It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.......Steelers coach Mike Tomlin rap Alejandro Villanueva, while his jersey sales soar

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I haven't turned on the TV for years. Looks like I'm missing out on all the soap opera crybaby football players. All upset because America will be great again. Instead of all the anti white state sponsored Nazi Social Justice. I guess I'll just leave that TV turned off.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: RomeByFire

Not really.ALL sports and athletes are ONLY entertainment, Hernandez was a real Ranger with 3 tours and won a bronze star, Higher valued man.
PLAYERS get paid ONLY heros do their duty.
🤘

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

originally posted by: RomeByFire
I thought all these Trump fans didn't want politics in their sports?

Or is that the only want THEIR politics in their sports?

When players wanted to honor the police officers who were ambushed and killed by a BLM supporter, they were told they couldn't and that the NFL wasn't the place for politics......Interesting how this fact never seems to come up in the media or by the lefties here on ATS.

Probably because the president didn't make a remark about it.

That's always worth considering.

By the way, if you're assuming a leftist - I'll remind myself to ignore all your posts from here on out. I'm a registered Republican who voted for Ron Paul.

I'm about to make my profile picture my voter registration ID so the "oh ur just a typical libtard," retardation can end.

By the way - you're more than welcome to make a thread about that if you'd wish.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
No he isn't but keep making stuff up. Reality will fail eventually.

WHY THE F#ck would he apologize then? While everyone else is being patted o the back for their left wing protest based on a lie, this guy get vilified by his coach, his team and many in the media.

Sports Pundits Criticize Steelers' Villanueva For Being The Only Team Member To Stand For The Anthem

Wow: Steelers Coach Annoyed That Decorated Army Veteran Left Team to Stand for Anthem

Steelers’ Alejandro Villanueva ‘embarrassed’ by lone-wolf act

"lone wolf act"

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

How ironic that all the supposedly "racist" Trump fans are all buying the jersey of a guy with a *gasp* Hispanic-sounding name. Maybe they are only concerned about the issues, and don't really care about skin color/ethnicity as much as some think they do.

As long as some people are trying to force politics into sports, might as well support the ones you agree with, which they seem to be doing with no regard to skin color/ethnicity.

Winner indeed.

If by some people, you mean Donald Trump, then I whole heartedly agree.

People do realize that these protests were a reaction to his tweet.... right?

..... right?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

As far as the NFL and anthem kneeling goes I could really care less. Stand, kneel, dance I give a sh*t, but I do take issue with those who'd like to try and forget/rewrite history. It's a slippery slope, first it's flags, statues, and memorials next it's the textbooks and encyclopedias because someone "is offended" by reading the name Jefferson Davis or Robert E. Lee. Public school is taxpayer funded, will that be their excuse as to why it will be removed, because it's "littering up" the public school history book with **gasp** Confederate traitors?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Really lame excuse, especially considering they've been taking a knee long before Trump said anything about it. The real answer is because left wingers make a lot of noise when they dont get what they want, while the other side act like grown ups and so nobody feels a need to placate them.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You know who the real jokers are here, right?

Anyone who cares?

People who change their avatar?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

WHY THE F#ck would he apologize then? While everyone else is being patted o the back for their left wing protest based on a lie, this guy get vilified by his coach, his team and many in the media.

Sports Pundits Criticize Steelers' Villanueva For Being The Only Team Member To Stand For The Anthem

Wow: Steelers Coach Annoyed That Decorated Army Veteran Left Team to Stand for Anthem

"lone wolf act"

In all honesty that's pretty ridiculous.

If he wants to stand, he should stand.

But guess what? Just like how you, and many others, have been bellyaching and whining about how some athletes chose to kneel....

.... some folks are going to be bellyaching and whining about how some athletes chose to stand.

You do realize what you're doing is exactly what you accuse "the left," of doing?

You're whining about NFL players kneeling.
You cite people whining about NFL players standing.

The irony is real.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

When players wanted to honor the police officers who were ambushed and killed by a BLM supporter, they were told they couldn't and that the NFL wasn't the place for politics......Interesting how this fact never seems to come up in the media or by the lefties here on ATS.

It's the righties that own the league that are flipping the bird at Trump for putting his nose in where it didn't belong.

What are you talking about they were supporting Kapernick long before Trump said anything. And what does this have to do with their lopsided standards anyway?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Really lame excuse, especially considering they've been taking a knee long before Trump said anything about it. The real answer is because left wingers make a lot of noise when they dont get what they want, while the other side act like grown ups and so nobody feels a need to placate them.

Make a lot of noise?

Kind of like the #boycottNFL and the #F***NFL hashtags currently trending? Well, not even trending, just out there.

Always a left/right thing, absolutely pathetic.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

But guess what? Just like how you, and many others, have been bellyaching and whining about how some athletes chose to kneel....

Yeah because your average citizen is exactly the same as Hollywood and the main stream media complex!

You do realize what you're doing is exactly what you accuse "the left," of doing?

The irony is real.

But, I'm not "whining" about he kneeling. I'm pointing out the typical double standards and hypocrisy from our left wing media. Along with reminding people that this protest is based on a lie.

edit on 25-9-2017 by HeadCrunchMcRockGroin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Yeah because your average citizen is exactly the same as Hollywood and the main stream media complex!

The irony is real.

But, I'm not "whining" about he kneeling. I'm pointing out the typical double standards and hypocrisy from our left wing media. Along with reminding people that this protest is based on a lie.

Stop watching it then.

I haven't owned cable in years.

You do realize it's folks like yourself that continue to keep left (and right) wing media not only alive, but thriving, right?

It's what they do... get your panties in a bunch.

As for this statement:

Makes absolutely no sense, but I can see you're more interested in making jabs at lefties than anything else so I'll leave you to it.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

How ironic that all the supposedly "racist" Trump fans are all buying the jersey of a guy with a *gasp* Hispanic-sounding name. Maybe they are only concerned about the issues, and don't really care about skin color/ethnicity as much as some think they do.

As long as some people are trying to force politics into sports, might as well support the ones you agree with, which they seem to be doing with no regard to skin color/ethnicity.

Winner indeed.

..... right?

Don't kid yourself, all Trump did was hit fast forward.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Winner indeed.

..... right?

Don't kid yourself, all Trump did was hit fast forward.

The Kaepernick issue was a dead horse.

Donald decided to beat it with a tweet from left field. Others decided to react to a president suggesting an independent company fire an employee over an incident that honestly wasn't even relevant.

You guys can thank Donald Trump for making this non-issue relevant, and therefore an issue again.

Have to admit - makes a great distraction from the fact that the GOP can't repeal the ACA.

Almost like he planned it.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The Rush Limbaughs of the NFL world. I wouldn't take them seriously and no one else should.

Spin. Tomlin wanted 100% support for whatever was decided. It says so in your source. He didn't call him out in the media.

"lone wolf act"

Vill puts this on his OWN shoulders. Not someone else. Try Googling again and get back to us with something credible.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

It may have been a non-issue to you, but you don't speak for everyone.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

As far as the NFL and anthem kneeling goes I could really care less. Stand, kneel, dance I give a sh*t, but I do take issue with those who'd like to try and forget/rewrite history. It's a slippery slope, first it's flags, statues, and memorials next it's the textbooks and encyclopedias because someone "is offended" by reading the name Jefferson Davis or Robert E. Lee. Public school is taxpayer funded, will that be their excuse as to why it will be removed, because it's "littering up" the public school history book with **gasp** Confederate traitors?

That's nonsense.

There's been a very long standing and moderately successful (particularly in the South) attempt to rewrite history by the very same types who erected all these Confederate statues. Principally, that the Civil War was about something other than slavery, such as a "states' rights."

It's one of the few examples I can think of where the losers were able to (re)write history.

In my own observations, what I've noticed is that the people who are most concerned with maintaining the placement of these often not very historic Confederate statues, in the name of preserving history, tend to be among these least knowledgeable of history.

I'm not claiming that such is the case with you but my point here is that if the statues are supposed to be preserving history, they're doing a horrible job of it. But then again, the statues were never supposed to serve as a reminder of historical reality, they were intended to lionize the Confederacy as both a product of generations of revisionism and lasting symbols intended to perpetuate the revisionist narrative.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Speaking of little knowledge of history, you might wanna read a Civil War book or two. No matter which side the war is analyzed from, all but a few historians acknowledge slavery was merely the catalyst. The war was about a whole host of issues, both for the leaders and for the grunts in the field. Put down the propaganda.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I thought we are supposed to boycott NFL?
Now I'm confused.

You aren't the only one confused.

I thought the players had the full support of the NFL to kneel or not, but this guy shows support for the flag, and now he's in the dog house with the league and his team?!

I've been saying this is why so many people have an issue. The NFL has no consistency on these issues.

Sure players can kneel, but they better not show defiance the other way!

It's because the lone players that stand end up sending a bigger message, and it gets talked about more than the kneelers.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: A word. DYAC

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join