It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver arrested after hitting protesters in St. Louis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I thought victim blaming was a bad thing?

I guess that only applies when the victim is of the right political affiliation.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Kalixi
Doesn't Activist 101 teach to swamp cars and block traffic to cause maximum disruption? How does one get out of that situation without knocking over people

Take an alternate route?

BwaaaHaHaHa

Like somebody is supposed to automatically know about a spontaneous protest in progress.

Those people were already on the street when the driver approached. You don't think he saw them until he was right among them? Bullcrap. He knew they were there in plenty of time to turn down another street and go around. He had an attitude, and he felt powerful because he had a car. And he used that power. On purpose.

Wow, you got all that from the article? You are like a super hero when it comes to reading people based on a tiny few words.

Bravo. Don't let your cape get caught in the door.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Attempted murder.

So were allowed to get a bunch of violent people together and uses weapons to at least intimidate someone else? They were a threat to the person in the vehicles life. LA riots come to mind. These people are lucky they aren't dead and if any of them had died, owell.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The cause for this event that is laughably called a protest seems particularly ridiculous.

A mentally deranged person attacked a police officer with a knife and got shot, so these losers decide to block roads and attack people?

I dunno doesn't seem like the noblest of causes to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
That video looks old. Like it was taken by a VHS camcorder.
My question is why did they attack the car? What did the driver do to provoke the attack?

Looks like he was trying to pass through the mayhem. He wanted to get by but they yelled "stop, stop". That's not normal and threatening to anyone trying to get through.

Is that your justification for running people down? "I saw up ahead the road was blocked by people so I drove into the middle of that anyway... and had to accelerate thru them to get by..."

So you would just pull up and stop and let them surround your car until one of them breaks the window, drags you out and the rest of them beat you til you die?
From a block or two away it probably just looks like a bunch of people crossing the street, than you get to the crowd an it's to late . anyone standing in the street yelling should expect that they might be in danger of being hit, especially when they run toward the car .
And no, I don't condone running people over for no reason but who do you think was looking for trouble that night?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

But if you continue to go down a street that's flooded, your car will be swept away and you may drown. If you continue to down a street that is covered by a humongous sinkhole, you will fall in and crash.

If you continue to go down a street with angry protesters, there are consequences to that as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Pretty sure the trans woman who had been shot and killed had a worse day.

What does that have to do with someone just driving down the road days later. Should I feel extra sad since the person was not just crazy but a trans too?

What if I really don't give a crap in don't attack cops with a weapon and don't jump in front of moving cars...

These are not protesters anymore...they are aggressive anarchists, and in that situation its game on and I plan on winning. Real protesters would have gone near the police station and protested in a non-aggressive way to get their point across.

edit on 24-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

But if you continue to go down a street that's flooded, your car will be swept away and you may drown. If you continue to down a street that is covered by a humongous sinkhole, you will fall in and crash.

If you continue to go down a street with angry protesters, there are consequences to that as well.

Consequences for who Kayluv? Innocent bystanders some how get what they deserve? Collateral Damage? Perhaps protestors shouldn't violently protest in the streets. The consequences of that is bad things happen to them and innocent bystanders. Simply driving down a street and getting attacked by said violent protestors is not even close in equivalency.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

If you continue to go down a street with angry protesters, there are consequences to that as well

But how was this an actual protest?
www.stlouis-mo.gov...

The Street Department is responsible for maintaining the safety of the public right-of-way. As such, anyone planning to obstruct any portion of the public right-of-way is required to get a permit from the Street Department.

NOTE: Street closings related to Special Events (such as street fairs, parades, runs, bike rides, etc.) are now applied for through the Office of Special Events.

So I looked for a permit and guess what....
www.stlouis-mo.gov...
There are none for this.
No permit=No legal protest

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I have many years of experience driving down roads and seeing when streets are filled with people before I am actually among them. And yes, I have seen streets filled with people.

So at night some person is driving down the road minding their own business and they need to be ever aware of the streets filling up with angry protesters? Also, what part of the city are we talking about? I been to cities where you don't even come to a full stop for a red light.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I would of ran them over too without thinking twice

Shouldn't block a public roadway at night

a reply to: Infoshill

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

You are trying to draw an equivalency between acts of nature's indiscriminate power and a mob of humans and their passions.

You are also trying to draw an equivalency between situations where the road ahead is obviously not passable with a scenario where it is.

You are also trying to draw an equivalency between the laws of physics and the emotions of people.

Just. Stop.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Kalixi
Doesn't Activist 101 teach to swamp cars and block traffic to cause maximum disruption? How does one get out of that situation without knocking over people

Take an alternate route?

BwaaaHaHaHa

Like somebody is supposed to automatically know about a spontaneous protest in progress.

Those people were already on the street when the driver approached. You don't think he saw them until he was right among them? Bullcrap. He knew they were there in plenty of time to turn down another street and go around. He had an attitude, and he felt powerful because he had a car. And he used that power. On purpose.

....and he was probably a white male so he deserved it, right? I can't believe you are given excuses for attacking a car simply trying to get through. The Courts will determine if the Driver was guilty of anything, the video and initial police report in the OP will be evidence. Probably was a traffic cameras as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

We all know you are very vocal in the LBGTQRXV crowd but come on lets be real here!! You're only attacking the driver because he drive though a LBGTXRQV crowd....I bet if it were a gay couple who was trapped in a neo Nazi protest you would say they were just scared for their lives.....GTFO!!!

This wasn't a permitted protest, there was no signs directing people around blocked street. There was no planning for or traffic directing cars around people unlawfully blocking the streets....This isn't like a 4th of July parade that was planned.

How do you even know if the person in the car wasn't from out of town? Or even from a neighborhood across town and was just passing through. Passing though to get overwhelmed by a mob? A mob that they have no idea what their intentions are....

I bet we see all charges dropped against this driver as they should be..

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Either you're being a troll or just plain stupid. Don't know which one, but it's obvious the driver had no other option but to get out of the dangerous situation. Maybe you would think differently if this situation happened to one of your family members and they ended up like that Reginald Denny guy. Did you know once they got him out of the car they laughed as they beat him with bricks and such.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Unless the person driving that car can be found to maliciously have driven through the crowd its about the same as this incident....An incident where nothing happened to the driver of the SUV. He was safe from the mob attempting to attack his family and protected by the law....

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Gotta side with the driver here, I think the law will too.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Few more details about the suicide by cop and the altercation in the street.

As the news station reports, Herring was shot and killed by St. Louis police officers Tuesday following a call about someone with a knife. Officers who got to the scene confronted Herring, who was holding a knife and then refused to drop the weapon. Authorities say she stabbed a neighbor and then turned her knife on an officer who responded to the incident, also injuring him.

However, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, how exactly the driver came to strike the protesters remains unclear as police and a witness are giving two very different stories about what exactly happened when the motorist drove through the group that had blocked an intersection.

Keith Rose, the witness, told the Post-Dispatch that the driver had his middle fingers up before he accelerated through the crowd of protesters blocking the intersection.

St. Louis police, on the other hand, say the driver stopped, honked and attempted to drive around the protesters before some of them began to surround his car and hit the vehicle with their hands and a flagpole.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Exactly.

It wasn't like these protesters were in the middle of a freeway and the driver had no where to go. He could have turned at the light one block back. He could have busted a u-turn.

Hell, he could have driven up and asked what they were protesting an they probably would have cleared a path.

Instead he drove at an unsafe rate directly into the crowd laying on his horn. Because right-wing programming is now, that if you're in your car and you drive into a crowd of protesters, it's okay to run them over.

Did you see how excited people were getting when they thought they could shoot people dead for vandalizing a statue?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Few more details about the suicide by cop and the altercation in the street.

As the news station reports, Herring was shot and killed by St. Louis police officers Tuesday following a call about someone with a knife. Officers who got to the scene confronted Herring, who was holding a knife and then refused to drop the weapon. Authorities say she stabbed a neighbor and then turned her knife on an officer who responded to the incident, also injuring him.

However, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, how exactly the driver came to strike the protesters remains unclear as police and a witness are giving two very different stories about what exactly happened when the motorist drove through the group that had blocked an intersection.

Keith Rose, the witness, told the Post-Dispatch that the driver had his middle fingers up before he accelerated through the crowd of protesters blocking the intersection.

St. Louis police, on the other hand, say the driver stopped, honked and attempted to drive around the protesters before some of them began to surround his car and hit the vehicle with their hands and a flagpole.

I would've flipped them off too if they were damaging my personal property and violating my rights. Just another case of leftists thinking they can break the law because they got their feelings hurt.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join