It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Thank you!

It is me. I loved the red too (it was a deep purple underneath)! But it was so damaging to my hair, so I opted to go natural again. I REALLY miss it though. Maybe one day, once my hair is in better shape, I’ll play with the fun colors again.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I often feel that I don’t have a reason to feel down.... but the fact is that we do sometimes (maybe most of the time), and reasons or a lack of reasons for the feelings is neither here nor there. It just is what it is.

Positive vibes your way!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

! I’m warning you, I don’t take compliments well. I deflect!

But thank you, it is me.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I have to figure out how to respond to multiple posts in one go!

Thanks.... y’all are making me blush!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I have this "thing" with hair. I also noticed sexual inequality when it comes to hair colour. If a woman decides to colour her hair with bright colours everyone says "Wow, that looks nice!" If a man does the same most people say "Ooh, he's a bit weird!"

This was my second colour and the hair is very short. Now I'm almost back to pony tail length (a Mohawk in the winter can be brutal even with a hat) Red is the most stand-out colour but it fades so quickly. (I use semi-permanent hair dye whatever that means) I ended up googling how to make it last longer and ended up on the Cosmopolitan website of all places. The advice was not to wash the hair for the first 3 days.

I thought "I reckon a week would work better..." and it did! I also used little to no shampoo as that only made it worse but did wash it in plain warm water regularly. Blue and purple seem to "hold" the best and I make sure not to peroxide it too often. That is the hair killer, not the dye.

I shoulda blanked out my face but ah well, I at least showed my best side....

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Just a thought Blue, you should record all interactions you have with your Dad.

It is interesting to hear the dialogue and tones used after the dust has settled.

Could be good for him to hear himself as well as being a reminder to yourself, that you are right to ignore him.

Thinking of you ...

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hi Chels and Light! I just love when people in here share their pics and we have a face to go with their posting name. Thank you so much!

Me in purple.

And a few years ago with the pain in the...I mean Mark.

Now if those of you who haven't yet shared your photos, I can respect your privacy, but...ya know...it would be nice to see you. Hint, hint!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

In my experience, I got a lot of shade thrown my way too! When I colored it, I didn’t even consider how the people around would view me. Until I dropped my kids off at their little, country, small town, gossipy school..... then I thought about their perception!

As far as color retention- I found an awesome YouTuber that I learned SO much from. I colored with permanent color, but every time I washed (about every 3 days- that’s washed my hair, not showered and cleaned myself) I used a concoction of the same bright red in semipermanent mixed with my conditioner, and let it sit for 5 minuets or so. If I skipped that step, it would quickly turn pink. My tub is still stained though! I’ve left my mark in this house!😂

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Great idea Dave! Hi there! How are things in Dave's world?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It’s taken me a long time to work up to sharing. But I feel comfortable here now, so what the heck!

I love your long hair, it makes me think of the Elvs in Lord of the Rings!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I love youtube, there is so much you can learn and listen to in there!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

So it's only fitting that I have long hair right? LOL
Your long hair is gorgeous!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I was explaining to my kids how I had no YouTube or google while growing up. My 11 year old was astonished. “How did you learn anything?!” She asked me! Haha

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Bahahaha! How old are you if you don't mind my asking? I'm 59.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I’m 32

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Hehe, small-town mentality are usually the worst places. The best reactions I got for my colour, regardless of what it was, were little old ladies and very young children.

The kids would usually look at me and start nudging their parent. "Ma, ma....! That mans got red hair!" The gender didn't seem to matter when it came to children. One little girl was particularly vocal in her admiration of my colour it gave me the courage to talk to her while at the check-out in the local supermarket.

ME: "So you like my colour? Would you like it in you hair too?"

Little girl: "Oh yes, I would love it!"

Mother: "Weeellll, I think we'll wait till you're a little older before we go that far...."

Exit store quickly....

The little old ladies (often with zimmer-frames and a pink or blue rinse in their hair) would kinda just nod and smile as I walked by. Hilarious.

P.S. Night, you two look like hippies. That is not an insult I was just born too late to miss all the fun music. Thankfully there was vinyl recordings.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Bahahahaha! Great stories about the hair!

Hippies? Peace and love man! LOL

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Kids, older people and men seemed to be the least judge. It was the other moms and teachers I felt looking at me with narrowed eyes. (Or thought I did, it could have all been in my head.)

And Night and Mark DO look like hippies! I didn’t say it, because some people don’t appreciate that as a compliment! But it totally is!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

I’m 32

And a beautiful 32 you are! Wish I could be young again.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Awe, thank you! Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am still young. Other times I have to remind myself I am not a kid anymore and maybe too old for sporting Ariel’s hair!

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join