It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ends DACA

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

the word crime seems to be missing from this this copy of Title 8 Section 1325

it does say:

(b) Improper time or place; civil penalties Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of—

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Not everyone. There are requirements and limits.

You asked why they had not tried to fix their status. The answer is still, because they can't.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Xcathdra

Not everyone. There are requirements and limits.

You asked why they had not tried to fix their status. The answer is still, because they can't.

i think the more correct answer would be is because they feel they deserve amnesty by blaming their parents and dont want to return to their country of citizenship to apply to come here legally.

So it is not because "they can't" but because "they dont want to".

Congress has been given 6 months to fix the situation and that is only if the courts dont decide for them first.
edit on 4-9-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
i think the more correct answer would be is because they feel they deserve amnesty by blaming their parents and dont want to return to their country of citizenship to apply to come here legally.

Could be but if they don't meet the requirements then the answer is they can't, no matter how you slice it.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

the word crime seems to be missing from this this copy of Title 8 Section 1325

it does say:

(b) Improper time or place; civil penalties Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of—

That's only for one section of it.

The first section names imprisonment. Are many people imprisoned under Title 18 for civil penalties?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

Title 18 is the CRIMINAL CODE.
edit on 4-9-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Starting riots and "firestorms"? Thanks Trump! Wow, he's doing a great job of bringing everyone together.

Trump won't be the "ones" starting fires and riots.

HEy the people in those Need to be instantly deported. If they are citizens they can go to the consulate and get back in.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Yeah the codes title isn't going to change because some of the laws in it are no longer treated as crimes. Lax policy is lax policy.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Could be but if they don't meet the requirements then the answer is they can't, no matter how you slice it.

Not to sound callous but not my concern. Come here legally or face deportation back to your country.

It is as simple as that.

Anything else is a slap to the face of all immigrants who came here legally. We shouldnt reward individuals for breaking the law.
edit on 4-9-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Not to sound callous but not my concern. Come here legally or face deportation back to your country.

Nobody said it was your concern. You asked a question and that was the answer.

Anything else is a slap to the face of all immigrants who came here legally. We should reward individuals for breaking the law.

I know many immigrants who don't see it as a slap in the face and some that do. That is neither here nor there and I'm sure it is not your concern either, no point in faking it just for arguments sake.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Anything else is a slap to the face of all immigrants who came here legally. We should reward individuals for breaking the law.

I know many immigrants who don't see it as a slap in the face and some that do. That is neither here nor there and I'm sure it is not your concern either, no point in faking it just for arguments sake.

Well, we ALL have a vested interest in making it work right, because at the heart of it it IS an economic issue. We can't have an untold or unaccounted number coming here and overwhelming our social infrastructure.

That is a fact.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

That has nothing to do with fake concern over legal immigrants being offended.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

you replied with -

and i was giving you my response to your own. Come here legally or face deportation.

Not sure what you are faking. I am giving you my opinion based on current law. Whether people agree with immigration law or not is, again not my concern. Come here legally or be deported.

Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

and i was giving you my response to your own. Come here legally or face deportation.

Still, nobody said their ability to enter legally or not was your concern.

Not sure what you are faking. I am giving you my opinion based on current law. Whether people agree with immigration law or not is, again not my concern. Come here legally or be deported.

Simple as that.

You said that it was a slap to the face to legal immigrants.

That has nothing to do with law.
edit on 4-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Still nobody said their ability to enter legally or not was your concern.

I SAID IT.

You said that it was a slap to the face to legal immigrants.

That has nothing to do with law.

Then why did you say other legal immigrants were ok with it?

Either way how they feel is in fact irrelevant since we use the law and not opinion (like obama did his 8 years in office).

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Tempter

This is truly a great day in American history, Trump has undone something that affected no one other than the ones having their permits taken away.

Wow, nothing will change after this at all, we need to celebrate such a huge occasion! Trump train choo choo!

Your attempt to downplay the significance of this will be overshadowed by the firestorm come Tuesday, possibly tomorrow.

This is a YUUUGE deal and I expect the Alt-Left to riot and rage over this.

Again, this is no small potatoes.

This will not be an alt-left outrage, this will be an outrage by ordinary citizens. High Tech has come out against it, this may be the storm that takes the precious leader down.

High Tech? WTH do they have to do with anything?

You say that like it's a big deal.

What stake do they have in DACA besides opinion?

You can't say they will suffer by maybe a few single people leaving.

If they are so important to the Industry, they can be set up back in their home country and then apply for the correct visa's to come back.
Or since it's High Tech, they can work from mexico.

I haven't heard any definitive statement from Trump yet.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulermank
America is the only country where illegals are rampant. America took over Arizona, New Mexico, California, Nevada, Texas, Florida from Latinos. Latinos try to take them back. About time America takes a stronger stance against illegals.

You do realize that "Americans" took the whole country by force? I am guilty as well, part of my family here since 1621.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What's horrid about it?
You do know we need immigrants in order for our economy to grow right?

IDK maybe you don't know this.

Yeah because 3rd world children have it all over natural american children. (maybe some)

How will they grow up with their parents deported?

Where will they sleep?! Who is gonna feed and love them?!

How can they stay and the rest of the family has to go?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Tempter

This is truly a great day in American history, Trump has undone something that affected no one other than the ones having their permits taken away.

Wow, nothing will change after this at all, we need to celebrate such a huge occasion! Trump train choo choo!

Your attempt to downplay the significance of this will be overshadowed by the firestorm come Tuesday, possibly tomorrow.

This is a YUUUGE deal and I expect the Alt-Left to riot and rage over this.

Again, this is no small potatoes.

This will not be an alt-left outrage, this will be an outrage by ordinary citizens. High Tech has come out against it, this may be the storm that takes the precious leader down.

High Tech? WTH do they have to do with anything?

You say that like it's a big deal.

What stake do they have in DACA besides opinion?

You can't say they will suffer by maybe a few single people leaving.

If they are so important to the Industry, they can be set up back in their home country and then apply for the correct visa's to come back.
Or since it's High Tech, they can work from mexico.

I haven't heard any definitive statement from Trump yet.

Tim Cook of Apple, came out today, and said he had 250 employees that fall under DACA, Zuckerburg, and a couple have made strong statements against Trumps stance.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I SAID IT.

Right and nobody had said it was so why mention something nobody had brought up?

Then why did you say other legal immigrants were ok with it?

Because they are.

Either way how they feel is in fact irrelevant since we use the law and not opinion (like obama did his 8 years in office).

Exactly, not your concern, what are you arguing about?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Anything else is a slap to the face of all immigrants who came here legally. We shouldnt reward individuals for breaking the law.

What you stated is by far, how most legal immigrants feel. They invested the time, price, standing in lines, filling out forms, for doing it the RIGHT way...playing by the rules.

The United States is insulting legal immigrants, when non-citizens are allowed to bypass those procedures.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join