It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the NFL Teams Not Participating In The National Anthem

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Baddogma
So when black players shut up and entertain, great. When they go beyond their allotted roles , then "how dare they? "

Don't try to spin the reaction towards being about them being black. Hollywood idiots like Katy Perry also get rightfully hammered for sounding like fools with their SJW mantras.

Please don't act like this is not about race. The players kneeling believe there is injustice about police shooting unarmed minorities but the right disagrees but will cry foul when it is an armed white person shot.

The right tells us they are not racist but their actions prove otherwise and of course not all conservatives think this way.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
There's nothing that sets off conservatives worse than black people protesting. What the hell happened to all that "party of Lincoln" bull#? The "Democrats are the real racists! BLAH BLAH KLANBAKE! KLANBAKE!" screeching?

An athlete takes a knee during the national anthem to protest what he sees as social inequality and you lose your collective s#? Was Colin Kaepernick protesting you? Was the half white guy raised by white adopted parents protesting "whitey?" Was he protesting conservatives? Was he protesting Trump supporters? No? None of that?

Are you denying the reality of social inequality or do you just not gaf? What is it?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966
Conservative priorities are such a mess. Homeless people rampant, people in the streets starving, Vets being overlooked when it comes to government care, millions without access to healthcare, gun violence rampant, Drug epidemic, police shootings, companies ripping people off and many more but this is the issue to take offence to.

Liberal priorities are a mess.

All of the problems you listed, and they are concerned with trans bathrooms and pronouns, and removing statues.

And furthermore, thousands of blacks murdered by other blacks every year, but they are focusing on the 10 or so unarmed blacks that were killed by cops this year?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: underwerks

A person that respected the players freedom of speech would let them have their protest, then watch the game and move on with life. Not start foaming at the mouth with the intentions of tanking the NFL if the players don't stop protesting.

I have no legal bailment that requires me to watch another person's protest. They have the right to protest, sure, but do it when not at work. The idea that they somehow get to hold the enjoyment of a football game hostage unless someone watches their silly protest (which again is not really a protest but a temper tantrum because they have no real demands) is ludicrous.

If these players want to protest, go buy a commercial spot during the game (which they are some of the precious few who could afford to do so) or find a street corner and a picket sign. Go play their game like they are being paid to do. I'm not paying them (through ticket sales or TV ratings) to throw their temper fit. It's not their job.

TheRedneck

Why is everyone so offended?

If you aren't a trigger happy cop or a racist, they aren't protesting about you. I don't get why people are so out of sorts over this.

You don't believe their protest is valid? Fine. Let them do what they think is right and get over yourself. Watch the game, get on with life. Or has the propaganda been so good this past time around that you and others can't extricate yourself from your politics, not even long enough to watch a football game?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Conservative priorities are such a mess. Homeless people rampant, people in the streets starving, Vets being overlooked when it comes to government care, millions without access to healthcare, gun violence rampant, Drug epidemic, police shootings, companies ripping people off and many more but this is the issue to take offence to.

Liberal priorities are a bigger mess.
And it's not even close.
Would you like to talk about your feelings and what may offend somebody?
edit on 2017-09-24T22:57:01-05:002201724America/Chicago9 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Grambler

You were amazed? I don't suppose you were listening to conservative talk radio, by any chance?
When I happen to do that, I too am often amazed.

No liberal leaning sports radio.

I don't listen to talk radio really.

link   
NFL sluts...

Define hypocritical.

link   
a reply to: Phage

You don't have to watch.

Exactly!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Snarl

That makes no sense.
It is the public exposure which their job gives them which allows them to do what they are doing.

I can't wait to see what goes down in the International Venue. Maybe the Olympics ... yeah.

You see team USA take a knee for the National Anthem of the USA, but stand respectfully for the anthems of other countries.

These people are disgraceful lunkheads. I'll amend what I said: Don't just walk off the field ... Make like Tina Turner and GTFO!!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

they are concerned with trans bathrooms

Isn't that a conservative problem?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I don't know. Was it conservatives in the ncaa or NBA boycotting North Carolina for their,law?

link   

I can't wait to see what goes down in the International Venue.
You missed it?
www.cbssports.com...

link   

Oh My God.....how did all of that happen in 7 months!!

Don't forget KONY is still out there. Save the Children!

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

a reply to: ColoradoJens

You're still deflecting? Lol. I thought you were on about Wall St and Big Pharma. Now you deflected to inequality?

I know what it is. Minorities are victims of inequality, so much so to the point Asians are the top earners in America and out-earn the evil white man.

That's cool. If you can't see the correlation to the racist practices of the biggest money makers in the US and why pro athletes kneel during the national anthem than I can't help you.

Lol. You should pivot to aliens next.

BTW, they're not kneeling to protest Big Pharma, they're kneeling to protest black lives not mattering enough.

Aliens, as far as I know, aren't racists.

Now to your second point, just use your head for a minute and think...why would they feel lie their lives don't matter enough? Just go nuts and throw some stuff out.

Because the number one cause of death for young black men is murder by other young black men, and the media and culture ignores this?

No. But there is a reason that stat exists and it isn't because blacks are some subhuman animals.

Who said they were.

Let me try again then.

Do they feel that their lives don't matter because they are treated like children by some that do not give them the dignity of having personal responsibilty?

I think the baseball player guy you were referencing thinks they are animals.

I don't know what you are trying to say with that last part. I know a lot of idiots who are not personally responsible and most of them wouldn't take on the personal responsibility of putting their jobs on the line to speak up about the injustices done to them. See how I did that?

No clevenger said the blm people rioting and those supporting them were animals.

What I meant by my last sentence was that some people claim that it's not black people's fault they commit crime, or that black people can't be racist, or that black people need special treatment to achieve in schoo l or the work place.

You know, treating them like chdren with no responsibility that need to be protected.

Yes, if I was black, that would offend me and make me question of those doing that thought my life mattered.

I understand. Some people claim it isn't their fault they commit massive fraud by inventing toxic CDO's and selling them to the uneducated public; some people claim just because they wear nazi gear, preach hatred of Jews, blacks, etc doesn't mean they aren't peace loving fun to hang with homies.

How about all of those in the Red States on welfare who hate other people on welfare?
How about the typical and historically overused idea that white people use all the time of "immigrants are taking my job" when in reality most of them are those people complaining about others on welfare?

Sure those peoe are wrong. Personal responsibility is a wonderful thing.

But I don't see huge movements in academia, the media, political world, sports world, and hollywood to make excuses for the Nazis and say it not their fault, or even for poor white people.

When is the last time you have heard a large group claiming poor white people can't be racist, or That white people shouldn't be judged for crimes the commit because of the circumstances they live in.

Yet some people treat blacks like children and take away that which makes us who we are, our personal responsibility.

Hmmm. Making excuses or righting a wrong.

The last time I knew that white people would not be judged (even more definitive than shouldn't) because of the circumstances they live in was the last time Wall Street tried to destroy our economy. One banker - ONE - was held accountable. That is a fact.

Who had to take responsibility for it? You and me. And why? Because there was a movement, brought by the US government, to BAIL them out, give them a get out of jail free card and then charge me. Guess the US Govt treats Wall Street like children and takes away what makes them who they are, their own personal responsibility.

one guy went to jail while all the other white guys didn't
edit on 24-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

It's a plumbing problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

It's a plumbing problem.

Ok I gave you a star for making a funny.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

People took off their jerseys, shirts, hats... changed the channels at the bars to Soccer. There were 3 block parties here today. Everyone..and I mean everyone got up and left or changed it to soccer as well. And Steeler lawn ornaments came down and pitched to the corner for garbage pickup here in the morning.

I chose to watch the game... and wait to hear what Coach Tomlin and Art Rooney had to say about it at the end of the game. He didn't want to disrepect the National Anthem, but at the same time he had this to say about what the President said...

****photo coming*****

Alejandro Villanueva btw said that when you make 60 Million a year....
This is not the way to handle things.

edit on 24-9-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I don't know. Was it conservatives in the ncaa or NBA boycotting North Carolina for their,law?

Nobody cared for years until Fundies made a fuss about it.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

That makes no sense.
It is the public exposure which their job gives them which allows them to do what they are doing.

I can't wait to see what goes down in the International Venue. Maybe the Olympics ... yeah.

You see team USA take a knee for the National Anthem of the USA, but stand respectfully for the anthems of other countries.

These people are disgraceful lunkheads. I'll amend what I said: Don't just walk off the field ... Make like Tina Turner and GTFO!!

It happened today.

The jaguars and ravens played in London and many players stood for God save the queen but kneeled for the star spangled banner.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Liberal priorities are a mess.

All of the problems you listed, and they are concerned with trans bathrooms and pronouns, and removing statues.

And furthermore, thousands of blacks murdered by other blacks every year, but they are focusing on the 10 or so unarmed blacks that were killed by cops this year?

Everything but the murdered blacks are conservative issues.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join