It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 175
<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
For all of the Shed

I think some of you may have already entered 2018 (time travelers!).
I offer an anonymous poem for you

At the sound of the tolling midnight bell
a brand new year will begin.
Let's raise our hopes, in a confident toast
to the promise it ushers in.

May your battles be few, your pleasures many
and your wishes and dreams fulfilled.
May your confidence stand in the face of loss
and give you the strength to rebuild.

May peace of heart fill all of your days
and serenity grace your soul.
May tranquil moments bless your life
and keep your spirit whole.

(I did find something very similar in a book by Ajen Dianawati)

edit on 31-12-2017 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Happy New Year to all and be safe! A death has already happened in the Netherlands and it is not officially the time to let off fireworks yet. A 39 year-old man tried to let off some kind of "large firework" and it went off in his face. He left behind a wife and 2 young children. I think they may have seen it happen too.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I never got further than the simple fly.

"How high does a fly fly when a fly flies ever so high?"

(Moths use celestial light as a navigation aid. Street lights and such like screw with that bigly.)
edit on 31/12/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Another Shedite falls to the dark side...

Come and wish her well since she hasn't been on as much as she used to.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you for sharing another well-written softball match with us. I always enjoy reading them

TO EVERYONE HERE TODAY

My cats and I are wishing you to have a SAFE new years eve.
May your 2018 days be much better than they have been for you this past year.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Happy New Year to all of our Shed Clan.

Cue the bagpipes.

Have a good year!

P

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
HAPPY NEW YEAR SHEDDITES!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Happy New Year!!! (Well, almost!)

Seeing as it's currently 8 degrees outside, I already did my partying and drinking. So here I am, wrapped in a blanket cocoon, looking out the window at the "Wolf moon" making everything glisten outside. Tea's going to be my drink of choice tonight, as I now have a kettle to boil water in. Winter in Michigan sucks when it's this cold out.

I hope everyone that's having a rough time is able to overcome their obstacles - wish I could say it's all sunshine and daisies on my end, but I'm a tad bit depressed. Most on here don't know the story, but I met someone almost a year ago that, had she not gone completely crazy on me, would have been the Mrs. Fossilera. In short, there are some mental illnesses that I cannot handle, and her's was one that would have required me to be on my guard 24/7.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Happy New Year

You are the stars that illuminate the velvet dark map I try to navigate.
You make me laugh, cry and find courage to move on.
You sprinkle pixie dust on my path, leave a wee dram when I am thirsty.
You always have a hug for me.

Happy New Year Sheddigans, may our days mingle and carry us through yet another year of this epic journey.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Thank you for all the wonderful well wishes for the New Year ... and I too wish all the wonderful souls from the Shed all the very best in 2018.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Happy new year from me also.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
THE SHED-FILES
(Government denies knowledge.)

Mike Jackmeyer flicked nervously his cigarette in his top floor office at the CIA. Under new regulations, cigarettes should be smoked outside in a specific spot, ashtrays and all. But Mike’s effective but against the regulations philosophy was, “Better smoke in my office than travel with the elevator all my working time up and down and get nothing done”

Bzzzz… That was the sound of the CIA built-in phone, It was Betty, Mike’s loyal secretary. “Mr. Jackmeyer, Stephen Ribeiro is here” “Let him in, said Mike, and hang up”

Stephen stepped into the room that smelled like old and fresh tobacco. Mike liked to chain his smokes.

Mike: Ok let’s get straight to the point. The Shed. Our investigations have shown that there is a forum thread online which is bringing too much positive energy to the world. I think I don’t have to remind you what is at stake here. Oil billions. Endless warfare profits. You know, the ordinary stuff, greed and killing.

Stephen: I know. But this is so hard for even us, combined with NSA to handle. There is Gordi the drummer. He has this fake story that he is building a van but it is indeed a time machine. Do you understand the potential of that? He could prevent Kennedy assassination. I heard two days ago he was in an Elvis gig just for kicks. Definite no. The man eats haggis. CIA and NSA budget combined is petty change compared to that kind of a foe.

Stephen: And LightSpeedDriver actually drives at light speed, even our best physicist and researcher have not reached that point yet.

Mike: (Profanity) Then lights a cigarette. And let’s not even start with Night Star. Commander of the dragons, friend of the elves, sharer of donuts.

Stephen: We need to abort this mission. Shed may evolve, and probably will. Our captain will be mad as ape****

Mike: Yes, we will probably end up as janitors here, if we are allowed to stay at the CIA in the first place.

Both staring down at the carpet, mumbling something about the powers of the free internet.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
My friend gave me 10 cans of pear cider and loaned me enough money for tobacco =)

I will of course pay back but it may take a while and i told him that. But he is understanding and patient. A real good man.

edit on 1-1-2018 by Finspiracy because: i was dumb

edit on 1-1-2018 by Finspiracy because: Another typo... Did night star send pixies to mess with my fingers on the keyboard

edit on 1-1-2018 by Finspiracy because: OK this is the last time i will fix typos from this post. I leave the ones i missed! *brrrrgh*

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
A good buzz. 13:18PM. Alone at home and it feels good after being social lately. But computer is not the same "sociality" I like the shed and talk. Wake up you... you... time zone restricted humans!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
nevermind
edit on 1-1-2018 by Finspiracy because: ooops

FIxed.

edit on 1-1-2018 by Finspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Morning Fin, Thank You that was a haunting beautiful song. A most welcome way for me to start my day and New Year here were it is a meager -37 C.
Have a great day.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Morning Fin, Thank You that was a haunting beautiful song. A most welcome way for me to start my day and New Year here were it is a meager -37 C.
Have a great day.

Morning WIS! You know, just a few feeks ago i thought your username is "WalkinInSilence" but i don't blame mandela effect, i blame my eyes staring all over the place at times

Have a great day too and thanks for your post. I WAS GETTING LONELY!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Thank you for sharing another well-written softball match with us. I always enjoy reading them

Thank you, glad you like it.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Fin, you have provided us with such a nice story to start the new year off with. Thanks for the smiles.

top topics

<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join