It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the NFL Teams Not Participating In The National Anthem

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: underwerks

It's kind of funny seeing people who supposedly champion free speech vowing to boycott the NFL in hopes of silencing the players protest.

This couldn't have worked better. The players of one of the most popular sports in America have exposed the glaring hypocrisy in a huge chunk of the population, with one move. Bravo.

And right on to everyone who sat out the anthem or took a knee today. I applaud you for not letting a politician bully you into doing something against your conscience.

And here we are again.

How does disagreeing or boycotting something equal not believing in free speech?

Isn't the point of the boycott to cause a dip in revenue and force the owners to make the players not protest? To stop them protesting the anthem (exercising their free speech) and bend to your will of how you believe they should act?

A person that respected the players freedom of speech would let them have their protest, then watch the game and move on with life. Not start foaming at the mouth with the intentions of tanking the NFL if the players don't stop protesting.

I don't think you understand freedom of speech.

So if I chose to not watch fox news, and tell others also to stop watching, because I think they are biased, I am disrespecting free speech?

That is ridiculous.

Fox news isn't a person. So, not the same thing.

If you started a boycott campaign against the hosts of a Fox news show with the goal of forcing Fox News to make them stop expressing a particular opinion, then yes, you would be.

That's what is happening here.

Why do you celebrate the protest you like, but decry the protest you disgree with as anti free speech?

When protests infringe on others free speech that's wrong, right?

Why do you want to economically force them to stop protesting?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: canuckster
If you asshats put as much time, energy and money into # that really mattered instead of watching and worshipping this glorified public distraction you might get some things done.

Now where's my nascar hat and Budweiser.

This is basically true.

But many people have stressful lives. They get into entertainment because it is a useful escape.

Hollywood and tv has become increasingly political and overwhelmingly left wing.

But sports has been there as a escape from it all for many fans.

And now, the same people that were called deplorables or clinging to guns and bibles, those in flyover country that are constantly mocked or brow beaten or ignored have to be lectured to while watching sports.

Culture is important, and people are starting to get fed up with the smug wealthy leftists that look down their nose at them.

So although there are more pressing issue, this may be the one that makes many people snap.

link   
a reply to: Phage

I know you don't live in the state of denial.

You do remember that the man inadvertently admitted to it in his leaked emails and that shortly after that revelation the MSM and the liberal elite, in their desire to keep the narrative going, changed its moniker from Global Warming to Climate Change.

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MysticPearl

Is your interwebs broke?
www.theatlantic.com...
www.nydailynews.com...

I said protesting, not did protest in 2015.

You're arguing these guys kneeling this weekend are protesting the Iraq war?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Good god man , just Goole their charity works why don't chya , Curry is involved in combatting malaria through the United Nations among other things, Kevin Durant is involved in mentoring and education of low income kids.
But again your purpose is make them out to be rich whiny self-centered lil bitches.
BTW no mentioning of White players who bend the knee??.
edit on 24-9-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
The idea that they somehow get to hold the enjoyment of a football game hostage unless someone watches their silly protest (which again is not really a protest but a temper tantrum because they have no real demands) is ludicrous.

You know the anthem goes on whether they protest or not, right? Nothing is being held hostage. Nothing is being delayed to accommodate the players choosing to kneel. The game itself is not being hindered in any way whatsoever.

link   
a reply to: infolurker

I think they betrayed their loyalties by mounting this kind of protest ie: Hollywood, MSM cronies, etc. maybe even at the behest of powerful Democrats like Clinton and Obama who are still all wired into the same network.

What Trump said might not have landed well with the black players, but what they've now gone and done in response is even worse, because it divides the whole country.

Absurd.

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Black_Fox
. If they're not on the field, they can't protest. Now we can get back to sports instead of politics.

Nope, that ship left already. It's never going back to just sports.

The NFL, their owners and their players will pay the economic price for these actions or non actions.

Any TV channel or entity that bids an NFL contract that pays more than the previous contracts are fools.

Shot themselves in the foot with this. They have only themselves to blame for this. You can expect a Certain code of conduct from your players/employees. All of the owners know that, you don't get to be Billionaires and have your employees harm your business by their actions. The owners think this won't harm the cash flow.......they are wrong I'm pretty sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

The idea that they somehow get to hold the enjoyment of a football game hostage unless someone watches their silly protest (which again is not really a protest but a temper tantrum because they have no real demands) is ludicrous.

How long do you figure the National Anthem takes? You don't have to watch.
Go cook up some nachos.

You don't cook nachos. You make nachos.
Where are you from?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It's kind of funny seeing people who supposedly champion free speech vowing to boycott the NFL in hopes of silencing the players protest.

This couldn't have worked better. The players of one of the most popular sports in America have exposed the glaring hypocrisy in a huge chunk of the population, with one move. Bravo.

And right on to everyone who sat out the anthem or took a knee today. I applaud you for not letting a politician bully you into doing something against your conscience.

And here we are again.

How does disagreeing or boycotting something equal not believing in free speech?

Isn't the point of the boycott to cause a dip in revenue and force the owners to make the players not protest? To stop them protesting the anthem (exercising their free speech) and bend to your will of how you believe they should act?

A person that respected the players freedom of speech would let them have their protest, then watch the game and move on with life. Not start foaming at the mouth with the intentions of tanking the NFL if the players don't stop protesting.

I don't think you understand freedom of speech.

So if I chose to not watch fox news, and tell others also to stop watching, because I think they are biased, I am disrespecting free speech?

That is ridiculous.

Fox news isn't a person. So, not the same thing.

If you started a boycott campaign against the hosts of a Fox news show with the goal of forcing Fox News to make them stop expressing a particular opinion, then yes, you would be.

That's what is happening here.

Why do you celebrate the protest you like, but decry the protest you disgree with as anti free speech?

When protests infringe on others free speech that's wrong, right?

Why do you want to economically force them to stop protesting?

Unreal. So if I don't give money to a protest or I suggest other people not give them money, I am infringing on their free speech?

Wow.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Excuse me?
This is what you said:

Name a single athlete protesting 911 or the Iraq war. I'll wait.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're arguing these guys kneeling this weekend are protesting the Iraq war?

No, I'm not.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Go cook up some nachos.

I grew up thinking that I should support the country I grew up in.

Maybe the players should start pissing on the flag too. #flagpiss

That would be great, wouldn't it?

We're pretty close to that, sadly.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Steelers went to play football. Not to get mixed up in the BS according to coach Mike Tomlin.

So they opted to remain in the locker room instead. There were a few that supported the protest..... however the damage was already done.

One player... One Damn guy did the right thing. But some say he's a traitor.

Alejandro Villanueva

"Former Army Ranger Alejandro Villanueva stood outside the tunnel alone during the national anthem.
Alejandro Villanueva (born September 22, 1988) is an American football offensive tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League (NFL). Villanueva is also a major in the United States Army, in which he served as an Army Ranger and was decorated with a Bronze Star for valor. He played college football for the Army Black Knights, being recruited at one position and playing three others during the course of his career. After serving three tours of duty in Afghanistan, he signed a contract with the Eagles on May 5, 2014, after working out in a regional showcase."~wiki

Edit:

Getting JADED by these millionaire Millennials...
edit on 25-9-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

a reply to: TheRedneck

Go cook up some nachos.

You don't cook nachos. You make nachos.
Where are you from?

You did it again.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
They're too busy playing pocket pool to sit down with Trump and actually try to enact change. Sheep in wolf's clothing.
edit on 24-9-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

I grew up thinking that I should support the country I grew up in.

Me too.
When I protested the Vietnam war I was supporting my country. Not the stupid # it does.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
So when black players shut up and entertain, great. When they go beyond their allotted roles , then "how dare they? "

And as far as protest meaning they "hate their country"... uh, no. They love it enough to try to make it better.

Now I wish people would start mass protests against government overreach, corruption, extra constitutional surveillance and such, and really prove they love the U.S. ... as this country was intended, anyway, despite it's genocidal, slave owning, meddling warts.

But man, some of you are so overtly racist and condescending and I'm not really sure you can see it. Try for some empathy ...and remember even the rich, "blessed" sports figures deal with daily slights and humiliations, and using their visibility to draw attention to their poorer, powerless bretheren is also admirable in spirit. At least they aren't violent... peaceful protest is a GOOD thing... .even when some think it "silly."

link   
I'll make a prediction...

Eventually, all of these 'businesses' will wise up to the fact that they've cut their marketplace in half. When the pendulum swings to correct, you can bet it will over correct.

Complain about your self-given right to protest on the job now, because later you won't be able to protest even on your own free time. Mark my words.

The more absurd the behavior, the more absurd the reaction.

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

• I have not yet heard what they want to accomplish in a protest. For a protest to be a protest, there must be at least one demand that is reasonable. Therefore, this is not a protest, but an inappropriate temper tantrum.

• And there it is. This seems like they're just wearing their racism on their jerseys.

Do they protest all the others besides blacks whom are subject to police brutality?

Didn't think so.
    edit on 24-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
    a reply to: Bigburgh

I was amazed by the amount of disgust I heard from many many people online, on the radio, and in person arou,d Pittsburgh today about the Steelers not coming out for the anthem.

Did you hear this also?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join