It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

...How is the van coming along Sir Gordi?

Slowly - it's been toooooo cold to get much done on it recently!

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

ahh, nice to see that miss B hasn't butchered our Dave.... yet!
I do worry ya know! LOL

PICS or it didn't happen.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Slowly - it's been toooooo cold to get much done on it recently!

It is 38C here! What do you mean cold. (That is about 100F.)

Oh, wait.

Lol.

You are in Great Britain, that would explain it.

Hey mate ... mail me some cold!

P

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I'm laughing here because... we recently got a new "Air Source" heating system installed. (I don't know how it works other than... it's like a refrigerator in reverse!)
The air source unit pumps COLD air to the outside (leaving the house nice and toasty) but I think that it works too well as the outside temperature has dropped dramatically since we installed it!!!! ROFL

Hey - maybe if we connected a REALLY LONG PIPE from the outflow of my Air source unit.... and ran it all the way down to you.... you could run a "return" pipe with hot air for us in Scotland??
Of course it would work!

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Yes, i have a light within me. But the thing is, the real-me is too far away from the ideal-me.

Do any of us embody our ideal, our best selves? I don’t think many do, at least not on a regular basis. I fully believe that our time on this earth is a learning field, where we have to keep getting up and trying again. That’s if we want to strive to improve. Some people don’t want to or care to. That’s ok, it’s their choice. Improvement won’t be forced upon any of us. Just encouraged.

I’m having a struggle right now with being my best self, my true, authentic self. I can get overwhelmed, so I had to simplify it to trying to be better today than I was yesterday, and better tonmorw than I am today.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I’m having a struggle right now with being my best self, my true, authentic self. I can get overwhelmed, so I had to simplify it to trying to be better today than I was yesterday, and better tonmorw than I am today.

That is pretty much my approach. I just take one day at a time.

I can get overwhelmed too which is why I chose the following for my signature.

edit on 12-12-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

That weather is unbearable! Do you get the high humidity to go along with the heat? It's like a steam bath here in the Summer sometimes.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
a reply to: kaelci

ahh, nice to see that miss B hasn't butchered our Dave.... yet!
I do worry ya know! LOL

PICS or it didn't happen.

Bahahaha!

I'm still waiting for the darned pics. Nothing like keeping us in suspense. Sheesh! I said I would be patient, but...truth is...I can't wait any longer! I must see pics of the happy family. I must, I must!
edit on 12-12-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Thank you for your thoughts. No need to spend hours searching previous threads as this is the first time I have posted all those songs and pictures together.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Do any of us embody our ideal, our best selves? I don’t think many do, at least not on a regular basis. I fully believe that our time on this earth is a learning field, where we have to keep getting up and trying again. That’s if we want to strive to improve. Some people don’t want to or care to. That’s ok, it’s their choice. Improvement won’t be forced upon any of us. Just encouraged.

It's so nice to find another soul who shares my line of thinking on how things should be.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

It doesn’t make sense to me for it to be any other way.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That weather is unbearable! Do you get the high humidity to go along with the heat? It's like a steam bath here in the Summer sometimes.

Not often.

It is 39C right now. It is hot ... but it is not unbearable ... we are used to it. Now when it gets to 45C ... then it is called a stinker of a day.

Anything below freezing is an abomination. I simply can't deal with it.

It is what you are used to ... your body adjusts over time.

Still, I woul like to see snow.

P

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Snow for Pheonix and whoever wants to see snow.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I had a nice unexpected meditation this evening that help my brain sort things out somewhat. My next trick will be to talking the cats into moving so I can lay down and try to nap or sleep while dad has the tv blasting too loud.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Snow for Pheonix and whoever wants to see snow.

Yeah babe you could have seen some snow in my shoes yesterday. The thing went like, i was chilling out at youtube and the shed, and suddenly found myself in a situation that i got 8 minutes before a friend's ride to work arrives and he had some peppermint booze for me. So i just left my house like a maniac, no socks, just a t-shirt under my jacket and plenty of snow everywhere

But it turned out fine. Ok the peppermint booze is pretty nasty stuff but drinkable. I went nearby to give my friends some shots of the booze. They gave me socks to wear!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Man... Fighting against hangover here and i am not sure which one of us is winning this battle...

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
A little hair of the Dog. lol

I'll share.

Good music. Thanks. Haven't listened to them in a while.
edit on 13-12-2017 by crappiekat because: Forgot to say thx for the tune

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I love the snow.

It's beautiful.

I just don't like driving in it.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
A hangover Fin? Quick everyone clash some pots and pans together. I know, my bad. LOL
Another great song Fin!

and Kitty Kat is in the house!

Kitty Kat, so good to see you!!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Hey, glad I decided to pop by when you guys are talking about this- my daily reality. I think, generally speaking, its a matter of effort, so long as you don't find yourself not only not embodying your ideal self, but also betraying it. Like... If you don't consowider yourself making any errors, but not making any progress either, then all that's really needed is a bit of restructuring and dedication, lol. I just have to keep reminding myself that even if I keep failing, I'm still worth trying for. In the end, if I had one thing to say to a tone who felt this way about not being themselves is: when you have clarity, run with it, because if you don't, you WILL lose it.

new topics

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join