It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.......Steelers coach Mike Tomlin rap Alejandro Villanueva, while his jersey sales soar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: notsure1

You keep trying to project your standards on everyone else as though you are somehow the gatekeepers of what is or isn't appropriate, patriotic, moral, etc and the rest of us will continue doing what we're doing — chiefly, not joining your authoritarian cult.

It seems that I've seen and heard this before...

Kind of like how some people keep trying to project their standards on everyone else as though they are somehow the gatekeepers of which statue or flag is or isn't appropriate, patriotic, moral, etc?

Interesting parallels...

Just more hypocrisy from the left.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Villanueva should tell tomlin to shut the hell up.

Then the Steelers should fire tomlin.
Not for his words but for his coaching.

I'm glad you said it.

He should be fired for the way he handled this situation and insulting an American hero in Villanueva.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
How ironic that all the supposedly "racist" Trump fans are all buying the jersey of a guy with a *gasp* Hispanic-sounding name. Maybe they are only concerned about the issues, and don't really care about skin color/ethnicity as much as some think they do.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
How ironic that all the supposedly "racist" Trump fans are all buying the jersey of a guy with a *gasp* Hispanic-sounding name. Maybe they are only concerned about the issues, and don't really care about skin color/ethnicity as much as some think they do.

That is something isn't it?

I was having this conversation the other day. With all white people being branded "racist", I find it hilarious to see millions of white people running around with black players jersey's.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Tell you what. Go in tomorrow morning and do that with your boss and get back to us with the results.

Would you be ok if all the NFL coaches told their players to stand at attention during the anthem?
Or is that covered by free speech?
edit on 25-9-2017 by Bluntone22 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

He was forced to apologize for doing it.

And you know this how? Transcendental Meditation?

ESP

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Tell you what. Go in tomorrow morning and do that with your boss and get back to us with the results.

Would you be ok if all the NFL coaches told their players to stand at attention during the anthem?

They don't. I'll wait for tomorrow to see the results of you doing what you say Vil should do.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Yeah, because demanding that people publicly display patriotism is exactly the same as tax payers not wanting Confederate flags flying at government buildings or Confederate statues littering public spaces.

In fact, the common thread here is how authoritarian right-wingers are constantly trying to force their # on people.

But hey, let's also talk about the irony of how taking a knee is a supposed to be disrespectful of the United States of America and its flag but flying the flag of a group of traitors that tried to tear the United States of America apart to preserve slavery isn't at all unpatriotic.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There is a good newer article today on ESPN.com about Big Ben and how he had trouble sleeping last night over it.

Also explains how things transpired right up to the moment the anthem began. Great read!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I thought all these Trump fans didn't want politics in their sports?

Or is that the only want THEIR politics in their sports?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Winner, winner. Chicken dinner.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

If he TOLD them to stand, yes - it's free speech.
If he FORCED them to stand, no - he's forcing them to do it.

If it's in their CONTRACT (in which it's not) then yes - it's in their contract, but in this case - it's not.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Winner, winner. Chicken dinner.

Whereas some consider it a win to boycott the NFL, others are still supporting the NFL.

At the end of the day, freedom wins.

If only these folks weren't so daft to see the obvious, here.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I've got nothing against Villanueva(he can do as he wishes) but I DO have issue with some here. I've read more than once that the players kneeling are "attention whores". But this guy is not? He's standing alone. ALL the focus on him. Seems like if it's your politics it's peachy. Hell it's downright Merican. Not your politics? Asshats craving attention. You know who the real jokers are here, right?

And he's being vilified in the media. Do you find anything contradictory and hypocritical about that?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Who cares as long as their engaging! Logic would say, in regards to your response, that if they DO engage, it be along a pre-established political ideology....pre-approved...

This is kinda random.

Well, it was when Kaper did it.....now the left will latch on to anything that will vindicate the ideology and behavior of the left....SJW.....butt hurt liberals riding the fence.....PURPOSELY....

EH...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

When players wanted to honor the police officers who were ambushed and killed by a BLM supporter, they were told they couldn't and that the NFL wasn't the place for politics......Interesting how this fact never seems to come up in the media or by the lefties here on ATS.
edit on 25-9-2017 by HeadCrunchMcRockGroin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

As long as some people are trying to force politics into sports, might as well support the ones you agree with, which they seem to be doing with no regard to skin color/ethnicity.

Winner indeed.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

I've got nothing against Villanueva(he can do as he wishes) but I DO have issue with some here. I've read more than once that the players kneeling are "attention whores". But this guy is not? He's standing alone. ALL the focus on him. Seems like if it's your politics it's peachy. Hell it's downright Merican. Not your politics? Asshats craving attention. You know who the real jokers are here, right?

And he's being vilified in the media. Do you find anything contradictory and hypocritical about that?

No he isn't but keep making stuff up. Reality will fail eventually.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

When players wanted to honor the police officers who were ambushed and killed by a BLM supporter, they were told they couldn't and that the NFL wasn't the place for politics......Interesting how this fact never seems to come up in the media or by the lefties here on ATS.

It's the righties that own the league that are flipping the bird at Trump for putting his nose in where it didn't belong.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join