It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Done With The Left's Nonsense

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
"White Power" isn't about ethnic pride, it's about skin tone.

Ok, maybe. But maybe it could also have something to do with the scales tipping too far to the OTHER side now as well. Where before there was inequality toward non-whites, it seems over the past 30 years or so the exact opposite was becoming true. I think if perhaps humans in general were capable of moderating themselves and actually (not in written word) striving toward equality, that particular movement may have never grown legs or resurfaced at all.

To some degree I would agree with your assessment of but the seats of power still remain with the white communities. Which brings us back to the "monuments"

“Historical monuments are, among other things, an expression of power — an indication of who has the power to choose how history is remembered in public places.”

As all historians know, forgetting is as essential to public understandings of history as remembering. Confederate statues do not simply commemorate “our” history, as the president declared. They honor one part of our past. Where are the statues in the former slave states honoring the very large part of the Southern population (beginning with the four million slaves) that sided with the Union rather than the Confederacy? Where are the monuments to the victims of slavery or to the hundreds of black lawmakers who during Reconstruction served in positions ranging from United States senator to justice of the peace to school board official? Excluding blacks from historical recognition has been the other side of the coin of glorifying the Confederacy.

Confederate Statues and ‘Our’ History

With regards to the power scales tipping in favor of other groups.... here's a thought experiment for you. Imagine what it's like for a woman of color living in the South... put yourself in those shoes for a bit.

edit on 24-8-2017 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Imagine what it's like for a woman of color living in the South... put yourself in those shoes for a bit.

Well, I just got off the phone with Beyonce, Rihanna, Halle Berry, Angela Basset, Oprah Winfrey, Sanaa Lathan, Whoopi Goldberg, Kerry Washington, Regina King, Queen Latifah, Gabrielle Union, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Jennifer Hudson, Vivica Fox, Keke Palmer, Phylicia Rashad, Lisa Bonet, Rosario Dawson, Paula Patton, Janet Jackson and they tell me things are pretty darn good for them. Though, you'll have to excuse my delay in responding, some of them are mighty chatty.

Of course it's hyperbole, BUT you get my point, the day where inequal opportunity existed is long gone....the fact that these women could do so well for themselves in the USA is a testament that those statues were exactly the types of mnemonics that people would look at and say "im glad those days are gone"....removing them will, mark my words, allow people to forget.

For every woman of color you can name that HAS been oppressed in the south I can name a white woman who has been equally as oppressed in the south. It's not racism though or some "statue" that is oppressing them, it's inherent human nature and greed which is colorblind....color is just a convenient way of excusing ones unwillingness to perservere whether that color be pigmented or not.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Imagine what it's like for a woman of color living in the South... put yourself in those shoes for a bit.

Well, I just got off the phone with Beyonce, Rihanna, Halle Berry, Angela Basset, Oprah Winfrey, Sanaa Lathan, Whoopi Goldberg, Kerry Washington, Regina King, Queen Latifah, Gabrielle Union, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Jennifer Hudson, Vivica Fox, Keke Palmer, Phylicia Rashad, Lisa Bonet, Rosario Dawson, Paula Patton, Janet Jackson and they tell me things are pretty darn good for them. Though, you'll have to excuse my delay in responding, some of them are mighty chatty.

Of course it's hyperbole, BUT you get my point, the day where inequal opportunity existed is long gone....the fact that these women could do so well for themselves in the USA is a testament that those statues were exactly the types of mnemonics that people would look at and say "im glad those days are gone"....removing them will, mark my words, allow people to forget.

For every woman of color you can name that HAS been oppressed in the south I can name a white woman who has been equally as oppressed in the south. It's not racism though or some "statue" that is oppressing them, it's inherent human nature and greed which is colorblind....color is just a convenient way of excusing ones unwillingness to perservere whether that color be pigmented or not.

No... I don't get your point. Even during times of heavy discrimination, entertainers have always been the exception to the rule. I honestly thought you wanted to discuss this seriously.... guess I was wrong.

I'm assuming you're a white male... so forgive me if you are not. There is nothing convenient about being non-white in this country, especially the South. Sure there are exceptions but for the majority, it's more struggle than most white folks could put up with. I have many friends who are black, we discus these topics candidly.

No one has forgotten about the Nazis, Lenin, Sadam Hussein, etc... Our history will not be forgotten with the removal/relocation of confederate monuments. Only the "white pride" will be forgotten.... maybe that's what you all are afraid of..

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I don't recall white women having to sit in the back of the bus or restaurants in the south. And they damn sure didn't give up their seats to a white man.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I don't recall white women having to sit in the back of the bus or restaurants in the south. And they damn sure didn't give up their seats to a white man.

Now, we're talking about now. The past is the past....the challenge put forth to me was exactly "imagine what its like for a woman of color living in the south.....", it was NOT "imaginewhat its like for a woman of color living in the south in 1860...."

All the CURRENT turmoil is related to now, not over 100 years ago.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No... I don't get your point.

Clearly.

.... guess I was wrong.

Clearly.

I'm assuming you're a white male...

It seems to me that perhaps a lot of your frustration comes from an over abundance of assuming.

.... maybe that's what you all are afraid of..

I'm not afraid of a damned thing.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That was in my lifetime in 50"s and 60" Mississippi. I clearly remember labels every where. Whites only and Negroes only. Oprah probably does too if she's 60.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm done with the nonsense of the left and right. Neither CNN nor InfoWars or Drudge Report are capable of holding my interest or attention, any more.

Establishment Republicans and establishment Washington, whether left or right, have all been corrupted by power, and what kind of power is it if it only seeks to serve a certain narrow self-interested agenda for it's own sake and not, really and truly, to serve the mutual best interests of the American people and the larger world?

"I came not to be served, but to serve. Don't argue about who's greater (idiots). The greatest among ye will be the servant of all!" (Jesus, paraphrased).

I must say however that the left has no real argument any more, and that furthermore, there's also a creepy and lost place where the left meets the left hand path, on a whole bunch of levels, and that's just creepy.

What's needed is a new Democratic Party under entirely new leadership and influencers.

The right at least have an argument of sorts, that's all about self-determination and the pursuit of things like family values and faith and true charity without the government raiding your pocket to do it on your behalf; government that governs best governs least, ceding power to the states to address local concerns from the bottom up instead of the top down, etc. It's somewhat libertarian, and at a fundamental level it could be thought of as a type of classic liberalism of a sort, whereby liberal is synonymous with freedom, and individual civil liberty.

Government of by and for, the people.

It's not about celebrity and it can't be all about simply hating Donald Trump (albeit who is a bit of an idiot in so many ways ie: blind).

The left has lost it, I agree, but the whole left/right paradigm and dialectic, which pits one group of people against another is about to finish the job and ruin the country if you don't all open your eyes and wake TF up and learn how to be more loving and more tolerant of each other and one another's socio-political viewpoints or economic status, or influence status.

If you don't start coming to power amid a smartening up process, then all is lost and we really are witnessing the fall of American influence and credibility in the world, no matter what highs the Dow Jones Industrial Average is able to reach. None of that matters if the spiritual, as much as the economic well being of the American people is not tended to by informed and enlightened thought leaders in every sphere of influence, which to be influential and relevant, must ignore altogether the prevailing left/right paradigm, particularly one that's born of hatred and intolerance towards "the other".

You must come to power or all is lost.

The only question remaining being, do you run as a Republican or a Democrat?

What are these things, these parties, when we separate the personalities (Clinton, Obama, Celebs, etc) from the principals at the heart of the matter?

It's time to get back to basics and back to the root and source, while also hacking directly at the very root of a very bad tree, the tree of duality.

Best regards,

Ankh

edit on 24-8-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Clearly you are afraid.... as well you should be.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Did I say that "I" was going to shoot anybody? Or that I even had a gun. You are so determined to say that I'm threatening people that you are only making a fool out of yourself.

There are others in these southern mountains who may do such a thing. I would very much like to see this stopped before it gets to that point but the pushing is incessant and extreme.

Seriously, you confused canuck, GIVE IT UP. No threats from me, stop putting words in my mouth. But if you have your panties in a wad that tightly, go ahead and let the mods decide.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

You guys can spew all the BS you want. Those of us who haven't been guzzling the Trump-spunk know where your heads are at... planted firmly up your ass.

Wow. Obscene and totally unnecessary, but completely expected from an angry leftist. I didn't vote for Trump, I am an independent, but again, don't let facts get in the way of your homo-erotic fantasies.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Again, excellent post. I keep mentioning a slippery slope, and how it will be bad for EVERYBODY, regardless of political affiliation or philosophy. I'm amazed how this point is lost on the majority of readers.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
I'm done with the nonsense of the left and right. Neither CNN nor InfoWars or Drudge Report are capable of holding my interest or attention, any more.

Establishment Republicans and establishment Washington, whether left or right, have all been corrupted by power, and what kind of power is it if it only seeks to serve a certain narrow self-interested agenda for it's own sake and not, really and truly, to serve the mutual best interests of the American people and the larger world?

"I came not to be served, but to serve. Don't argue about who's greater (idiots). The greatest among ye will be the servant of all!" (Jesus, paraphrased).

I must say however that the left has no real argument any more, and that furthermore, there's also a creepy and lost place where the left meets the left hand path, on a whole bunch of levels, and that's just creepy.

What's needed is a new Democratic Party under entirely new leadership and influencers.

The right at least have an argument of sorts, that's all about self-determination and the pursuit of things like family values and faith and true charity without the government raiding your pocket to do it on your behalf; government that governs best governs least, ceding power to the states to address local concerns from the bottom up instead of the top down, etc. It's somewhat libertarian, and at a fundamental level it could be thought of as a type of classic liberalism of a sort, whereby liberal is synonymous with freedom, and individual civil liberty.

It's not about celebrity and it can't be all about simply hating Donald Trump (albeit who is a bit of an idiot in so many ways ie: blind).

The left has lost it, I agree, but the whole left/right paradigm and dialectic, which pits one group of people against another is about to finish the job and ruin the country if you don't all open your eyes and wake TF up and learn how to be more loving and more tolerant of each other and one another's socio-political viewpoints or economic status, or influence status.

If you don't start coming to power amid a smartening up process, then all is lost and we really are witnessing the fall of American influence and credibility in the world, no matter what highs the Dow Jones Industrial Average is able to reach. None of that matters if the spiritual, as much as the economic well being of the American people is not tended to by informed and enlightened thought leaders in every sphere of influence, which to be influential and relevant, must ignore altogether the prevailing left/right paradigm, particularly one that's born of hatred and intolerance towards "the other".

What are these things, these parties, when we separate the personalities (Clinton, Obama, Celebs, etc) from the principals at the heart of the matter?

It's time to get back to basics and back to the root and source, while also hacking directly at the very root of a very bad tree, the tree of duality.

Best regards,

Ankh

Excellent. Very well written. Behind the insanity of this dichotomy is a nasty plan. There can be no other explanation.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

You guys can spew all the BS you want. Those of us who haven't been guzzling the Trump-spunk know where your heads are at... planted firmly up your ass.

Wow. Obscene and totally unnecessary, but completely expected from an angry leftist. I didn't vote for Trump, I am an independent, but again, don't let facts get in the way of your homo-erotic fantasies.

Oh sorry...didn't mean to offend your delicate sensibilities.... lol... but thanks for proving to everyone that you're homophobic as well as a douche bag.

edit on 24-8-2017 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Oh sorry...didn't mean to offend your delicate sensibilities.... lol... but thanks for proving to everyone that you're homophobic as well as a douche bag.

Sure, whatever you want to think. Your posts are, as a rule, rather dull and full of insults, not to mention, you continually use the same words that are left-sanctioned as the only words allowed to be used when you want to attack.

Got any more PC insults you want to throw from the monkey cage, or is it low on feces?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

Best regards,

Ankh

Excellent. Very well written. Behind the insanity of this dichotomy is a nasty plan. There can be no other explanation.

It's absurd.

Whoever knows this or come to know it, can't unknow it once they do.

It's like a wedge, and when you get to the corner, both sides, both walls, fall, as both paradigms, neither of which have been left standing, cannot help but fall and crumble away maybe even to a gale of laughter at the absurdity of it all. Thump.

That this whole left/right dialectic is being allowed to tear a bunch of good people apart, is and has become intolerable, where it could be said that it takes two to tango.

Who loses? Who wins? What's relevant?

The gap in the gateway of authentic leadership, that's just so great right now, and the opportunity for a better world, never better, given how bad it is in so many ways as a stark point of contrast.

"The harvest is ripe but alas the workers are so few in number!"

No one is stepping up to the plate, at any level, just arguing, one side against another pitted in a fierce struggle over what amounts to an irrational absurdity, at every level.

Blessed are you if you walk straight into it with your head held high and proclaim your very birthright whether given by God or woven right into the very fabric and heart of things (for the atheists), while also retaining your own sense of dignity, humor, mirth and charm in the process and without compromising and without giving in to the swamp.

We need a sea change, a rise in civil conscious awareness and the current "debate" only highlights how absurd and ridiculous the whole thing is.

Maybe it is high time to just go ahead and realize and enjoy the promise of the American dream for all those with a great idea and the will and hard work to make it happen.

This divide, is unbecoming of the American people and the United States itself, and by that I'm not pointing any fingers since both sides, in the way they're handling it, are to blame.

I'm praying for the awakening that this divide is bringing about and it doesn't require a person to be a die hard Trump loyalist, or a hard leftist - in fact one is trapped in either such case, brainwashed, to a degree at some level. How sad.

"The more that sorrow and suffering has carved into our being, the more joy we can contain." (Kahlil Gibran)

"All happiness for man must arise exclusively in relation to some unhappiness, also experienced." (Gurdjieff)

The real terror is the potential for a total loss of humor in the face of the magnitude of the absurdity and the predicament. Woe to those who would rather be right than to be charming and loving towards their neighbor. That would be the only possible tragedy, and it's happening around kitchen tables all across the country. Sad.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Ouch that stings... monkey cage ... good one. Sorry to disappoint you. I'll try to be more entertaining.. like a good little monkey should.

Left-sanctioned words... that's good too. You are on a roll my friend... earning that paycheck.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Clearly you are afraid.... as well you should be.

You really think so? And what is it you think I should be afraid of?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

That was in my lifetime in 50"s and 60" Mississippi. I clearly remember labels every where. Whites only and Negroes only. Oprah probably does too if she's 60.

Which is still 67 and 57 years ago respectively. My comment post-dates that by at least 2 orders of magnitude. Remembering it, and thinking you're still living it because some works of art (that existed then AS WELL AS now when none of the back of the bus issues remain) remain intact is asinine.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Ouch that stings... monkey cage ... good one. Sorry to disappoint you. I'll try to be more entertaining.. like a good little monkey should.

Left-sanctioned words... that's good too. You are on a roll my friend... earning that paycheck.

Meh. It doesn't pay as much as the $25 plus bucks an hour to be 'enthusiastic' during a 'protest' in which I am bussed in from elsewhere to foment dissent and pepper spray the alt-right......in fact, it pays NOTHING except my own satisfaction, but thanks.

Good lil' minkey.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join