It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Says America Has Declared War.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If a conflict does occur we will see drones used on a scale we haven't seen before. It's not difficult picturing North Korea resembling the ravaged world of Terminator.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Tomcat1970

i agree about the drones but there are weapons that have a LONG stand off range and are networked so in a way the are bomb drones. and can be launched in mass from a C-130 from racks, and i mean ALLOT.

north korea is going down a path that almost assures it and its peoples annihilation

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

What weapons system are you referring to? Curious.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
north korea is going down a path that almost assures it and its peoples annihilation

We have been here before, although much has changed the dilemmas remain the same...

In 1969....

On April 15, 1969, North Korean MiG fighter planes shot down an American EC-121 spy plane flying off the coast of the Korean Peninsula (but still over international waters), killing all 31 crew members.

What was the thinking back then?...

Any attack that didn’t obliterate North Korea’s military power would almost certainly spark a retaliatory attack against South Korea, Japan, and American forces in the region. Yet it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to obliterate North Korea’s military assets. If such an attack were attempted, it would be so large—probably involving nuclear weapons—that China or Russia might be drawn into the war; or even if they weren’t, the moral and political blowback against the United States would be enormous.

www.slate.com...

Same old stuff, new day?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

History does kinda repeat itself sometimes huh? Thanks for the article link.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sagacity
a reply to: ausername

History does kinda repeat itself sometimes huh?

Indeed, and that article shows that many administrations have had to deal with this "crisis" in some form or way over several decades. Ultimately faced with the same dilemmas in some form or another.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Or.. they target military bases, artillery, nuclear testing site, etc.. and most of NK is untouched. Why people think if it came to it, a war with NK means we nuke them or blow the entire country to bits.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

It's called Gremlins. It's not operational yet, but the pieces are all there.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: dashen
Okay. Well seeing as how Pyongyang seems to be the only part of NK above ground not still in the dark ages we only have to drop a few bombs to put them out of commission for good.
Have a snickers rocket man.
Youre a drama queen when you're hangry

Just out of idle curiosity...you folks on the thread who are getting a wettums at the prospect of nuclear war...any of you in active service?

Is it really gonna matter who is active service?
My point is that it's generally a bunch of chickenhawks that thump their chests and send other people's kids off to fight.

Yes, let the old men who start the war, fight the war.

I have no problem with that but that ain't the way it works, unfortunately.

They are fighting the war,,they are just using up the expendable pawns to do it.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz
now who would be a better Chess Player ?

Donald Trump or Kim jong Un !

Well we know for Sure
who is a Good Card Player.

I just wonder whose chess board they are on

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This Kim was not in power 30 years ago. So couldn't make that call

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: penroc3

We have been here before, although much has changed the dilemmas remain the same...

In 1969....

On April 15, 1969, North Korean MiG fighter planes shot down an American EC-121 spy plane flying off the coast of the Korean Peninsula (but still over international waters), killing all 31 crew members.

What was the thinking back then?...

Any attack that didn’t obliterate North Korea’s military power would almost certainly spark a retaliatory attack against South Korea, Japan, and American forces in the region. Yet it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to obliterate North Korea’s military assets. If such an attack were attempted, it would be so large—probably involving nuclear weapons—that China or Russia might be drawn into the war; or even if they weren’t, the moral and political blowback against the United States would be enormous.

www.slate.com...

Same old stuff, new day?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman

Well we know for Sure

well not so sure :

but for the Last 2 major Wars Th
e Great War aka World War One and Wold War II
France was the Chess Board.

the DMZ would be at First .

I would Assume ,

who knows, more Likley
South Korea and North Korea
centered at the DMZ

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Sagacity

It's called Gremlins. It's not operational yet, but the pieces are all there.

Thanks much as always Zaphod, I was curious.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Russia is starting to insert itself into U.S./China/North Korea tensions.

(Reuters) - Russian telecommunications firm TransTeleCom appears to have begun providing a new internet connection to North Korea, supplementing an already existing link from China, 38 North reported on Sunday.

The new connection appeared in internet routing databases at 0908 UTC on Sunday, or around 1738 Pyongyang time, according to the report.

The U.S. Cyber Command has been carrying out denial of service attacks against hackers from North Korea which was due to end on Saturday, the Washington Post reported earlier.

uk.reuters.com... C70D0

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman

Well we know for Sure

I have a hunch its Russian....

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

(Reuters) - Russian telecommunications firm TransTeleCom appears to have begun providing a new internet connection to North Korea, supplementing an already existing link from China, 38 North reported on Sunday.

The new connection appeared in internet routing databases at 0908 UTC on Sunday, or around 1738 Pyongyang time, according to the report.

The U.S. Cyber Command has been carrying out denial of service attacks against hackers from North Korea which was due to end on Saturday, the Washington Post reported earlier.

uk.reuters.com... C70D0

This doesn't surprise me. I can't wait to hear how Trump will react to the news.

I think we're getting closer to an all-out war. Check this out:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I'm a bit late to this party, but here it is: 1) Technically, the United States and DPRK have never been at war. There was no formal declaration. 2) The conflict never ended, it wound down with a cease fire, not a peace treaty therefore 4) If DPRK believes the United States has broken the cease fire it can resume the hostilities with impunity. Finally, 5) If a nation does not subscribe the UNCLOS, it can draw its maritime borders anywhere it wants, like China. What this means is that if the US tests Korean resolve by sending ships or jets into Korea's self determined territory, they can be captured, sunk, or shot down. If captured, the crew can be taken hostage and used as bargaining chips.

Kim has every reason to believe that Trump is bluffing. None of the regional powers want the civil war to rekindle, as it would rapidly escalate to a more general conflict. It is too late to prevent DPRK from becoming a nuclear power; instead, the goal of diplomacy should focus on making the obligations of being a nuclear power clear. If Kim agrees to transparency and monitoring, an Iran style deal might be reached... which is why threatening to cancel that deal at this juncture is not a good idea.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

uk.reuters.com... C70D0

Russia is simply exploiting an opening market. Getting involved there militarily is unlikely. They could scarcely save their assets in Syria, which is closer to the Russian heartland.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

NK has always been at war with the US since US took sides with SK.

Is a historical fact.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
October 23, 2017

It's Getting serious.

The US Air Force is preparing to put nuclear-armed bombers on 24-hour alert for the first time since the Cold War amid escalating tensions with North Korea.

Full Story: www.standard.co.uk... ml

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join