It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ends DACA

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Applicants aren't supposed to be looked at fairly. Certain people are better than others. If you believe in the concepts of free markets and competition, then the only one to blame for not getting a job is yourself, because you weren't competitive enough.

That applies to all fields.

I think it's pathetic that people who claim to support the idea of capitalism, want to legislate away their job competition because they can't compete.

The oldest dreamers are 26 years old, most are around 18. It's a bunch of kids... pretty sad if an adult can't make themselves more desirable for a job.

In this PC culture, are you kidding me?!

Apple hired them knowing it was temporary.

Besides, what jobs are they doing? Ones that "americans won't do"?

And what about other "kids", the native legal ones? Are you calling them losers?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This is truly a great day in American history, Trump has undone something that affected no one other than the ones having their permits taken away.

Wow, nothing will change after this at all, we need to celebrate such a huge occasion! Trump train choo choo!

Your attempt to downplay the significance of this will be overshadowed by the firestorm come Tuesday, possibly tomorrow.

This is a YUUUGE deal and I expect the Alt-Left to riot and rage over this.

Again, this is no small potatoes.

This will not be an alt-left outrage, this will be an outrage by ordinary citizens. High Tech has come out against it, this may be the storm that takes the precious leader down.

High Tech? WTH do they have to do with anything?

You say that like it's a big deal.

What stake do they have in DACA besides opinion?

You can't say they will suffer by maybe a few single people leaving.

If they are so important to the Industry, they can be set up back in their home country and then apply for the correct visa's to come back.
Or since it's High Tech, they can work from mexico.

I haven't heard any definitive statement from Trump yet.

Tim Cook of Apple, came out today, and said he had 250 employees that fall under DACA, Zuckerburg, and a couple have made strong statements against Trumps stance.

Bummer for Cook.

He'll have to pay natural born citizens more money to fill those vacancies.

And screw the Zuck and the rest, they have their own walls.

I really do not believe that you are as stupid as you present yourself. If Cook, Zuckerberg, and other are presenting this, that you are going to deny it.

I have no doubt they said whatever you claim they said.

I also think they are full of crap or really care since their companies are not dependent on them.

No company is dependent on temps.

Unless you run a temp service. lol.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This is truly a great day in American history, Trump has undone something that affected no one other than the ones having their permits taken away.

Wow, nothing will change after this at all, we need to celebrate such a huge occasion! Trump train choo choo!

Your attempt to downplay the significance of this will be overshadowed by the firestorm come Tuesday, possibly tomorrow.

This is a YUUUGE deal and I expect the Alt-Left to riot and rage over this.

Again, this is no small potatoes.

This will not be an alt-left outrage, this will be an outrage by ordinary citizens. High Tech has come out against it, this may be the storm that takes the precious leader down.

High Tech? WTH do they have to do with anything?

You say that like it's a big deal.

What stake do they have in DACA besides opinion?

You can't say they will suffer by maybe a few single people leaving.

If they are so important to the Industry, they can be set up back in their home country and then apply for the correct visa's to come back.
Or since it's High Tech, they can work from mexico.

I haven't heard any definitive statement from Trump yet.

Tim Cook of Apple, came out today, and said he had 250 employees that fall under DACA, Zuckerburg, and a couple have made strong statements against Trumps stance.

Bummer for Cook.

He'll have to pay natural born citizens more money to fill those vacancies.

And screw the Zuck and the rest, they have their own walls.

You do realize, that you answered with nothing that made any sense. The cold hearted nature of you folks fighting DACA just absolutely amazes me, tells me there are a lot of things not right in this world, and you are most of em

Good thing laws are not made from feelings.

Imagine what the world would be like if that was the case.

Why didn't I make sense?

I'm supposed to feel bad for Apple or the people they hired?

They both knew it was temporary.

You have straight up identified yourself to ATS, might as well find a new name.

As what?

What are you saying? That I hate kids? No, I just tolerate them.

Come on and spit it out.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Leftists believe that:
Crimes committed generations ago must be paid forevermore by the descendants of those who committed them.
Let those Leftists believe that:
Those who committed crimes generations ago ... entering the United States illegally, their descendants must be pay for their crimes by being deported. End DACA. Send them home.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

First off the crimes you spoke of have never been redressed, not for the original criminals, their descendants even less so, as they had nothing to do with it, however I think you are trying to talk about restitutions and reparations, well rest easy only a small amount of folks are demanding any such thing..and yeah btw that 40acres and a mule ain't happening either.
Throwing people out of the only place they ever called home is a bitch move.

Those of you whose ancestors didn't exactly came over on the Mayflower will do well to remember the plight of your own ancestors, so stop pulling up the ladder and pissing on those at the bottom of the wall.
edit on 4-9-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Ah, but that's not true, is it? Because they HAVE known another country as they are CITIZENS of that country.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Ah, but that's not true, is it? Because they HAVE known another country as they are CITIZENS of that country.

How so since many arrived quite young and never leave, the undocumented don't risk travelling outside the confines of the united States.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

How so since many arrived quite young and never leave, the undocumented don't risk travelling outside the confines of the united States.

My point is this isn't their only home. They have a country already! Otherwise we're not talking about Dreamers, are we?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

My point is this isn't their only home. They have a country already! Otherwise we're not talking about Dreamers, are we?

They may technically have a different county's passport, but that's not their home and to be uprooted on a whim by a serial lier..shame shame.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
All Trump did here was remove Obama's unconstitutional executive order which subverts our immigration laws. Why didn't Obama get things in order in his 8 years in office? If these people meant so much to the left, they should've taken it up with Congress during the Obama era. Now there is a deadline before deportation starts without Obama and his pen in office.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with Trump winding down DACA, it shouldn't be something that goes on forever.

But, if Congress fails to incorporate these currently registered "kids" into the law, with a legal path toward citizenship, then I think Trump should pardon all currently registered DACA enrollees, who are in "good standing" and done everything that was required of them by DACA. Many of them are valuable contributors to the military, educational systems, medical institutions and have earned a "path toward citizenship"

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The big problem with this IS Congress!

Its fundamentally wrong to be deporting people brought here, basically without a choice in the matter, as children after letting them live here for 20~30 years. Face the fact that both of these crappy political parties have silently supported open borders for 60 years. Now they want to close the borders and pitch the children brought here illegally out of the country?

I must say that Trump has really stubbed his toe on this one. And obviously he's done so thinking that this crappy Congress will pull his fat out of the fire by passing some legislation that will provide a path to citizenship for these people. ANYONE who honestly believes that this Congress can or will do anything right is delusional. This administration and Congress remind me of Charlie Brown and Lucy holding the football. She ALWAYS moves the football and Charlie always falls on his butt and this time won't be any different.

And the lives of 800,000 people are thrown into turmoil. When you gotta government this broken, you don't need enemies like N. Korea.......

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The problem was Obama using an executive order to bypass Congress to get the DACA program up and going. People either ignore or they dont know that about 15 State Attorneys general are in federal court challenging DACA on constitutional grounds (it is in fact unconstitutional the way Obama put it in place).

You cant blame Trump for upholding the law, which is one of his job responsibilities as head of the Executive Branch.

He gave Congress 6 months to pass a law.

2 things will occur -
* - Congress will or wont get it done.
or
* - The federal court system will nullify DACA immediately.

People who are upset can blame Obama for placing these people into the legal quagmire they now find themselves in and NOT Trump.

Our system is this broken because we have politicians who feel only certain laws apply while ignoring the ones they dont like. That problem is compounded by the fact the voters in this country are apathetic and are apparently to lazy to vote. They would prefer to bitch and just stop there instead of doing something about it.

You can selectively choose what parts of immigration law you are going to comply with and what parts your going to ignore. It creates very real constitutional issues for those in this country who are going through the immigration process. You go into court and explain to the court why we all of a sudden have 2 different levels of due process and then explain how it is applied based on following one part of immigration law while ignoring others parts simply because you dont like it and thinks its not fair.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
People who are upset can blame Obama for placing these people into the legal quagmire they now find themselves in and NOT Trump.

They were already there.

What if, yes a what if, the courts decide in their favor? Then Trump would have tried to kick the only leg they had to stand on.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: Xcathdra

They were already there.

What if, yes a what if, the courts decide in their favor? Then Trump would have tried to kick the only leg they had to stand on.

The court wont because the law is against DACA. There is no law that established DACA and DACA violates established immigration laws. I could see a judge delaying implementation of his ruling to allow Congress to act or so they could make proper arrangements to deal with the fallout.

Any loss in court is going to result in appeals anyways but in the end, absent Congressional action, its done.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Your opinion is duly noted.

But, what if?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Your opinion is duly noted.

But, what if?

The judges ruling would be appealed on constitutional grounds. There is nothing to support the DACA argument in favor of keeping it. If the judge allows it, as I said, it would be appealed and emergency orders of a stay would be requested to prevent the judges ruling from going into effect.

However the DOJ just announced they will no longer defend DACA in the current legal proceedings by the states. That action alone can force a judges hand because now the government is saying its not lawful and wont defend it.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The judges ruling would be appealed on constitutional grounds. There is nothing to support the DACA argument in favor of keeping it.

This really isn't about "keeping" DACA, in my mind. Trump is not going to allow "Immigration" to keep enrolling new enrollees, through DACA rules. That's fine with me. People had their chance, it was never promised to go forever. As a matter of fact, it was to be reviewed every 2 years.

The questions now are regarding how people who are already enrolled, and have been promised a path to legal status by the federal government, will be able to move forward.
edit on 5-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It's just like clockwork. Just as Mexico (and other parts of Latin America that aren't Venezuela) starts showing some semblance of stabilization the US does something that will destabilize them. Not only destabilize then but reinvigorate the weakened cartels. Because let's be fair these kids (and that's what they are) are entering a world they don't know. They're going to be scared and confused. Perfect targets for recruitment.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Little will people say they are trying to fix it to make the thing better.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join