It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the NFL Teams Not Participating In The National Anthem

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Grambler

He has every right to say it. His employer is also free to divest themselves of the association with someone who demumanizes his targets.

A few employers out here would appreciate a little divestment of the S.O.B spouting President. He too is a liability and an embarrassment.

Peace

Exactly the point.

The employers decided it would be bad for business.

This isn't about free speech for all of those screaming about trump, it's not about heroically standing up for something.

Its not a first amendment issue.

Its about people that support the protest supporting it, and those against it not liking it.

And it shows that all of those, particularly in the sports media world, that are claiming to just want to protect noble people using their platform to voice their opinions are hypocrites.

No, no, no.
We will stand up for your right to say it. We're not guaranteeing a positive response.

Bringing other's over to that way of thinking, no that's on the seller.

If what you are protesting sucks as an issue and nobody else agrees, you aren't getting a protester parade.

That is what I believe too.

However, all of those in the sports media and on here shouting about first amendment rights, or how patriotic protesting is, or how people shouldn't be fired for their opinions is full of it, and they only make a stink when it's a cause they believe in.

edit on 24-9-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Hollywood is complaining about the massive drop in ticket sales.
The NFL has already seen something like a 15% decrease in viewers.
The NBA and MLB may be next.

You introduce politics into entertainment, then really. . . it stops being entertainment and starts to sound like a lecture.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

You're still deflecting? Lol. I thought you were on about Wall St and Big Pharma. Now you deflected to inequality?

I know what it is. Minorities are victims of inequality, so much so to the point Asians are the top earners in America and out-earn the evil white man.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
As busy as my private life is atm, I have to stop by and say my peace.
  • Trump can have any opinion he wants. Trump can express any opinion he wants. I happen to agree with him on this issue.

• I don't tune into a football game to watch political statements. I tune into Fox News to watch political statements, and CNN if I ever watch to watch silly, childish, uninformed political statements. That's why I have this thing called a "remote" with buttons that let me change between a selection of over a hundred channels.

• These are not children. These are adults who apparently cannot fathom the concept of having a job to do and doing it. Instead, they seem to think they can just do as they choose, when they choose, how they choose, and they shouldn't suffer any consequences for it. On second thought, maybe they are children, just in adult bodies.

• I have not yet heard what they want to accomplish in a protest. For a protest to be a protest, there must be at least one demand that is reasonable. Therefore, this is not a protest, but an inappropriate temper tantrum.

• Trump doesn't need to call for a boycott. I quit trying to follow the NFL when the big stink was being made about my once-beloved Redskins. That was an unwanted implementation of political nonsense into an otherwise enjoyable form of entertainment, and this latest fiasco has been worse. The boycott was called for already by those fools who wanted to rename a team over some imagined political directive, by the fool who wanted to make a big statement on national TV by acting childish in the first place in an attempt to insult the fans who pay his salary, and now by the pundits who want to use the once-great sport of football to further some silly political agenda.

• If I owned the team, anyone who made any such protest would be fired on the spot, on national TV, right in front of their fans, and blackballed from ever playing for me again. Owners of companies (and an NFL team is a franchised company of the NFL) get to fire people who they employ, when they want and how they want.

• These goofballs who claim some sort of racial argument are multi-millionaires who make more than most CEOs, who have minor celebrity status, for running over other people. Talk about a sweet deal! If there's any discrimination in this country surrounding any aspect of their lives, it's the fact that THEY are "privileged" and should be the ones protested, not the ones protesting. What gives them the right to make hundreds of millions of dollars when others are suffering in poverty? They are the oppressors, because it's their paychecks that make game tickets so expensive that poor people can't even afford to see them.

• The absolute morons who want to make this a big issue, on both sides, need to sit down, shut up, and quit trying to improve anything. It's because of these social INJUSTICE wannabes that I will never get a chance to watch the elephants in a circus, nor will my children, my grandchildren, ad infinitum. The same brainless wonders would love to see KFC, Chik-Fil-A, and any fast food joint that doesn't cater to their narrow (un)minded opinions shut down too. Now they want to make sure I will never attend an NFL game, because they are destroying the fan base, and therefore are destroying the industry itself. To these wastes of perfectly good oxygen, I have one thing to say:

SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, AND LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE.

My 2 cents.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It's kind of funny seeing people who supposedly champion free speech vowing to boycott the NFL in hopes of silencing the players protest.

This couldn't have worked better. The players of one of the most popular sports in America have exposed the glaring hypocrisy in a huge chunk of the population, with one move. Bravo.

And right on to everyone who sat out the anthem or took a knee today. I applaud you for not letting a politician bully you into doing something against your conscience.

And here we are again.

How does disagreeing or boycotting something equal not believing in free speech?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Funny how

The source added, "If Trump thought he could divide the NFL, he was wrong." .

because the NFL is definitely divided now
edit on 24-9-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: underwerks
It's kind of funny seeing people who supposedly champion free speech vowing to boycott the NFL in hopes of silencing the players protest.

This couldn't have worked better. The players of one of the most popular sports in America have exposed the glaring hypocrisy in a huge chunk of the population, with one move. Bravo.

And right on to everyone who sat out the anthem or took a knee today. I applaud you for not letting a politician bully you into doing something against your conscience.

And here we are again.

How does disagreeing or boycotting something equal not believing in free speech?

Apparently, free speech only exists if you agree with them.

Anything else and you will be denied the right to express yourself.

It's standard.

link   

I think Trump should be fired for what he says. Does that help? Probably not.

link   
a reply to: underwerks

Boycotting is free speech too.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: notsure1

a reply to: notsure1

Not different.

The court disagrees with your opinion. Thank you

Where the eff is a court ruling on NFL players? I think the court ruling says they cant do that as employees did you even read it?

The football players are not government employees nor are they making a religious statement.

BS you see how many black pastors and churches are in support of BLM???? It could easily be construed as religious statements

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You don't see the irony?

They are sitting down. That's what's pissing some people off.
edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I think Trump should be fired for what he says. Does that help? Probably not.

No that's what is great about free speech.

I have no proof, but I am telling from the reaction of the people I heard around Pittsburgh today,

I think ALOT of people are fed up with being lectured to by hollywood, the media, academics, and now the NFL.

I think that the NFL doubling down on these protests may hurt them bigly.

You have the right to your opinion, trump to his, and the NFL viewer to theirs.

I guess we will see what people think.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No, I'm blinded by the idiocy.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

a reply to: notsure1

Not different.

The court disagrees with your opinion. Thank you

Where the eff is a court ruling on NFL players? I think the court ruling says they cant do that as employees did you even read it?

The football players are not government employees nor are they making a religious statement.

BS you see how many black pastors and churches are in support of BLM???? It could easily be construed as religious statements

Indeed, the clergy is known for religious statements.
But not for being government employees.

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

You're still deflecting? Lol. I thought you were on about Wall St and Big Pharma. Now you deflected to inequality?

I know what it is. Minorities are victims of inequality, so much so to the point Asians are the top earners in America and out-earn the evil white man.

That's cool. If you can't see the correlation to the racist practices of the biggest money makers in the US and why pro athletes kneel during the national anthem than I can't help you.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”

That was one of your heros who said that btw.

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

No, I'm blinded by the idiocy.

TheRedneck

It's your right to be blind.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You introduce politics into entertainment, then really. . . it stops being entertainment and starts to sound like a lecture.

When the Budweiser Clydesdales kneel... you know it's over.

There is still time. But this is pretty close to that.

I don't want to give up watching sports. But, I will if this crap continues.

What will happen when everyone stops watching?

...back to the players making 50K a year like in the 70's

(I might just sign up)
edit on 9.24.2017 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

You don't see the irony?

They are sitting down. That's what's pissing some people off.

What they are saying is they dont want Trump supporters to support them. And it might work. We could care less what a bunch of spoiled millionaires have to say. Shutup and block that guy.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

It's no one's right to blind me.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: MysticPearl

That's cool. If you can't see the correlation to the racist practices of the biggest money makers in the US and why pro athletes kneel during the national anthem than I can't help you.

Lol. You should pivot to aliens next.

BTW, they're not kneeling to protest Big Pharma, they're kneeling to protest black lives not mattering enough.

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join