It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the NFL Teams Not Participating In The National Anthem

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: underwerks
It's kind of funny seeing people who supposedly champion free speech vowing to boycott the NFL in hopes of silencing the players protest.

This couldn't have worked better. The players of one of the most popular sports in America have exposed the glaring hypocrisy in a huge chunk of the population, with one move. Bravo.

And right on to everyone who sat out the anthem or took a knee today. I applaud you for not letting a politician bully you into doing something against your conscience.

And here we are again.

How does disagreeing or boycotting something equal not believing in free speech?

Isn't the point of the boycott to cause a dip in revenue and force the owners to make the players not protest? To stop them protesting the anthem (exercising their free speech) and bend to your will of how you believe they should act?

A person that respected the players freedom of speech would let them have their protest, then watch the game and move on with life. Not start foaming at the mouth with the intentions of tanking the NFL if the players don't stop protesting.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I cannot believe the amount of people who have gotten their knickers in a twist over this nonsense. Whether it's here on ATS or elsewhere on the internet I've been getting my share of laughs from all the faux outrage over this complete non issue.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

It's kind of funny seeing people who supposedly champion free speech vowing to boycott the NFL in hopes of silencing the players protest.

This couldn't have worked better. The players of one of the most popular sports in America have exposed the glaring hypocrisy in a huge chunk of the population, with one move. Bravo.

And right on to everyone who sat out the anthem or took a knee today. I applaud you for not letting a politician bully you into doing something against your conscience.

And here we are again.

How does disagreeing or boycotting something equal not believing in free speech?

Isn't the point of the boycott to cause a dip in revenue and force the owners to make the players not protest? To stop them protesting the anthem (exercising their free speech) and bend to your will of how you believe they should act?

A person that respected the players freedom of speech would let them have their protest, then watch the game and move on with life. Not start foaming at the mouth with the intentions of tanking the NFL if the players don't stop protesting.

I don't think you understand freedom of speech.

So if I chose to not watch fox news, and tell others also to stop watching, because I think they are biased, I am disrespecting free speech?

That is ridiculous.

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

a reply to: ColoradoJens

You're still deflecting? Lol. I thought you were on about Wall St and Big Pharma. Now you deflected to inequality?

I know what it is. Minorities are victims of inequality, so much so to the point Asians are the top earners in America and out-earn the evil white man.

That's cool. If you can't see the correlation to the racist practices of the biggest money makers in the US and why pro athletes kneel during the national anthem than I can't help you.

Lol. You should pivot to aliens next.

BTW, they're not kneeling to protest Big Pharma, they're kneeling to protest black lives not mattering enough.

Aliens, as far as I know, aren't racists.

Now to your second point, just use your head for a minute and think...why would they feel lie their lives don't matter enough? Just go nuts and throw some stuff out.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
You introduce politics into entertainment, then really. . . it stops being entertainment and starts to sound like a lecture.

politics always was in entertainment... it just used to be politics you agreed with.

link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

This protest was not about anything but their hatred of Trump. Not the flag, not the anthem, just pure unadulterated anti-Trumpism.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I always look at who ISNT making any noise in these sort of occurences,what is the NFL itself's position,the team owners and their corporations/interests saying if there's nothing but the sound of crickets then Id say your looking at a case of useful idiocy

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum
The owners have actually been quite vocal, actually.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You're still deflecting? Lol. I thought you were on about Wall St and Big Pharma. Now you deflected to inequality?

I know what it is. Minorities are victims of inequality, so much so to the point Asians are the top earners in America and out-earn the evil white man.

That's cool. If you can't see the correlation to the racist practices of the biggest money makers in the US and why pro athletes kneel during the national anthem than I can't help you.

BTW, they're not kneeling to protest Big Pharma, they're kneeling to protest black lives not mattering enough.

Now to your second point, just use your head for a minute and think...why would they feel lie their lives don't matter enough? Just go nuts and throw some stuff out.

Because the number one cause of death for young black men is murder by other young black men, and the media and culture ignores this?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

This protest was not about anything but their hatred of Trump. Not the flag, not the anthem, just pure unadulterated anti-Trumpism.

The stuff today?
Yeah. I would say that's true. A reaction to his idiotic statement and tweets.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Because the number one cause of death for young black men is murder by other young black men, and the media and culture ignores this?

No. But there is a reason that stat exists and it isn't because blacks are some subhuman animals.
edit on 24-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don't think the media does ignore black on black killing, actually. Nor do I think the "culture" does.
My opinion, of course.
crim e

A few odd results. Maybe you can clean up the search terms.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: fiverx313

And what are they protesting? Too many black criminals get themselves shot? (AKA violent black criminals should get to run amok)

They also may protest the white criminals, WHO NEVER GET CAUGHT, who did 911, the fake Iraq war and the 2008 depression.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Maybe they are too stupid to understand that casting Kaepernick as having contempt for the flag is like saying Rosa Parks told the Montgomery city transportation worker, “Nah, I’m good,” because she hated buses. Martin Luther King Jr., John Lewis and the Selma, Ala., citizens who fought for the right to vote must’ve hated the Edmund Pettus Bridge, according to their logic.

In fact, on December 13, 1773, when those men in Boston boarded British ships and held the protest that would spark the flame that became the United States of America, I’m willing to bet no one was stupid enough to say: “Hey guys, I hate taxation without representation as much as anyone ... but why we gotta be so disrespectful to the tea?”

This was never about the anthem.

This Was Never About the Anthem
edit on 24-9-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Trump dumped a big stinky one on the NFL and NBA. They had little choice but to respond somehow. They weren't looking to make a political statement. He called on them to make one. They did. I'd say, all in all, the games got played right? No riots broke out.

Trump is out of groups to attack, almost.

Tick Tock. Who's next?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Who gives a rats backside?

Does their reasoning make the outrage over the irrelevant behavior of professional athletes any less pathetic?

link   
a reply to: Phage

Sorry Im Australian just checked the NFL owners tend to contribute to Republican causes,70 per cent of NFL players are African Americans,55 per cent come from poorer backgrounds and their average iq is 4-7 points higher than the average for their demographic I can see some point to the players point of view,my point of view is why do anthems have to be played at non-international events its only domestic sport.

link   

Because most are products of broken homes and their own communities think shooting one another over what color their hats are substitutes for their lives mattering.
edit on 24-9-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

link   

And here we are again.

I don't think you understand freedom of speech.

So if I chose to not watch fox news, and tell others also to stop watching, because I think they are biased, I am disrespecting free speech?

That is ridiculous.

Fox news isn't a person. So, not the same thing.

If you started a boycott campaign against the hosts of a Fox news show with the goal of forcing Fox News to make them stop expressing a particular opinion, then yes, you would be.

That's what is happening here.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: fiverx313

And what are they protesting? Too many black criminals get themselves shot? (AKA violent black criminals should get to run amok)

They also may protest the white criminals, WHO NEVER GET CAUGHT, who did 911, the fake Iraq war and the 2008 depression.

This.

But no, they are black and make money thus we need to demand they get put in their place because they kneel. Do NOT open your eyes to the crimes of big $, just focus on the black guys. The US is good at doing this with anyone from Mexico too.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join