It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Says America Has Declared War.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Trump and Fat Man The Little Boy Kim playing chess:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

North Korea has been moving airplanes and boosting defences on its east coast after the United States dispatched B-1B bombers to the Korean peninsula over the weekend, South Korea's Yonhap News Agency reported on Tuesday, citing the country's spy agency. The United States seemed to have disclosed the flight route of the bombers intentionally because North Korea seemed to be unaware, the report said.

Source

This isn't good. Could this be for offensive purposes, and not defensive?

Edit: Here's a snapshot of a US military flight near NK, currently ongoing, which I found after seeing this on Twitter:

edit on 26-9-2017 by dianajune because: Added pics

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: dashen
Okay. Well seeing as how Pyongyang seems to be the only part of NK above ground not still in the dark ages we only have to drop a few bombs to put them out of commission for good.
Have a snickers rocket man.
Youre a drama queen when you're hangry

Just out of idle curiosity...you folks on the thread who are getting a wettums at the prospect of nuclear war...any of you in active service?

Is it really gonna matter who is active service?

We all on the front lines in a nuke war, honey.

I think fatboy declared war when he sent that poor kid back to die.

Save up for a giger counter.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I'm not active but I just retired last year. Whenever NK came up, many people in the room were tired of them and thought they needed to be dealt with, and that was before this really ramped up like this.

People don't join the military because they're afraid of conflict, if it's justified. Unfortunately, it's a dangerous world out there.

Edit: And no, nobody was saying "we should just nuke the whole country" or whatever other garbage some people may think military types would advocate for in a locker-room talk type atmosphere. Enlisted military are fairly well-educated and aware of the nuances of these issues (with exceptions of course), and we were well-aware that the civilians in NK are not evil people, a lot of them are just brainwashed and oppressed.
edit on 26 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
People continue to discuss the use of nuclear weapons, and I understand, particularly with the rhetoric going back and forth.
It's a concern, without a doubt.

But NK's chemical weapons are something that doesn't come up much. Kim has already demonstrated his willingness to utilize those, albeit in a very small scale. He wasn't very concerned with people tracing it to his regime either. In fact I'd argue it was the exact opposite.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

My son shipped out for the Navy today and I am scared for him that his useless prick will truly start a war with us finally.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I for one, would like to thank him for his service.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
Trump has been quiet on this. His Twitter has been very active but nothing on this situation. Seems odd to me. Almost like NK is prepping an attack and were already prepping for it too. I feel a disturbance in the force.

I think there is an increasing likelihood that the USA and allies in the region are being baited or ultimately provoked into a confrontation with NK as a trap. A proxy war with possible covert and overt indirect involvement on NK's side from China and to varying degrees from Russia and Iran. A potentially devastating and protracted confrontation.

A likelihood I hope is being considered in any strategic planning.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Which is why those atolls they (China) created should never have been allowed. Conflict would shut shipping lanes and push the hands of quite a few countries.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: dashen
Okay. Well seeing as how Pyongyang seems to be the only part of NK above ground not still in the dark ages we only have to drop a few bombs to put them out of commission for good.
Have a snickers rocket man.
Youre a drama queen when you're hangry

Just out of idle curiosity...you folks on the thread who are getting a wettums at the prospect of nuclear war...any of you in active service?

Is it really gonna matter who is active service?
My point is that it's generally a bunch of chickenhawks that thump their chests and send other people's kids off to fight.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

America and Korea have been at war for 60 years....

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

America and Korea have never been at war, period.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
I think there is an increasing likelihood that the USA and allies in the region are being baited or ultimately provoked into a confrontation with NK as a trap.

And who would the beneficiary of this be precisely?

It's a zero sum game.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
And every single last one of those kids volunteered of their own free will. War is the destiny one chooses when they voluntarily sign up for military service. If they need to supplement their numbers though, I will gladly accommodate. As it sits, does not seem to be any shortage of young folks willing and ready to wage war, so whats the complaint? If your not going whats the fuss?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: fatkid

America and Korea have never been at war, period.
You are incorrect. I know guys who fought.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

The confusion there is that the US never formally declared war on North Korea in the 50s. However, the US did vote in the UN Security Council to formally enter into military conflict with North Korea. It amounts to the same thing.

UN Security Council Resolution 84

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
It amounts to the same thing.

For all intents and purposes, it amounts to the same thing, but I think we both know that the technicality sets it worlds apart at the same time.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Not really. Keep in mind at the time the UN was still relatively new. After WW2 they were trying to handle these kinds of things in international bodies like the UN, especially when dealing with the large military powers. A technicality is all it is. We declared war, we just did it through the UN instead of through the US Congress. And Congress still did approve it by appropriating funds for the war. The fact there's no piece of paper somewhere in the national archives that says "We formally declare war on North Korea." doesn't really mean anything practical. It's essentially just an asterisk for history books.
edit on 26 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I don't know if there's any truth to this, but Pastor Paul Begley is claiming there's an unconfirmed report that a South Korean soldier was shot dead in the DMZ:

I will keep looking into this....just curious if anyone else heard. During this video, Pastor Paul said his wife saw this on a South Korean website.

Edit:

Here is what I found on Twitter:

DefCon is saying the reports are that the soldier killed (if this happened at all, that is) was from NK.

edit on 26-9-2017 by dianajune because: Added screenshot

Here's a YouTube video, supposedly about the shooting but it's in Korean. I'm having a very hard time with Google translate re. some of the comments.....

edit on 26-9-2017 by dianajune because: Added video

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join