It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver arrested after hitting protesters in St. Louis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Note to self: There's a good chance you'll get ran over attacking blocked traffic at night...

Driver hits three protesters in St. Louis

A driver in St. Louis was taken into custody after three protesters who blocked traffic were hit by a car during a march for a transgender woman shot and killed by police a day earlier

"The protesters surrounded the vehicle and began striking it with their hands and a flag pole. Several protesters also kicked and jumped on top of the vehicle,"

Three protesters suffered minor injuries when the driver drove away. They refused medical attention on the scene

Trans Lives Matter Protesters Mowed Down

edit on 24-8-2017 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Attempted murder.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Doesn't Activist 101 teach to swamp cars and block traffic to cause maximum disruption? How does one get out of that situation without knocking over people

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
That video looks old. Like it was taken by a VHS camcorder.
My question is why did they attack the car? What did the driver do to provoke the attack?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
Doesn't Activist 101 teach to swamp cars and block traffic to cause maximum disruption? How does one get out of that situation without knocking over people

Take an alternate route?

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
My question is why did they attack the car? What did the driver do to provoke the attack?

Looks like he was trying to pass through the mayhem. He wanted to get by but they yelled "stop, stop". That's not normal and threatening to anyone trying to get through.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

Looks like he was trying to pass through the mayhem. He wanted to get by but they yelled "stop, stop". That's not normal and threatening to anyone trying to get through.

Is that your justification for running people down? "I saw up ahead the road was blocked by people so I drove into the middle of that anyway... and had to accelerate thru them to get by..."

+36 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

Is that your justification for running people down? "I saw up ahead the road was blocked by people so I drove into the middle of that anyway... and had to accelerate thru them to get by..."

You make it sound like he floored the gas pedal and protestors went flying. The driver inched forward trying to go down a public road. In fact, the mob went running toward the car. Who does that? Did someone tell these people to go play in traffic as a joke and they actually did it?

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Stupid people protesting in the roads, pfffft, i dont care if your white black straight or gay. Streets are made to drive on not block. How do they know that person didnt have somewhere they really needed to be or they had a bad day? Anyway, i dont feel sorry for retards that block streets for protesting.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
This random abuse of people who had nothing to do with whatever set the protesters off is getting old. Passing your hurt feeling or emotion forward randomly isn't the proper thing. But then ya can't fix screwed up very often.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bwomp83
How do they know that person didnt have somewhere they really needed to be or they had a bad day? Anyway, i dont feel sorry for retards that block streets for protesting.

Pretty sure the trans woman who had been shot and killed had a worse day.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Bwomp83
How do they know that person didnt have somewhere they really needed to be or they had a bad day? Anyway, i dont feel sorry for retards that block streets for protesting.

Pretty sure the trans woman who had been shot and killed had a worse day.

Here are more details.....

TextPolice say they were responding to a domestic disturbance when they found Herring cut badly across the face, arms and chest.

Officers told News 4 the 30-year-old mother was armed with a large kitchen knife, slashing at police, even cutting one on the arm when two officers returned fire, ending her life.

article

edit on 24-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

When I fear for my life, I have the right to protect my self. I will do the same maybe. Every since I watched Rodney King beating I had this stance. I am not stopping for a violent mob trying to kill me.
edit on 24-8-2017 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

"The protesters surrounded the vehicle and began striking it with their hands and a flag pole. Several protesters also kicked and jumped on top of the vehicle," police said.

Sounds like self defence to me.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
So somebody with a knife went after the police and bought their ticket to hell. So why are they protesting??? I'm on the drivers side on this they were probably fearinf for their lives.

edit on 24-8-2017 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah that sounds like what the protesters were attemping.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Screw that. Never be surounded by protestors. Hit the gas and dont risk your life. Jail is better than a wheel chair or death.

Get out of the road or get hit by cars.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ttropia

When I fear for my life, I have the right to protect my self. I will do the same maybe. Every since I watched Rodney King beating I had this stance. I am not stopping for a violent mob trying to kill me.

I am with you on this, I have distinct memories of Reginald Denny and the beating he suffered for purely being white and in the wrong place at the wrong time.

For those saying just drive around, I do not know the information surrounding this but I never listen to the radio I always listen to my own music, I also rarely watch TV.

So how would I know there is a protest, plus maybe the guy did not know an alternate route so he hoped as an innocent bystander to be allowed through.

Also if you find yourself in this position and feel you have to drive off and the police come to arrest you, I was afraid for my life, and I would like to speak to my lawyer should be all that you say to the police.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
i have a family that depends on me and if im alone in the car or have my family along, either way if people block my car and appear threatening theyre turning into bowling pins, period.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

so do the kids dying in africa over nothing and both have ZERO to do with the driver trying to go where they want or need to go.

irrelevant.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join