It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver arrested after hitting protesters in St. Louis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: intrptr

Exactly.

It wasn't like these protesters were in the middle of a freeway and the driver had no where to go. He could have turned at the light one block back. He could have busted a u-turn.

Hell, he could have driven up and asked what they were protesting an they probably would have cleared a path.

Instead he drove at an unsafe rate directly into the crowd laying on his horn. Because right-wing programming is now, that if you're in your car and you drive into a crowd of protesters, it's okay to run them over.

Did you see how excited people were getting when they thought they could shoot people dead for vandalizing a statue?

So you know the driver?? or their political affiliation? You have also solved and completed your through investigation from one video behind the safety of your computer monitor?? WOW you are the top cop my friend!! Look out Sherlock Holmes we have a real crime sleuth on our hands!!!

You political drivel is getting rather stale......

I offer you one of these.....It helps with protecting and stress relief!!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
That video looks old. Like it was taken by a VHS camcorder.
My question is why did they attack the car? What did the driver do to provoke the attack?

Looks like he was trying to pass through the mayhem. He wanted to get by but they yelled "stop, stop". That's not normal and threatening to anyone trying to get through.

What does the drivers manual and laws governing the privilege to drive a car say? Does it say it is ok to push your car through a throng of pedestrians? I doubt it. I think it is more like, when approaching an intersection or street with pedestrians stop and proceed with caution when safe.

Regardless of the constitution of the pedestrians in the street, the driver was in violation of this rule. He should have stopped or at least pulled over to the side before entering the area where there was an obstruction to the flow of traffic. He proceeded to push through the mayhem as you point out, in violation of laws governing the operation of a motor vehicle.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Thanks for the meme proving my point. Derp.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Attempted murder.

Please.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I'm saying if you see a street filled with people, you avoid that street. It looked to be a well-lit street. It looked to me like the guy started honking well before he can upon them, so he knew they were there well ahead of time.

I'm not saying the protesters were in the right being there. I'm saying the guy knew what he was doing.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

a reply to: GuidedKill

Thanks for the meme proving my point. Derp.

It was just to assist you further in your triggering.....Apparently it's working!!!

LMAO

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Infoshill

Screw that. Never be surounded by protestors. Hit the gas and dont risk your life. Jail is better than a wheel chair or death.

Get out of the road or get hit by cars.

"You voted Trump". Question or accusation? Either way, do not stop.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Exactly.

It wasn't like these protesters were in the middle of a freeway and the driver had no where to go. He could have turned at the light one block back. He could have busted a u-turn.

Hell, he could have driven up and asked what they were protesting an they probably would have cleared a path.

Instead he drove at an unsafe rate directly into the crowd laying on his horn. Because right-wing programming is now, that if you're in your car and you drive into a crowd of protesters, it's okay to run them over.

Did you see how excited people were getting when they thought they could shoot people dead for vandalizing a statue?

I recall one of these events talked about here several years ago. A protest in the streets, but that time the video was much better. The driver used his car like a mobile snow shovel to clear a path through the pedestrians. Like a weapon. From what I recall, that thread flowed much like this one with many conservatives giving the thumbs up to the actions of the driver because the people were evil lefties.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Exactly.

I recall one of these events talked about here several years ago. A protest in the streets, but that time the video was much better. The driver used his car like a mobile snow shovel to clear a path through the pedestrians. Like a weapon. From what I recall, that thread flowed much like this one with many conservatives giving the thumbs up to the actions of the driver because the people were evil lefties.

No, its because we know that there will be at least one person in the crowd willing to escalate things. Then herd mentality kicks in.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

So watching the video he drove up on the side of the crowd and stopped as he was honking his horn. At this point no one was hit. The crowd started to beat his car and then he drove forward slowly honking his horn once again as people jumped on his hood and still beating his car. He got though the crowd and drove away. Three people said they were hit, but refusing any treatment is telling me there was no actual injuries in all of this.

Can you tell me what is the problem here other than an aggressive crowd looking for trouble?

edit on 24-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Exactly.

No, its because we know that there will be at least one person in the crowd willing to escalate things. Then herd mentality kicks in.

And true as that may be it still does not circumvent the responsibilities agreed to by receiving a drivers license. When approaching a hindrance to the flow of traffic, pull over and proceed with caution when safe. If we want to argue the point that maybe the driver did not see them ahead of time, then maybe your point would be more viable. But chances are the driver saw the congestion well in advance and did not adhere to those simple rules of driving. Or I might add, simple rules of self preservation.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So watching the video he drove up on the side of the crowd and stopped as he was honking his horn. At this point no one was hit. The crowd started to beat his car and then he drove forward slowly honking his horn once again as people jumped on his hood and still beating his car. He got though the crowd and drove away. Three people said they were hit, but refused any treatment telling me there was no actual injuries in all of this.

Can you tell me what is the problem here other than an aggressive crowd looking for trouble?

There no point in arguing with Anti. He has made it his life's purpose to report his obtuse opinions and those of others as fact to further create tension.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

My question is why did they attack the car? What did the driver do to provoke the attack?

Looks like he was trying to pass through the mayhem. He wanted to get by but they yelled "stop, stop". That's not normal and threatening to anyone trying to get through.

Is that your justification for running people down? "I saw up ahead the road was blocked by people so I drove into the middle of that anyway... and had to accelerate thru them to get by..."

You make it sound like he floored the gas pedal and protestors went flying. The driver inched forward trying to go down a public road. In fact, the mob went running toward the car. Who does that? Did someone tell these people to go play in traffic as a joke and they actually did it?

Jesus, who drives into the middle of a protest, or a herd of cows for that matter? What if the road appears blocked by a flood, avalanche debris, fallen trees?

People on auto pilot... (its called 'stare driving') or those with malicious intent, whatever.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

There no point in arguing with Anti. He has made it his life's purpose to report his obtuse opinions and those of others as fact to further create tension.

People need to understand that anarchists are against both the left and the right...all established Government. Under Obama they went after Corporations as 99%ers and now under Trump they have re-branded themselves as Anti Fascists... Their agenda is still the same no matter what they call themselves this week or next.

edit on 24-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Attempted murder.

I think I could easily argue self-defense...

Or pull a u turn

What a novel idea.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

They dont need special consideration. They could NOT protest in the road.

In fact they are not supposed to be there.

Whatever though. When more of you die you guys can shrug off responsibility for encouraging them.

You wont get run over. Some poor idiot who cant afford the medical bills will.

I guess thats the point. Expendables.

I wouldnt ask a potentially violent mob for PERMISSION to use a public roadway.

Anyone trying to muscle me gets to see me try hard.

edit on 8 24 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

What does the drivers manual and laws governing the privilege to drive a car say? Does it say it is ok to push your car through a throng of pedestrians? I doubt it. I think it is more like, when approaching an intersection or street with pedestrians stop and proceed with caution when safe.

Regardless of the constitution of the pedestrians in the street, the driver was in violation of this rule. He should have stopped or at least pulled over to the side before entering the area where there was an obstruction to the flow of traffic. He proceeded to push through the mayhem as you point out, in violation of laws governing the operation of a motor vehicle.

A pedestrian is someone traveling, moving, transiting from point A to point B, etc.

These were not pedestrians. They were a mob.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So watching the video he drove up on the side of the crowd and stopped as he was honking his horn.

When approaching a hindrance to the flow of traffic, pull over and proceed with caution when safe.
With the honking horn, this driver did not do this. He used his car with the horn honking to barge past and through that hindrance.

Had he also been a pedestrian, he would have been within his rights to meet obstinance with obstinance. However he was not, he was driving a car and hence subject to the terms of his agreement with the department of motor vehicles.

edit on 31America/ChicagoThu, 24 Aug 2017 11:58:32 -0500Thu, 24 Aug 2017 11:58:32 -050017082017-08-24T11:58:32-05:001100000058 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Exactly.

And true as that may be it still does not circumvent the responsibilities agreed to by receiving a drivers license. When approaching a hindrance to the flow of traffic, pull over and proceed with caution when safe. If we want to argue the point that maybe the driver did not see them ahead of time, then maybe your point would be more viable. But chances are the driver saw the congestion well in advance and did not adhere to those simple rules of driving. Or I might add, simple rules of self preservation.

And what then of the crimes committed by these "pedestrians"?

Pedestrian interference, Assault, Disorderly conduct.

Without a permit, drivers have more rights than random people blocking a street.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Popeye1

Yeah that sounds like what the protesters were attemping.

Oh look honey, theres a demonstration march police thing going on up ahead, lets get closer to see whats going on.

Turn the car around.

It'll be alright, what could happen?

Turn the Car Around...

it'll take longer going around.

Turn_The_Car_Around.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join