It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Says America Has Declared War.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: fatkid
a reply to: TDawg61

America and Korea have been at war for 60 years....

America and Korea have never been at war, period.

US Casualties

the Pentagon put U.S. Korean War battle deaths at 33,652 and "other deaths" meaning deaths in the war zone from illness, accidents and other non-battle causes at 3,262. That yields a total of 36,914.

Communist Casualties in Korea:

North Korea

215,000–350,000 dead, 303,000 wounded
combined MIA/POW =300,000

China 400,000+ dead, 486,000 wounded
MIA/POW 25,000
7,110 + 14,000 who defected

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
Well damn, they were just feeding meat into our grinders were they? With those numbers, I like our odds!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The whole situation is laughable in its ridiculous hypocrisy.

As though we wouldnt do something if we were surrounded by Russian and Chinese armed forces who forbade us to test our own weapons under threat of attack...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
COULD TRUMP BE SPECULATING ON GOLD COMMODITY FUTURES ? He certainly has the money to and the position to do it. All these inflammatory remarks that have raised tensions may have more than meets the eye. Anytime a major war or global crisis is looming gold increases in value. Would anyone put it past Trump to deliberately drive up the price of gold for his own personal benefit ?
edit on 27-9-2017 by Tomcat1970 because: spelling errors

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Well damn, they were just feeding meat into our grinders were they? With those numbers, I like our odds!

There was a similar discrepancy in the Vietnam War deaths. We were killing them at much higher rates. We lost politically.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785
Well now, it seems decency and political care has gone out the window. Whats going to stop us now? Nothing

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Liberals would let a nuke hit them and then not declare war. They would most likely want to peace love and coexists with NK.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: dashen
Okay. Well seeing as how Pyongyang seems to be the only part of NK above ground not still in the dark ages we only have to drop a few bombs to put them out of commission for good.
Have a snickers rocket man.
Youre a drama queen when you're hangry

Just out of idle curiosity...you folks on the thread who are getting a wettums at the prospect of nuclear war...any of you in active service?

Is it really gonna matter who is active service?
My point is that it's generally a bunch of chickenhawks that thump their chests and send other people's kids off to fight.

Yes, let the old men who start the war, fight the war.

I have no problem with that but that ain't the way it works, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Why are you showing me casualty numbers? That has nothing to do with what I've said.

I'm not an intern working up a resume, and I know full well our history with battles regarding the North Koreans.

There has never been a formal declaration of war from the US with respect to NK, and you guys can conflate it any way you wish, but to make that claim is erroneous and irresponsible. If we had, North Korea would no longer exist, there would be one Korea.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Okay. Well seeing as how Pyongyang seems to be the only part of NK above ground not still in the dark ages we only have to drop a few bombs to put them out of commission for good.
Have a snickers rocket man.
Youre a drama queen when you're hangry

Just out of idle curiosity...you folks on the thread who are getting a wettums at the prospect of nuclear war...any of you in active service?

Is it really gonna matter who is active service?
My point is that it's generally a bunch of chickenhawks that thump their chests and send other people's kids off to fight.

Yes, let the old men who start the war, fight the war.
I have no problem with that but that ain't the way it works, unfortunately.

It never is, is it? At least we can shine a light on them, and call them out!
edit on 27-9-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
The whole situation is laughable in its ridiculous hypocrisy.

As though we wouldnt do something if we were surrounded by Russian and Chinese armed forces who forbade us to test our own weapons under threat of attack...

When has the U.S. or any country forbade NK to test conventional weapons? They test planes, subs, artillery, missiles, and that has never been a problem. People are selectively forgetful.. that NK themselves agreed to not develop or test nuclear weapons. The U.S. delivered on their part of the deal of the agreement. NK reneged. As they have done, repeatedly, against the U.S., the U.N., and other countries.

If you don't see the danger of preventing a country who is threatening nuclear armageddon on their enemies from obtaining nukes, I don't know what to say to you. Some countries don't have the stops in place to allow their country to have nukes. Who reports to Kim? Who says "no" if he says launch? No one? One unstable person having all the power to kill millions should never be allowed. I'd rather no country has nukes, but the answer to countries that have nukes is not to give MORE countries nukes.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sagacity

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: Bicent
I am starting to really watch this closely. Kim, maybe trying to start the war in the winter, which would grant him a fortification advantage in a land war. See historic data.. I don't see this de-escalating... 2 morons wanting to prove something.
I don't see much of a ground war. They will be hit with overwhelming air-power. Keep on poking that dog.

I don't see significant boots on the ground if this thing does go live and people start shooting. Maybe some special operations missions, but not an invasion, at least by U.S. troops.

I believe it would be prudent to provide air/sea support but have the actual boots be S. Koreans. I mean, you have a population that has been told for decades that the Americans are the great satan so things would get ugly if the US sent in actual ground troops.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
I am starting to really watch this closely. Kim, maybe trying to start the war in the winter, which would grant him a fortification advantage in a land war. See historic data.. I don't see this de-escalating... 2 morons wanting to prove something.
I don't see much of a ground war. They will be hit with overwhelming air-power. Keep on poking that dog.

I don't see significant boots on the ground if this thing does go live and people start shooting. Maybe some special operations missions, but not an invasion, at least by U.S. troops.
I see the challenge for our military is to have every single piece of artillary on the south border locked on target.
Hit it in a display of air-power the world has never seen.
NK's first move is going to be knock the hell out of Seoul.
That can not be allowed.

The artillery that has the ability to hit Seoul is indeed a problem, and one of a few reasons NK hasn't already been dealt with. I say it in that quirky was as most of Kim's artillery can't hit Seoul proper, although a good bit can come close.

I would think any successful campaign would have to hit anything that moved along the DMZ so that they could not hit Seoul.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bigdaveyl

Absolutely. To both.
edit on 27-9-2017 by Sagacity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
pls delete
edit on 27-9-2017 by FlyingFox because: error

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bigdaveyl
You think they will mind the help of their fellow Pacific Islanders Australia and maybe like a contingent from Philippines and some Thailand marines?? Those would be the most likely contributors to ground combat forces from the immediate region. With some of our advisors and volunteers just for good spirits .

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
bring it UN-Pause the The Button thats been on Pause... for the past 64 years

The Korean War never officially Ended.. Just a Stand Still.

Just as Simple as that . People.

Some Forget that...

it whether what Country China or Russia
that will Defend the Orwellian Country

I will be Indochina War part 4.

a playground for USA/Europe/NATO and CHINA/RUSSIA/WARSAW

for New Toys , Strategy , Tactics

Just as it was back in 1950-53 with the Korean war
and with Vietnam 1964-75
edit on 42017ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago9270 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
now who would be a better Chess Player ?

Donald Trump or Kim jong Un !

Well we know for Sure
who is a Good Card Player.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I wonder what could be the "most powerful nuclear test in the pacific" as NK said. Is it just a 20 megaton bomb to be slightly bigger than the US biggest test Castel Bravo? Furthermore, Kim said, whatever Trump expects, the actual test will surpass it, (whatever the exact words of Kim were). Sure Trump can expect a normal 20 megaton bomb, if NK mastered the Hydrogen reaction. What is it that even Trump can't expect?

Oppenheimer warned about the possibility of triggering nuclear reaction in the atmospheric N2. That didn't happen so far, not even with the Tsar bomb. However Tsar bomb designed for 100 mgt was scaled down to 57 mgt. For that purpose?

Rand McNally spoke of the possibility of a nuclear tornado made by more than one consequent explosions, that may devastate entire continent if not the planet. NK planned 4 missiles to fly near Guam. Does it intend to make not just "ordinary" hydrogen atmospheric test, but the hypothetical nuclear tornado?

The latest video simulation of fallout reaching the entire US continent and circling around the globe, is bizare , unless we are talking of a much different kind of explosion, namely, nuclear tornado that may involve the atmospheric Nitrogen in the reaction. Although Mr Zerbo doesn't mention it in his model, we know that all the US pacoific atmospheric tests didn't damage the US or the rest of the world. So may be the unknown threat by Kim to make the biggest ever pacific test is not so illusionary. We'd better take it for real, as one US general said.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The passenger or the military one they mistaked for the passenger?

I thought the only downed the passenger over the up north
edit on 30-9-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join