It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says the 'alt-left' bears some responsibility for violence in Charlottesville

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
NC KKK leader aligns with this rhetoric:

"We were out there and I seen a lot of communist flags and anti-fascist and we're going to see more stuff like this," Moore said. "White people are getting fed up with the double standard setup in America today by the controlled press."

I keep seeing the same thing said even on this very site.

The TPTB want a war, you're feeding right into it.

"We should have been able to go out there and have our protest and it should have been peaceful but it's the anti-fascist and the communists [...] continuing to try and stop us," he continued. "So I think there will be more violence like this in the future to come."

Yeah well your side wasn't exactly innocent snowflake. They can't be Anti Fascist, which many peaceful locals of the city were marching about? So much for freedom of speech!

Hope they find the man who pulled the gun on the African American man you guys were beating on.

"Nothing makes us more proud at the KKK than we see white patriots such as James Fields Jr, age 20, taking his car and running over nine communist anti-fascist, killing one [expletive]-lover named Heather Heyer," the recorded message says. "James Fields hail victory. It's men like you that have made the great white race strong and will be strong again."

Source

link   
Well, ya know, the Nazi's had a permit after all, and the others didn't. Not fair. They should have been able to do whatever they wanted, then a bunch of do-gooders came along and spoiled everything.

Look. Any group that comes to a protest with masks, cans of pepper spray, guns, and shields GOT style, aren't looking for a peaceful protest. Anything but. Eat it.

link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: icanteven

Ohhh I get it,its your implied meaning you're sitting here shoveling into his,mouth...guess if,you say it,enough,times those too lazy to listen for themselves will believe it. Great strategy!

You will never learn anything about Trump if you read his quotes in isolation. You need to look at his whole body of work as a political figure since he plays fast and lose with the truth so much. He said both sides have good people. Self-identified Nazis and white supremacists are not good people.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Who are the ANTIFA folks "racist" against?

They're a violent political group and that's enough to condemn them ... but do they have a racist message?

Like, you know, the organizers, planners and participants at the "Unite the Right" rally?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

And you are doing the same damn equivocation. Just because a group forms, well, a group, doesn't make them equal to other groups. BLM has real grievances with the police treatment of black people. Antifa is a loosely affiliated group of anarchists. Anarchists are pretty useless, actually.

So you believe in solutions through violence in this country? Because that is what each of these groups are doing.

Antifa has more in common with fundamentalist libertarianism than anything else, but I wouldn't say they're one and the same.

Well if violence in the fundamentalist libertarianism's mechnanism sure they are. Equivocation.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
trump is literally the worst. i feel like i've just used up all my words to describe what a terrible, bad, destructive person he is. i can't believe this is our president, a dickhead who pats nazis on the head and tells them they're doing good stuff. #ing sick.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

originally posted by: Black_Fox
"Trump says the 'alt-left' bears some responsibility for violence in Charlottesville"

Yes, that.

Both sides are responsible for fielding a team of idiots and morons.

Woah, wait a minute here. What 2 sides are we talking about here? Because if we are indeed talking about the 2 sides that were in Charlottesville, which was 1) neo-Nazis, white nationalists, alt-right, far-right and 2) largely people who are anti-1, along with, yes, some antifa, alt-left, far-left. Are we seriously trying to put some sort of equivalency on these two groups? Is Trump seriously saying that group 2 was just as responsible for the cowardly-a$$ move by a member of group 1? Because that just won't stand. This guy, and many on here, are so f-ing tone deaf to what really happened here and what these two groups represent, it's pathetic.

Berkeley and Ferguson. Look it up.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The mayor made sure the Unite the Right rally got shut down before it even started then forced them to march through a gauntlet of counter protesters with no police intervention. Many on the right got hit with rocks, bottles, mace and even balloons full of urine. Way to protect the rights of ALL Americans Mr. Mayor.

Yet you are ok with them wanting to take us back where blacks get attacked because they're veiwed as lesser people? Battered, bottled and spat at in the street?

I'd rather a few uneducated assholes be victims of that than millions of people.

They're message isn't to be tolerated, it wasn't before and it shouldn't again.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Use of the derivative "Alt-Left" demonstrates exactly where Trump gets his "news" from.

Bing Bing Bing!!!!!

Give this man a prize!!!!

That exactly correct!!!

The Alt-Left isn't a thing. The Alt-Right is. The Alt-Right is an established organization which exists. No Alt-Left exists at all. But it is a term used by certain people as some kind of inside joke/insult. But everyone knows there is no such established organization of people calling themselves the Alt-Left.

Only Propaganda news, Alt-Righters, some ATSers, etc. would even use that term. Just who exactly is Trump speaking to in order to pick up such a thing???

I thought just him watching Fox News was bad. He may actually be getting his news from Stormfront first hand.

+4 more 
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
trump is literally the worst. i feel like i've just used up all my words to describe what a terrible, bad, destructive person he is. i can't believe this is our president, a dickhead who pats nazis on the head and tells them they're doing good stuff. #ing sick.

My computer must be messed up. I watched the video and didn't see him saying nazis were doing good stuff.

Can you point me to where on the video he said that?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Wow!!! Holy Sh*t Balls!!!!

He's claiming he watched the video's closer than everyone else.

He's calling them Fake News again.

He's claiming nobody else knows the facts. (But I guess he's implying he does.)

He's defending Neo-Nazi and White Supremacy and blaming the people apposed to them for the violence.

WTF is he doing??? He's lost his GD mind. This man might actually kick off a civil war himself and a rebellion within his own Government if he keeps this up.

Has it ever occurred to you that FBI agents were in the crowds taking their own film which Trump has exclusive access to? Certain intelligence reports exclusive to him alone? Damn, this just happened 3 days ago! Who knows what from what sources other than MSM sensationalism?

Yes, POTUS has access to intelligence perspectives civilians do not.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I thought just him watching Fox News was bad. He may actually be getting his news from Stormfront first hand.

Hahahaha!!!!

This is as good as the Obama is a secret Muslim stuff!

Any more theories?

Perhaps you saw trump with a white hood?
edit on 15-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

link   

They're a violent political group and that's enough to condemn them ... but do they have a racist message?

Like, you know, the organizers, planners and participants at the "Unite the Right" rally?

Antifa is not a political movement. They are anti-capitalism and anti-fascists at their core. I'm not even sure if the U.S. based Antifa are the real deal. Something seems off about them.

link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: mOjOm

The headline's will read "Trump says White Supremacists are fine people..."

Wow. Edumakated called that right on the first page of the OP. lol. Amazing.

Wow, maybe you need glasses because I never said that.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Trump says the 'alt-left' bears some responsibility for violence in Charlottesville

Of course they do. They're starting most of this sh*t.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

And you are doing the same damn equivocation. Just because a group forms, well, a group, doesn't make them equal to other groups. BLM has real grievances with the police treatment of black people. Antifa is a loosely affiliated group of anarchists. Anarchists are pretty useless, actually.

So you believe in solutions through violence in this country? Because that is what each of these groups are doing.

Antifa has more in common with fundamentalist libertarianism than anything else, but I wouldn't say they're one and the same.

Well if violence in the fundamentalist libertarianism's mechnanism sure they are. Equivocation.

Personally, I subscribe to MLK's ideas about nonviolent resistance as the antidote to bigotry and discrimination. You won't find me praising violence from the likes of neo Nazis, the KKK, antifa, or any other group that uses physical intimidation (that also includes the fully-armed "unite the righters" openly carrying guns).

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Antifa is not a political movement. They are anti-capitalism and anti-fascists at their core. I'm not even sure if the U.S. based Antifa are the real deal. Something seems off about them.

Partially correct. I won't quibble.

However, is there a racist component?

There are several posters here attempting to depict both "sides" as racist ... and while I'm not going to fight the BLM definition again ... ANTIFA is not racist ... at least to my knowledge.

EDIT: And of course, "ANIFA" is a collective term for a series of disparate groups of people, not nearly as organized as the groups attempting to "Unite" at the Charlotteville rally.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: UbiquityInMotion

Yes, POTUS has access to intelligence perspectives civilians do not.

Then he probably knows that some of the more violent aspects on the left were his people's own plants.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The mayor made sure the Unite the Right rally got shut down before it even started then forced them to march through a gauntlet of counter protesters with no police intervention. Many on the right got hit with rocks, bottles, mace and even balloons full of urine. Way to protect the rights of ALL Americans Mr. Mayor.

Yet you are ok with them wanting to take us back where blacks get attacked because they're veiwed as lesser people? Battered, bottled and spat at in the street?

I'd rather a few uneducated assholes be victims of that than millions of people.

They're message isn't to be tolerated, it wasn't before and it shouldn't again.

Hmm. Were you ok with antifa beating people at Berkley?

There message isn't tolerated. They are free to express it and be ridiculed.

You are cheering for the same people that pepper sprayed that girl. You are cheering for thought police; you can freely attack people based on the assertion that they are a nazi.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UbiquityInMotion

Has it ever occurred to you that Trump is completely full of sh*t and he says stuff like that every time he's in a rough spot and is lying his way out.

That he claims to have information which he doesn't and never at any point does he have any details about what it is or where he got it from but only makes that unsupported claim then moves on.

NO??? Well then you aren't paying attention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join