It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.......Steelers coach Mike Tomlin rap Alejandro Villanueva, while his jersey sales soar

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: TinfoilTP

"Trump has spoken! And I'm repeating him!"

Wow you guys have to hate this news. I mean wow really sucks for your side and a big win for team America.

Oh yeah.

Buying an athletes jersey is a real win for America.

They're not kidding when they talk about the "poorly educated."

This is why freedom is so great. Some can choose to kneel, sit, others can choose to stand.

Some can #boycotttheNFL, others can support an athlete who stood for the Anthem.

Without even realizing it, these people are taking for granted and seeing the fruits of the very thing they're condemning many athletes for, lol.

I'm not confused at all. It's really rather simple - it's not that "we don't want politics in our sports," it's that "we don't want politics we disagree with in our sports."

This thread is a PERFECT example.

Those who are claiming "no politics in sports are now considering this athlete, who belongs in sports who is selling the most jerseys, as a "win for America," which is indeed political.

It's interesting.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Just like Obama would have said it.....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

"You guys"

Wtf is "you guys?" It seems to me that the people most interested in division and this "you guys" and "your side" twaddle are Trump cultists. I respect Villanueva doing what he felt was appropriate in the situation as much as I respect anyone who decides to take a knee.

So, no, not a "loss" in my book. Just Americans doing what they think is the right thing to do.

You keep trying to project your standards on everyone else as though you are somehow the gatekeepers of what is or isn't appropriate, patriotic, moral, etc and the rest of us will continue doing what we're doing — chiefly, not joining your authoritarian cult.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Quiet people.

Kaps jersey is still the best sellling.

Stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Looks like everyone behind him is standing as well.

link   
I've got nothing against Villanueva(he can do as he wishes) but I DO have issue with some here. I've read more than once that the players kneeling are "attention whores". But this guy is not? He's standing alone. ALL the focus on him. Seems like if it's your politics it's peachy. Hell it's downright Merican. Not your politics? Asshats craving attention. You know who the real jokers are here, right?

link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Wow you guys have to hate this news. I mean wow really sucks for your side and a big win for team America.

Oh yeah.

This is why freedom is so great. Some can choose to kneel, sit, others can choose to stand.

Some can #boycotttheNFL, others can support an athlete who stood for the Anthem.

Without even realizing it, these people are taking for granted and seeing the fruits of the very thing they're condemning many athletes for, lol.

I'm not confused at all. It's really rather simple - it's not that "we don't want politics in our sports," it's that "we don't want politics we disagree with in our sports."

Those who are claiming "no politics in sports are now considering this athlete, who belongs in sports who is selling the most jerseys, as a "win for America," which is indeed political.

It's interesting.

It's not political, it's fan-atical where fans speak with their wallets, the only thing owners will really listen to in the end.

For a while the seats will still fill because the fans will enjoy booing the America haters on the teams, but that will be a passing fad and then they will just stay home and spend their money on something else.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Oh yeah.

It's interesting.

Why must you always try and insult? Talk about poorly edumacted...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

"You guys"

Wtf is "you guys?" It seems to me that the people most interested in division and this "you guys" and "your side" twaddle are Trump cultists. I respect Villanueva doing what he felt was appropriate in the situation as much as I respect anyone who decides to take a knee.

So, no, not a "loss" in my book. Just Americans doing what they think is the right thing to do.

You keep trying to project your standards on everyone else as though you are somehow the gatekeepers of what is or isn't appropriate, patriotic, moral, etc and the rest of us will continue doing what we're doing — chiefly, not joining your authoritarian cult.

Yeah it was a big loss. LOL that is why you are here trying to correct the record . LMAO

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I thought the players had the full support of the NFL to kneel or not, but this guy shows support for the flag, and now he's in the dog house with the league and his team?!

Where are you getting that from? A single line of spin from the Fox News article where the writer claims that the coach "seemed to take swipe?" Because I didn't see it that way at all and here are quotes from his teammates:

One of Villanueva's teammates, Cam Heyward, said "we support our guy Al.

"He feels he had to do it. This guy served our country, and we thank him for it," Heyward told ESPN.

Hubbard, however, said everyone in the locker room accepted that Villanueva would be exempt from the team's decision.

"Al was cool with it, with whatever we went through. He was on board. That's Al, man," Hubbard said. "He's a good guy."

Perhaps you could explain where you came up with this:

and now he's in the dog house with the league and his team?!

Because that doesn't appear to be the case at all and in fact, the reality seems to be completely the reverse.
edit on 2017-9-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yay! More money for the NFL! Oh wait, I thought that's what we were trying to prevent?

Who cares? Go team NF... I mean USA!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

See this is the beauty of free speech.

People are free to be dumb and deal with the repercussions that follow.. for free.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

So do I, for the same reason.

Good for him. He spoke his mind, as is his right. Isn't that the idea? Though for some of you, it appears not.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There is no "loss" here. Every single person practicing what is their right to do. Sounds more like a win-win to me.

Did we just agree on something?????? Should we be worried?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It's easy to follow the crowd. It takes a trite more grit to stand against them.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
People keep saying there shouldnt be a rule and they have their right to free speech. Where is the outrage about the team rule saying no one could go out there?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Not really.ALL sports and athletes are ONLY entertainment, Hernandez was a real Ranger with 3 tours and won a bronze star, Higher valued man.
PLAYERS get paid ONLY heros do their duty.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

It seems most have said leave it to the teams.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

"You guys"

That's rich coming from you...
The only cult I see right now are ones taking a knee because their coach tells them to.
Never forget jr you leftists are the ones that wrote the book on political cults.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Now he is apologizing for it. I have to wonder if he is being made to do this.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

No doubt he is getting threats and coercive comments directed at him now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join