It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says the 'alt-left' bears some responsibility for violence in Charlottesville

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

You should join the president's communication team. That's some amazing shuck and jive. In Trump's quote, he implores Americans to "believe" him. I don't believe serial liars, so that actually reinforces my point about him carving out a role in society for the benevolent American Nazi or the good white supremacist.

The sad thing is that the KKK, BLM, and antifa have at the very least one thing in common. Democrats started them. So you may want to think a little longer about who you trust. Different times, same tune.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wow!!! Holy Sh*t Balls!!!!

He's claiming he watched the video's closer than everyone else.

He's calling them Fake News again.

He's claiming nobody else knows the facts. (But I guess he's implying he does.)

He's defending Neo-Nazi and White Supremacy and blaming the people apposed to them for the violence.

WTF is he doing??? He's lost his GD mind. This man might actually kick off a civil war himself and a rebellion within his own Government if he keeps this up.

link   
Trump' s ideologies facicilate racism towards anybody who isn't white.

If you can't see this then you are part of the problem.

The election of this man has played straight into this agenda which all you poor victim male whities are going in about.

More voice from the left, more protests from the right as they feel like they are more empowered by the new President.

You laid your own bed, America's #ed.

Racism was very alive in America pre Trump, now it's evidently come out if the woodwork to an extent which i don't see you coming back from.

Isn't it sad that there are still people in what is perceived to be the modern and most civilised countru in the world, who would still want to see black people lynched or buck breaked due to how the precieve them?

You have gone backwards. I believe in free speech but when these ideologies were fought in several wars, it's time to stop the hate and educate properly, even if that means sending them to jail.

link   

Ohhh I get it,its your implied meaning you're sitting here shoveling into his,mouth...guess if,you say it,enough,times those too lazy to listen for themselves will believe it. Great strategy!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: justagod

I'm actually starting to lean towards him being the Dean from Community.

edit on 8/15/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Why can't he just admit being wrong instead of just shifting blame?

What is he wrong about?

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The mayor made sure the Unite the Right rally got shut down before it even started then forced them to march through a gauntlet of counter protesters with no police intervention. Many on the right got hit with rocks, bottles, mace and even balloons full of urine. Way to protect the rights of ALL Americans Mr. Mayor.

Since Trump wasn't there and had no connection what difference does it make what he says about it?
Obama let Baltimore and Ferguson burn out of control without a peep.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

LOL.....And this is him on vacation!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The phrase "alt-right" was for all practical purposes coined by Richard Spencer.

Richard Spencer is a White Nationalist and Supremacist.

That is the basis of the philosophy he coined the name for.

Use of the derivative "Alt-Left" demonstrates exactly where Trump gets his "news" from.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That is sad. Sad because we are all agreeing that people can be completely 2 dimensional, summarized down to their worst traits.

There are racists everywhere. We all get along with them 90% of the time, because in a polite society that sort of thing is rarely brought out to discuss. In modern society, we all wear our various affiliations on our sleeve. Our real lives are nothing more than a meatspace profile that we put out for the world to peruse. It didn't use to be this way.

I think that there are likely decent folks doing stupid things on both sides. I'd wager a bet than most followers of any ideology only do so out of a social obligation that is percieved.

Nonetheless, i cannot reserve any kind feelings for either side of the farce. Antifa IS Nazi as far as I can tell. If a measure is taken that decides one is "evil", then that same measure will return the same conclusion on "the other side". That all being said, i refuse to be dragged into any "side" here. Other than the side that points at the government (city, state, and local) and blames them for creating this mess to begin with.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's pretty interesting to watch how people are automatically getting defensive now that he called out all sides. Thanks Trump.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

You should join the president's communication team. That's some amazing shuck and jive. In Trump's quote, he implores Americans to "believe" him. I don't believe serial liars, so that actually reinforces my point about him carving out a role in society for the benevolent American Nazi or the good white supremacist.

The sad thing is that the KKK, BLM, and antifa have at the very least one thing in common. Democrats started them. So you may want to think a little longer about who you trust. Different times, same tune.

And you are doing the same damn equivocation. Just because a group forms, well, a group, doesn't make them equal to other groups. BLM has real grievances with the police treatment of black people. Antifa is a loosely affiliated group of anarchists. Anarchists are pretty useless, actually.

Antifa has more in common with fundamentalist libertarianism than anything else, but I wouldn't say they're one and the same.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

But when the Nazis surrounded and assaulted a small group of UVA students the night before that was good will. Also, let's not forget that we have clergy and faith leaders stating that it was Nazis that were the aggressors and that if it weren't for Antifa they would have been crushed. But I'm sure the men of God are lying and the literal Nazis are in the right.

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The headline's will read "Trump says White Supremacists are fine people..."

Wow. Edumakated called that right on the first page of the OP. lol. Amazing.

link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead
Trump' s ideologies facicilate racism towards anybody who isn't white.

If you can't see this then you are part of the problem.

The election of this man has played straight into this agenda which all you poor victim male whities are going in about.

More voice from the left, more protests from the right as they feel like they are more empowered by the new President.

You laid your own bed, America's #ed.

Racism was very alive in America pre Trump, now it's evidently come out if the woodwork to an extent which i don't see you coming back from.

Isn't it sad that there are still people in what is perceived to be the modern and most civilised countru in the world, who would still want to see black people lynched or buck breaked due to how the precieve them?

You have gone backwards. I believe in free speech but when these ideologies were fought in several wars, it's time to stop the hate and educate properly, even if that means sending them to jail.

This. Well said!

link   

Yeah, well it wasn't a bunch of Racist White Nationalist Democrats who just had a rally named "Unite the Right" now is it???

No. I believe that "Unite the Right" were various Right Wing and Conservative White Supremacy Groups. Maybe some Libertarians in there too and probably just some plain old non-partisan Racists.

If you think the Democrats and the KKK have anything in common today I'd say you should lay off the pipe pal.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: windword

a reply to: windword

There were 2 sides in WWII too, the Fascists Nazi's side and the other side. Both brought big guns to the fight. But, I guess Trump would have had a hard time picking sides then too. Good people on both sides, right?

Apparently you having problems understanding that both groups are different sides of the same coin.

No. There was one side that was calling for the extermination of all non-white American's, claiming the streets were their own, chanting the NAZI chant "Blood and Soil", and calling for White Sharia Law, while carrying semi automatic assault rifles, pepper spay and torches.

Then there was the side that still hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal.

Hmm. When members of that group Antifa, were beating women at the milo rally in Berkley, were they also claiming aall men were created equally?

When they were beating an inncoent guy with a bike lock, was that in the name of equality?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Alt-right leader Richard Spencer told reporters from his "office" on Monday that he doesn’t think President Donald Trump condemned his movement when he denounced neo-Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan, and white supremacists.

"His statement today was more kumbaya nonsense," said Spencer, who attended and was slated to speak at the white nationalist "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Saturday. "Only a dumb person would take those lines seriously."

Business Insider

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Pretty sure alt right was coined by hillary clinton or one of her speech writers .

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
"Trump says the 'alt-left' bears some responsibility for violence in Charlottesville"

Yes, that.

Both sides are responsible for fielding a team of idiots and morons.

Woah, wait a minute here. What 2 sides are we talking about here? Because if we are indeed talking about the 2 sides that were in Charlottesville, which was 1) neo-Nazis, white nationalists, alt-right, far-right and 2) largely people who are anti-1, along with, yes, some antifa, alt-left, far-left. Are we seriously trying to put some sort of equivalency on these two groups? Is Trump seriously saying that group 2 was just as responsible for the cowardly-a$$ move by a member of group 1? Because that just won't stand. This guy, and many on here, are so f-ing tone deaf to what really happened here and what these two groups represent, it's pathetic.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join