here is cheddar or ultra pasteurized crap.
edit on 2-1-2018 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
I thought of Fin as his country borders Norway but it might me a long shot.

Sorry to disappoint but i don't speak norwegian. Finnish native, English, some Swedish and 3 years of learning of Latin at school. (wasn't really interested in Latin, just wanted to get to a downtown school)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I wish i had a option for latin at school, local choices in highschool were russia and german so i chose german.. should have chosen russia as it would have been more useful in general.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hello my Lovelies!

Heard from Jacy and she misses us terribly. She will try to get in here as soon as she can. Yay!!!!!

Ok, I have to clean the fish tanks and put my xmas tree away and stuff. I'll pop in later. Love to you all!

Either they were really big fish tanks or Snowflake was resisting...

Big shout out to Jacy.

"JACY, OUT!"

(I've thought that joke 4 times, now I just had to say it. Funnily enough (crosses fingers) I think she might understand it...)

I'll see myself out....
edit on 3/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Bahahaha! That cracked me up!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Well hello there! Nice to see you!

Our choices when I went to school were Spanish or French. I took French and barely remember much of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
****Slowly, stealthily opens the shed's back door and sneaks in... ****

yup, Big G is back home safe & sound from an amaaaaayyyyzing New Years Holiday at my wee flat.
Ate too much. tick
Drank too much. tick
Talked too much crapola. tick
Played guitar till.... yon-time o'clock. tick
Stayed up far too late. tick
Avoided arrest! tick
SURVIVED! tick

Job Done.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Nice to see that you are back from your alien abduction Gordi.

Wait, I mean it is nice to see you back from all of your New Year's Eve duties.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Welcome home Mr Drummer. It sounds like you had fun.
Avoiding arrest too. Ahem...

It's nice we can leave the door unlocked here. I've slipped out late and back in myself a few times during my short time here. (Running naked around the village 3 times anti-clockwise. Don't ask, it didn't make me look younger)

The highlight of my New Year celebrations were looking at all the fireworks other people paid to detonate. It's my first year here in Rotterdam (population 600,000) and I was not disappointed. I walked 30 meters/yards to the corner of the block just before midnight and watched the city erupt. It was beautiful. I stood outside for around an hour with my beers discreetly, like a big kid. Dutch people and fireworks, truly a thing to behold at a safe distance. LOL

This will probably sound crazy but I would trust myself with an explosive device or explosive munition but never with a firework. I have never had an explosive device just to be clear, but I've never had a firework either.

I do believe it's your round! Yay!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Now come and rest by the hearth, I see you already found a spot to stretch out on.

You must be exhausted.

edit on 3-1-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

My version of the Shed in all its glory.

Despite being around my dad I've had a pretty good simple day in the life of Blue. I plan for a better tomorrow as I am seeing my MD and demanding something finally be done to help my heart get better.

I'll explain how that goes and how I have been having a good day in the late afternoon at the earliest tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Cool pic! You seem content. Hope your doctor's visit goes better than my did. Or my visit was fine, but under new regulations, a signatured paper is needed in order for the doc to send my diagnosis straight to KELA (social security bureau) Well yesterday i got a letter and the doc wrote that she cleaned up her desk for christmas and my signatured paper went to the paper shredder by mistake. But she was so apologizing and humble in her letter that i am not even angry (i rarely am angry anyway)

So he sent the diagnosis to me, and i will deliver it to KELA. It was a saddening read.

*unspecified non-organic psychosis
*repetitive depression
*obsessive compulsive disorder
*social isolationism
*Constant sleeping difficulties and nightmares
*Suicide attempts

But still here anyway
usually i can't take one day at a time, just a brief moment only.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Gordi, great to see our favorite Scotsman is back! Sounds like you had a great time!

Blue, that pic is awesome! Glad you will be demanding that something be done for your heart.

Light, your New Year fireworks must have been enchanting.
The only one running around in here nekkid is Timely, or so I thought. lol

Fin, we are here for you! Love that song! You would never know you have all those issues. Thank you for sharing with us, it means you trust us.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

On the plus side I'm guessing they won't hassle you too much to do things like apply for jobs? I realise the diagnosis was maybe not exactly what you wanted to hear but maybe they can help you with some of those things?

I've had depression for the last 30 years or so. I refuse to take medications although I've never been offered any either. Then again, I never went to a doctor either. It comes, it goes, it comes back, it goes. OCD sounds like it could be either slightly amusing or annoying, all the way up the scale to being unbearable. (A neighbour I used to have had OCD. If he put something down on a table, it had to be straight, very straight.)

You don't across as psychotic on here, quite the opposite in fact but that doesn't mean much I guess. Social isolationism goes hand in hand with depression imho. I haven't been out of the house in a year (obviously I visit a supermarket) and when friends ask me to visit, I find an excuse not to. They understand, or they don't.

The only thing I am concerned about is the suicide attempts. I don't want to see you not be here. It's a waste of a perfectly good human being and I for one would miss you terribly and I doubt I'd be the only one here. I would beg you to PM me when you feel that way. I can't solve your problems but I'll do my best to talk you out of it.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Great reply Light! I wanted to say more, but have had little sleep and kind of zombified.

My inbox is always open to anyone who needs to talk at any time!

I have mild depression and anxiety, but only take something for the anxiety. I have a lot of blah moments or feel uninspired or unmotivated. I do have good days mixed in there though. I know a lot of our members have a variety of issues that they deal with, so no one is truly alone or has to be. Much love to one and all and magical moments when you can find them.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just saw that my city will get 12 to 15 inches of snow. OMG! If I lose power...I will get back to you by sleigh with a bunch of huskies pulling me.

If I don't make it back in a couple of days, send the dragons for me!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Snowed here once again last night but not like what the coast and New England are getting right now and have been since last night. I'd rather have the foot of snow but beggars can't be choosers. The cold hasn't really stopped me from going out in the first place either. As gave me a chance to test out the camera on this tablet and it doesn't do too bad with either photos or video.

Shot these earlier today with the tablet and I think they may have came out somewhat decent.

new topics

top topics

<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join