It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver arrested after hitting protesters in St. Louis

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Attempted murder.

So were allowed to get a bunch of violent people together and uses weapons to at least intimidate someone else? They were a threat to the person in the vehicles life. LA riots come to mind. These people are lucky they aren't dead and if any of them had died, owell.

For those comparing the incident to Rodney King riot-- Plenty of footage that day showed cars stopping and then turning around instead of continuing thru the intersection.

In fact I remember watching it later on TV and thinking, what dummies to drive thru that, what they expect?

Like swimming in the surf when sharks are visible.

Calling black people predators? How racist.

Are you suggesting that might makes right? That laws are only a suggestion?

I suggested the actions of the driver, playing bumper cars wth people on foot, were criminal. You on the other hand run them over with glee, how hateful is that?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Too hard to tell. Hopefully there's some traffic cams.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

MAYBE THE DRIVER IS FREAKING OUT BECAUSE IT'S DARK AND PEOPLE ARE SWARMING THEIR CAR.

Maybe panicked? The Hell... I saw the video.. This car pulled out of the blocked lanes, driving the wrong way, blaring the horn as they approached the blockade, driving right up to it, blaring horn and rolling, blaring and rolling... forcing the issue, clearly behaving aggressively...

People are just peeved at the protesters ideology, justify violence and hatred based purely on that. If that was a march of dimes or some parade, that person in that car would be in jail for attempted murder

If it was a March of Dimes or parade, there would have been detour markers further up the road, there would have been police presence, and those people on the road would have had a permit to block the road.

Those people were standing illegally on an open road at night and blocking active traffic. I feel no sympathy.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Xtrozero

So watching the video he drove up on the side of the crowd and stopped as he was honking his horn.

When approaching a hindrance to the flow of traffic, pull over and proceed with caution when safe.
With the honking horn, this driver did not do this. He used his car with the horn honking to barge past and through that hindrance.

Had he also been a pedestrian, he would have been within his rights to meet obstinance with obstinance. However he was not, he was driving a car and hence subject to the terms of his agreement with the department of motor vehicles.

Except that in many instances a motor vehicle is considered an extension of your person/home. Violate that, and you forfeit your own rights. Its not a black and white issue like you're trying to make it out as.

As well as it should be. Those protesters violated his rights by attacking his car. I agree. But to place all the blame on them is also incorrect. He was driving, not as a right, but as a privilege. A privilege governed by law. He broke that law.

And all of my objections to the drivers actions are based upon that privilege, not taking into account the very real possiblity that the driver was just a bully too and decided to take on the protesters with his superior weapon. Not saying he was like that, it is just that we don't know.

Sure we do. In the video he gave plenty of warning that he was approaching, they notice he's trying to get around and run over to the car. He slows and stops, someone says "look at the license plate" x2. Driver starts to move forward a bit and you start hearing people hit the car, and he stops. Then, someone starts to crawl onto the hood of the car, and he goes.

Again, Why didn't they just let him pass?

ETS: The guy in khaki shorts jumps onto the car while its stopped.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

The driver has more of a right to free and unimpeded travel, than these people impeding traffic without a permit. Sorry if it all assaults your sensibilities, but that's the reality.

Then instead of pulling out and rolling forward in the opposite lanes, pull out, turn around and go the other way... (strike one)

People in the street are pedestrians whether they are protesting or not.

Pedestrians have the right of way, period. (strike two)

But I get the whole 'wrong ideology thing' and all on your part. (three strikes, you're out)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Attempted murder.

So were allowed to get a bunch of violent people together and uses weapons to at least intimidate someone else? They were a threat to the person in the vehicles life. LA riots come to mind. These people are lucky they aren't dead and if any of them had died, owell.

For those comparing the incident to Rodney King riot-- Plenty of footage that day showed cars stopping and then turning around instead of continuing thru the intersection.

In fact I remember watching it later on TV and thinking, what dummies to drive thru that, what they expect?

Like swimming in the surf when sharks are visible.

Calling black people predators? How racist.

Are you suggesting that might makes right? That laws are only a suggestion?

I suggested the actions of the driver, playing bumper cars wth people on foot, were criminal. You on the other hand run them over with glee, how hateful is that?

With glee? Care to walk that back instead of suggest I am a sadist or psychopath?

I said this earlier: If my wife or kid is in the car with me, I will move forward and deal with the cops later. No one threatens my family, especially idiots who are blocking the road illegally. There is no winner in that scenario, but the source of the problem are the mob on the road.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The driver has more of a right to free and unimpeded travel, than these people impeding traffic without a permit. Sorry if it all assaults your sensibilities, but that's the reality.

Then instead of pulling out and rolling forward in the opposite lanes, pull out, turn around and go the other way... (strike one)

But I get the whole 'wrong ideology thing' and all on your part. (three strikes, you're out)

Wrong. Swing and a miss.

In some states or cities, obstructing traffic may be considered pedestrian interference. In Seattle, for example, pedestrian interference occurs when a person intentionally “obstructs pedestrian or vehicular traffic,” although the city’s code does make an exception for “exercise of one’s constitutional right to picket or to legally protest.” Which usually requires a permit.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Those people were standing illegally on an open road at night and blocking active traffic. I feel no sympathy.

Don't hide, just admit it, you hate what they stand for.

But you know thats wrong, so use pleasantries.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Why so you can feel justified in beating people up you don't agree with?

See, I can do it too.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

In some states or cities, obstructing traffic may be considered pedestrian interference.

Nowhere does it say its okay to run up on people in the street, blaring your horn and 'bump' them out the way...

They were even in the damn crosswalk.

Did you even watch the video?
edit on 24-8-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Can you prove the driver was able to turn around?

Pedestrians cross roads, they do NOT STAND ON IT WITH THE INTENT TO BLOCK TRAFFIC.

Pedestrians do not have the right to assault a person, either on foot or in a car. They did not move away from the vehicle. They had no right to surround it, hit it, climb on it, etc.

Just. Stop. Those idiots on the road had no justification for their actions.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

In some states or cities, obstructing traffic may be considered pedestrian interference.

Nowhere does it say its okay to run up on people in the street, blaring your horn and 'bump' them out the way...

Its called a crosswalk, not a cross-stand.

Secondly, try to watch the video without that red haze of anger. He give plenty of notice of his intentions. They (quite literally) run up on him. The guy in khaki shorts jumps on his stopped car.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Are you calling me out in a non-mudpit thread?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Which direction were they crossing?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

See, I can do it too.

I disagree with anyone says its okay to play bumper cars with people in the street, whatever the reason.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

See, I can do it too.

I disagree with anyone says its okay to play bumper cars with people in the street, whatever the reason.

I disagree with anyone who thinks people can just stand in the middle of the road, whatever the reason.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

We watching the same one? The car came to a complete stop about 20 feet before the crosswalk. The crowd at that point rushed forward to surround the car. Once the crowd surrounded his car the driver hit his horn again and moved forward slowly as his car got attacked and jumped on...

Do you think there is a level of fear on the driver side...didn't see any fear with the protesters.

edit on 24-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

See, I can do it too.

That's fine. But these people instigated by appraching the car instead of letting it pass, irregardless of the legality of his crossing into opposing lanes. They further made it worse by surrounding the car, beating on it, and jumping on the hood.

Stop trying to paint this like the driver was Speed Racer playing GTA V.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Missouri­: Vehicles must yield the right-of-way to pedestrians within a crosswalk that are in the same half of the roadway as the vehicle or when a pedestrian is approaching closely enough from the opposite side of the roadway to be in danger. Pedestrians may not suddenly leave the curb and enter a crosswalk into the path of a moving vehicle that is so close the vehicle is unable to yield. Pedestrians must yield the right-of-way to vehicles when crossing a roadway outside of a marked crosswalk in a business district or a street designated by ordinance. Pedestrians must yield the right-of-way to vehicles when crossing outside of a marked crosswalk or an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection. Pedestrians must cross a roadway at a right angle or by the shortest route to the opposite side of the roadway. Where traffic control devices are in operation, pedestrians may only cross between two adjacent intersections in a marked crosswalk and may only cross an intersection diagonally if authorized by a traffic control device

ncsl.org
For whatever it is worth.

Edit to add; I notice that it doesn't cover the situation where a mob of angry protestors swarm your vehicle and beat on it.
edit on b000000312017-08-24T12:38:09-05:0012America/ChicagoThu, 24 Aug 2017 12:38:09 -05001200000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

He give plenty of notice of his intentions

Move or get run over?

They (quite literally) run up on him.

After the 'driver' drove right up to them, blaring his horn...

They already occupied the street before driver approached aggressively and forced a confrontation., derp

try to watch the video without that red haze of anger.

Watch it again without your bias I mentioned earlier.

Wait, you drive a tank in the Generals rank, right?

nvm

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join