It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says the 'alt-left' bears some responsibility for violence in Charlottesville

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: mOjOm

If you think the Democrats and the KKK have anything in common today I'd say you should lay off the pipe pal.

Antifa? BLM? KKK? All use violence. But I guess that is not enough evidence for you huh?

So where is the part where you explain how the KKK and Democrats are connected in today's world??? Because that is what you were suggesting.

Antifa also I thought was more or less an Anarchy type movement. Against all power structures be it on the Left or the Right??? But maybe I'm wrong.

BLM is a group which is against Racism. If they're on the Left, like you say, then maybe that's because they've simply taken the side which isn't promoting Racism against them. That's just a guess though. I'm not one of them nor do I know a whole lot about them either. Can you prove they are Democrats???

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

If you think the Democrats and the KKK have anything in common today I'd say you should lay off the pipe pal.

Antifa? BLM? KKK? All use violence. But I guess that is not enough evidence for you huh?

So where is the part where you explain how the KKK and Democrats are connected in today's world??? Because that is what you were suggesting.

Antifa also I thought was more or less an Anarchy type movement. Against all power structures be it on the Left or the Right??? But maybe I'm wrong.

BLM is a group which is against Racism. If they're on the Left, like you say, then maybe that's because they've simply taken the side which isn't promoting Racism against them. That's just a guess though. I'm not one of them nor do I know a whole lot about them either. Can you prove they are Democrats???

95% of blacks vote Democrat... It isn't a stretch to think that BLM is largely made of Democrats.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I thought just him watching Fox News was bad. He may actually be getting his news from Stormfront first hand.

Hahahaha!!!!

This is as good as the Obama is a secret Muslim stuff!

Any more theories?

Perhaps you saw trump with a white hood?

Oh I have plenty of theories. One is about how Gambler doesn't understand "tongue-in-cheek" humor when he hears it.

Obviously I have no idea if Trump reads Stormfront or not. But he does watch Fox News and thinks it's really news. We also know he listens to other Right Wing Media as well like Savage.

You seem upset that your great leader might really be a closet racist. Is that why you're so upset with me??? Because I didn't make him that way.

Fox sucks. So do the rest. Whats your point?

I assume you would prefer he listen to left wing news like you probably do that thinks all of the left wing people at Charlottesville, even those that showed up with ball bats and bricks and pepper spray were great noble people, and everyone on the right side were vile disgusting racist.

Must be nice living in that simple world.

But sure, it was just that simple.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Racism ... has to do with race.

You seem to be talking about discrimination and hatred.

That's the crux. Like i said not all Nazis are whites and believe it or not but they took the moderate route as well. You can find them all over the globe but they make up only a tiny fraction of the population.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
1. People that say Trump is racist, please give your definition of racism.
2. Trump never has been affiliated with the KKK, or David Duke.
3. Because David Duke says he supports Trump does not mean Trump supports David Duke.
4. Trump has a long history of verifiable things he has done that actually would make a rational person realize he is not a racist.
5. Trump is correct, the so called antifa (anti fascist) appear to have been taken over by the Soros faction and have in fact been responsible for more murders than anyone else in these type of things.
6. BLM has been taken over by the Soros moneys and have been related to several murders as well as untold property damage.
7. And yet point 5 and 6 are consistently ignored.
8. Trump has more honor than previous 4 presidents so people are taken aback that he actually speaks his mind instead of reading talking points from his parties focus groups.
9. Trump is doing a good job.
10. If you don't like Trump, you will never admit that. Because to admit that means that your so called social powers - your actual religion, will be lost. You will be cast out to drift in reality and that is scary, I understand, but go on, let go of all of this and swim in reality, go ahead and accept nature as it really is and not how you want it to be, and you will finally feel correct and one with the cosmos. It's fun, shed the lies and the ambiguity and discover what you have always felt missing from your life.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The mayor made sure the Unite the Right rally got shut down before it even started then forced them to march through a gauntlet of counter protesters with no police intervention. Many on the right got hit with rocks, bottles, mace and even balloons full of urine. Way to protect the rights of ALL Americans Mr. Mayor.

Yet you are ok with them wanting to take us back where blacks get attacked because they're veiwed as lesser people? Battered, bottled and spat at in the street?

I'd rather a few uneducated assholes be victims of that than millions of people.

They're message isn't to be tolerated, it wasn't before and it shouldn't again.

Hmm. Were you ok with antifa beating people at Berkley?

There message isn't tolerated. They are free to express it and be ridiculed.

You are cheering for the same people that pepper sprayed that girl. You are cheering for thought police; you can freely attack people based on the assertion that they are a nazi.

I think you're one of the people who is grateful for antifa's violent protests at Berkeley. Why won't you admit it? You may not like them, but you sure do love talking about them.

The opposite of white nationalism isn't antifa. No, the opposite of white nationalists are everyday Americans who won't stand for a president making lazy equivocations.

You can think you have the moral high ground all you want. The fact is there is only one of us justifying violence, and that is you.

No, it's you that justify violence by offering a rhetorical safe haven by towing the false equivalency line.

Regarding violence, it sickens me. But I don't feel a great need to spend a single pixel offering any kind of support to the neo Nazi message. People tend to forget that peaceful protesters put their body at risk by just showing up. Yet we still do, time after time.

link   

Who are the ANTIFA folks "racist" against?

They're a violent political group and that's enough to condemn them ... but do they have a racist message?

Like, you know, the organizers, planners and participants at the "Unite the Right" rally?

Having a racist opinion is not against the law, though. There is no equivocation there.

If the the racist group had a permit, then I am not sure that their actions (initially) were illegal in any way. When Antifa showed up to create a confrontation, all hell broke loose.

I tend to take the approach of "let the racists talk amongst themselves...i don't care to hear it" and won't go anywhere near where I know folks like that are. If there were a Nazi rally in my hometown, i'd stay on the other side of town that day. With that viewpoint, I can only say that "fault" here lies with Antifa and the local officials who failed to properly police an event that they permitted.

Unless they didn't permit the rally, in which case the fault is shared between the Nazi's and the Terrorists.

link   

That's like saying not all Americans are Capitalists. Germany's government was ruled by Nazism and Nazi philosophy, doctrine and rhetoric. All Germans were subject to it. When the US joined the allies in WWII, we fought against Nazi Germany, not just some extra bad Germans, but the entire country. There were no "many sides". There was our side and the enemy's side. (Hint: The Nazis were the enemy)

When it comes to a choice between Fascist Nazi ideals and American ideals there are not "many sides". One is incompatible with the other.

edit on 15-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Who are the ANTIFA folks "racist" against?

They're a violent political group and that's enough to condemn them ... but do they have a racist message?

Like, you know, the organizers, planners and participants at the "Unite the Right" rally?

Antifa is not a political movement. They are anti-capitalism and anti-fascists at their core. I'm not even sure if the U.S. based Antifa are the real deal. Something seems off about them.

Partially correct. I won't quibble.

However, is there a racist component?

There are several posters here attempting to depict both "sides" as racist ... and while I'm not going to fight the BLM definition again ... ANTIFA is not racist ... at least to my knowledge.

Truly depends on your definition of racism. From my point of view Antifa exhibits racist tendencies towards Nazis(who are not all whites mind you) because they don't like their ideology just based of what happened 80 years ago. It's basically an endless circle of hate and violence. I admit the lines are kinda blurry on the whole racism issue.

Wow, did you really just write that? So antifa are "racist" because they think Nazi ideology is repugnant, which it was 80 years ago and still is today, and the neo-Nazis are blindingly obviously racist in their hatred of jews, blacks, etc - essentially anyone not white - and there's supposed to be some assemblance of equivalency there? Are you serious?

link   

You seem upset that your great leader might really be a closet racist.

Hey Gambler. Did that hurt? Or has it really lost it's sting coming from an atifa supporting anti-Trumper?

HaHaHa. He 3daysgone. Your lies trying to link me to all the groups you hate can be viewed in the same way as how you feel about being called racist.

You do it so often and are never correct about any of it that it's lost all meaning and effect on me. But don't let that stop you. I enjoy watching you make sh*t up so that I can point out the fact that you're lying when you say it. It gives me great pleasure to expose people who lie when they speak publicly.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

95% of blacks vote Democrat... It isn't a stretch to think that BLM is largely made of Democrats.

Well, how many blacks simply don't vote at all??

Might they also be BLM supporters???

You should provide links to support Numbers like that also BTW.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

So where is the part where you explain how the KKK and Democrats are connected in today's world???

How about we start with the extreme groups that they create. Violence is a common theme there.

Nope. They are a far left group of so called anti fascists, that claim to have a problem with fascism, but apparently not the techniques fascist's use.

BLM is a group which is against Racism. If they're on the Left, like you say, then maybe that's because they've simply taken the side which isn't promoting Racism against them.

While I agree with BLM's original premises, but when you start killing people I tend to reconsider the motives.

That's just a guess though. I'm not one of them nor do I know a whole lot about them either. Can you prove they are Democrats??

Good question. I believe that they actually brought the left to them.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The mayor made sure the Unite the Right rally got shut down before it even started then forced them to march through a gauntlet of counter protesters with no police intervention. Many on the right got hit with rocks, bottles, mace and even balloons full of urine. Way to protect the rights of ALL Americans Mr. Mayor.

Yet you are ok with them wanting to take us back where blacks get attacked because they're veiwed as lesser people? Battered, bottled and spat at in the street?

I'd rather a few uneducated assholes be victims of that than millions of people.

They're message isn't to be tolerated, it wasn't before and it shouldn't again.

Hmm. Were you ok with antifa beating people at Berkley?

There message isn't tolerated. They are free to express it and be ridiculed.

You are cheering for the same people that pepper sprayed that girl. You are cheering for thought police; you can freely attack people based on the assertion that they are a nazi.

I think you're one of the people who is grateful for antifa's violent protests at Berkeley. Why won't you admit it? You may not like them, but you sure do love talking about them.

The opposite of white nationalism isn't antifa. No, the opposite of white nationalists are everyday Americans who won't stand for a president making lazy equivocations.

You can think you have the moral high ground all you want. The fact is there is only one of us justifying violence, and that is you.

No, it's you that justify violence by offering a rhetorical safe haven by towing the false equivalency line.

Regarding violence, it sickens me. But I don't feel a great need to spend a single pixel offering any kind of support to the neo Nazi message. People tend to forget that peaceful protesters put their body at risk by just showing up. Yet we still do, time after time.

Show where I have even once remotely offered support for the neo nazi message?

Where did Trump support neo nazis?

Political violence is wrong. You are saying one side is more justified than the other because you find one sides message disgusting. I too find the message disgusting. But that doesn't mean that those enacting violence against them should get a pass.

Especially when that group you are downplaying has beaten innocent people that were not nazis.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

HaHaHa. He 3daysgone. Your lies trying to link me to all the groups you hate can be viewed in the same way as how you feel about being called racist.

So then you support Trump?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That's like saying not all Americans are Capitalists. Germany's government was ruled by Nazism and Nazi philosophy, doctrine and rhetoric. All Germans were subject to it. When the US joined the allies in WWII, we fought against Nazi Germany, not just some extra bad Germans, but the entire country. There were no "many sides". There was our side and the enemy's side. (Hint: The Nazis were the enemy)

When it comes to a choice between Fascist Nazi ideals and American ideals there are not "many sides". One is incompatible with the other.

Look up the bombardment of Dresden.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Well since you would just rather assume things about me rather than simply ask me when I'm right here I won't bother explaining what I think about people at Charlottesville or where I get my news from or what I think of people on the right.

But you're at least partially incorrect in all cases just so you know.

My point however was pretty clear I think. I made a little joke. You took it very seriously. Then I made another joke about you not getting the first joke.

Funny because once again, with that Avatar you have I thought you'd be much more inclined to understanding cynical and dark comedy than you apparently do.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UbiquityInMotion
Left = mind #
Right = mind #
Alt-left = mind #
Alt-right = mind #

All political leans are nothing more than well crafted indoctrinated mind #s designed to divide and conquer.
Belong to either party you are mindless puppets for the taking!

Sounds like a real cop-out.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Then there was the side that still hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal.

You forgot to add, "except those that don't think like us." to your antifa support statement.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: UbiquityInMotion
Left = mind #
Right = mind #
Alt-left = mind #
Alt-right = mind #

All political leans are nothing more than well crafted indoctrinated mind #s designed to divide and conquer.
Belong to either party you are mindless puppets for the taking!

Sounds like a real cop-out.

So you don't think "they" intended to divide us?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

Then there was the side that still hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal.

You forgot to add, "except those that don't think like us." to your antifa support statement.

If you're accusing me of being "anti-fascist", then I'm guilty as charged.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join