It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the NFL Teams Not Participating In The National Anthem

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

"We will not stand for the injustice that has plagued people of color in this country. Out of love for our country and in honor of the sacrifices made on our behalf, we unite to oppose those that would deny our most basic freedoms," the Seahawks players said in the statement.

Am left wondering why the players don't simply tear up their contracts and walk away forever. That would sure teach those racist, hot dog eatin', flag wavin' b-tards. /sarc

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: MysticPearl

a reply to: ColoradoJens

You're still deflecting? Lol. I thought you were on about Wall St and Big Pharma. Now you deflected to inequality?

I know what it is. Minorities are victims of inequality, so much so to the point Asians are the top earners in America and out-earn the evil white man.

That's cool. If you can't see the correlation to the racist practices of the biggest money makers in the US and why pro athletes kneel during the national anthem than I can't help you.

Lol. You should pivot to aliens next.

BTW, they're not kneeling to protest Big Pharma, they're kneeling to protest black lives not mattering enough.

Aliens, as far as I know, aren't racists.

Now to your second point, just use your head for a minute and think...why would they feel lie their lives don't matter enough? Just go nuts and throw some stuff out.

Because the number one cause of death for young black men is murder by other young black men, and the media and culture ignores this?

No. But there is a reason that stat exists and it isn't because blacks are some subhuman animals.

Who said they were.

Let me try again then.

Do they feel that their lives don't matter because they are treated like children by some that do not give them the dignity of having personal responsibilty?

I think the baseball player guy you were referencing thinks they are animals.

I don't know what you are trying to say with that last part. I know a lot of idiots who are not personally responsible and most of them wouldn't take on the personal responsibility of putting their jobs on the line to speak up about the injustices done to them. See how I did that?

No clevenger said the blm people rioting and those supporting them were animals.

What I meant by my last sentence was that some people claim that it's not black people's fault they commit crime, or that black people can't be racist, or that black people need special treatment to achieve in schoo l or the work place.

You know, treating them like chdren with no responsibility that need to be protected.

Yes, if I was black, that would offend me and make me question of those doing that thought my life mattered.

I understand. Some people claim it isn't their fault they commit massive fraud by inventing toxic CDO's and selling them to the uneducated public; some people claim just because they wear nazi gear, preach hatred of Jews, blacks, etc doesn't mean they aren't peace loving fun to hang with homies.

How about all of those in the Red States on welfare who hate other people on welfare?
How about the typical and historically overused idea that white people use all the time of "immigrants are taking my job" when in reality most of them are those people complaining about others on welfare?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TheRedneck

Go cook up some nachos.

Imagine what would happen if you said fried chicken?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

a reply to: MysticPearl
Excuse me?
This is what you said:

Name a single athlete protesting 911 or the Iraq war. I'll wait.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're arguing these guys kneeling this weekend are protesting the Iraq war?

No, I'm not.

Then provide a link for Steve Nash currently protesting the Iraq war or as I asked, any athlete protesting the Iraq war, not protested years ago.

This current fake outrage has nothing to do with Iraq.

edit on 24-9-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm also pretty sure you're allowed to protest something about your country and still love being here. Too many people quick to try and label others in a nice little category for their actions.

link   
a reply to: Snarl

That makes no sense.
It is the public exposure which their job gives them which allows them to do what they are doing.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Who doesnt like nachos and fried chicken?

link   
Your request was non specific as to time frame.

Name a single athlete protesting 911 or the Iraq war.

I'll wait.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
Conservative priorities are such a mess. Homeless people rampant, people in the streets starving, Vets being overlooked when it comes to government care, millions without access to healthcare, gun violence rampant, Drug epidemic, police shootings, companies ripping people off and many more but this is the issue to take offence to.

link   
If you are getting too caught up in this please remember the teams who do it right. The Packers and Patriots are two I can think of on a whim.

Really cool tweet from Aaron Rodgers on the practice field this last week. That is the sort of unity mankind needs.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
So when black players shut up and entertain, great. When they go beyond their allotted roles , then "how dare they? "

Don't try to spin the reaction towards being about them being black. Hollywood idiots like Katy Perry also get rightfully hammered for sounding like fools with their SJW mantras.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You were amazed? I don't suppose you were listening to conservative talk radio, by any chance?
When I happen to do that, I too am often amazed.

link   
I could pick up a turd in one hand, and how much I care in the other.
I give a rat's ass about football and politics pretty much equally.
Turn off the damn television. It will rot your brain.

link   

Excuse me?
This is what you said:

Name a single athlete protesting 911 or the Iraq war. I'll wait.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're arguing these guys kneeling this weekend are protesting the Iraq war?

No, I'm not.

Then provide a link for Steve Nash currently protesting the Iraq war or as I asked, any athlete protesting the Iraq war, not protested years ago.

This current fake outrage has nothing to do with Iraq.

Why would someone protest today a war that isn't even a war anymore? Are you looking for examples of people who protest the Spanish American war, currently? Seriously obtuse.

link   
a reply to: Phage

It's a thread about current events and current protests. I see no athletes currently protesting Iraq/911.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You're still deflecting? Lol. I thought you were on about Wall St and Big Pharma. Now you deflected to inequality?

I know what it is. Minorities are victims of inequality, so much so to the point Asians are the top earners in America and out-earn the evil white man.

That's cool. If you can't see the correlation to the racist practices of the biggest money makers in the US and why pro athletes kneel during the national anthem than I can't help you.

Lol. You should pivot to aliens next.

BTW, they're not kneeling to protest Big Pharma, they're kneeling to protest black lives not mattering enough.

Aliens, as far as I know, aren't racists.

Now to your second point, just use your head for a minute and think...why would they feel lie their lives don't matter enough? Just go nuts and throw some stuff out.

Because the number one cause of death for young black men is murder by other young black men, and the media and culture ignores this?

No. But there is a reason that stat exists and it isn't because blacks are some subhuman animals.

Who said they were.

Let me try again then.

Do they feel that their lives don't matter because they are treated like children by some that do not give them the dignity of having personal responsibilty?

I think the baseball player guy you were referencing thinks they are animals.

I don't know what you are trying to say with that last part. I know a lot of idiots who are not personally responsible and most of them wouldn't take on the personal responsibility of putting their jobs on the line to speak up about the injustices done to them. See how I did that?

No clevenger said the blm people rioting and those supporting them were animals.

What I meant by my last sentence was that some people claim that it's not black people's fault they commit crime, or that black people can't be racist, or that black people need special treatment to achieve in schoo l or the work place.

You know, treating them like chdren with no responsibility that need to be protected.

Yes, if I was black, that would offend me and make me question of those doing that thought my life mattered.

I understand. Some people claim it isn't their fault they commit massive fraud by inventing toxic CDO's and selling them to the uneducated public; some people claim just because they wear nazi gear, preach hatred of Jews, blacks, etc doesn't mean they aren't peace loving fun to hang with homies.

How about all of those in the Red States on welfare who hate other people on welfare?
How about the typical and historically overused idea that white people use all the time of "immigrants are taking my job" when in reality most of them are those people complaining about others on welfare?

Sure those peoe are wrong. Personal responsibility is a wonderful thing.

But I don't see huge movements in academia, the media, political world, sports world, and hollywood to make excuses for the Nazis and say it not their fault, or even for poor white people.

When is the last time you have heard a large group claiming poor white people can't be racist, or That white people shouldn't be judged for crimes the commit because of the circumstances they live in.

Yet some people treat blacks like children and take away that which makes us who we are, our personal responsibility.

link   
a reply to: Phage

When I protested the Vietnam war I was supporting my country. Not the stupid # it does.

Of course. But, this is not the same situation, you old fart

This is not war. This is media and people on TV ( that mostly probably are being influenced by others) taking opportunity to do stupid things on TV.

I have no problem with you protesting this. I have a problem with the media and now the players of the media.

Vegas certainly is not cool with this progression.

link   

It's a thread about current events and current protests. I see no athletes currently protesting Iraq/911.

Ok.
But both things happened a while back so...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

If you followed along, you'd see I wasn't the one who brought it up. I responded to someone who brought it up.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

I have a problem with you claiming that these football players hate America.

People told me that I hated America. I didn't.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join