It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says the 'alt-left' bears some responsibility for violence in Charlottesville

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Why can't he just admit being wrong instead of just shifting blame?

How is he shifting blame when he is calling both side out?

If you are denying Antifa and BLM weren't violent and showed up for violence then you need to seek some help for your blind bias.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: xuenchen

Here at 41.45 of his speech.

He contradicts himself all through, says he wanted all the facts before making a statement, "not like you" to the press (where he probably got his info anyway)...then admits he didn't have all the facts..."That things were still going on"

Just as an aside, when you hear him talking about Made in America, he chooses Ireland as somewhere you can't bring things in from. Fair enough you might say, however when Trump built his golf club in Aberdeen Scotland, he chose to bring in the labour force, as well as some security heavies...from Ireland, not Scotland
Chump! (he did the same thing at Trump Tower)

edit on 15-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Left = mind #
Right = mind #
Alt-left = mind #
Alt-right = mind #

All political leans are nothing more than well crafted indoctrinated mind #s designed to divide and conquer.
Belong to either party you are mindless puppets for the taking!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Trump comes across as a Neo Nazi sympathizer too me.

As far as his condemning them, their violence, perhaps, their ideology and rhetoric, never.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

Equivocation is back. That didn't take long.

The statement that culpability is owned by both sides for the escalation into violence never should have left, because it's factually accurate.

And, he furthers the notion of such a thing as a benevolent Nazi. Some of them are good people, don't you see? The president says so.

I'm not sure if you understand this, but not EVERYONE that was there protesting the removal of the statue is a Nazi, White Supremacist, or the like. There probably were some very decent people in there who, upon the start of the violence, got the hell out of there because that's not why they were there.

As the president stated:

Not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me; not all of those people were white supremacists, by any stretch. Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue of Robert E. Lee.

So, yes, it's plausible that some people on both sides were good people.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Trump comes across as a Neo Nazi sympathizer too me.

As far as his condemning them, their violence, perhaps, their ideology and rhetoric, never.

All you did there was describe your bias and acknowledge that you cannot see past it.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: gortex

Here at 41.45 of his speech.

He contradicts himself all through, says he wanted all the facts before making a statement, "not like you" to the press (where he probably got his info anyway)...then admits he didn't have all the facts..."That things were still going on"

I think Trump gets his info from better sources than the goddamn idiots in the press.
He is right on the money, only you hating Leftists don't want to see it.
Now everyone is either a Nazi or a Nazi sympathizer......before this it was the Russians.
Who is next?

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I Agree with Trump 100%

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Trump tore into everyone at today's presser. Neo-nazis, ANTIFA, and especially the media. It's refreshing to see the POTUS call these situations out for what it is.

edit on 15-8-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: icanteven

Equivocation is back. That didn't take long.

The statement that culpability is owned by both sides for the escalation into violence never should have left, because it's factually accurate.

And, he furthers the notion of such a thing as a benevolent Nazi. Some of them are good people, don't you see? The president says so.

I'm not sure if you understand this, but not EVERYONE that was there protesting the removal of the statue is a Nazi, White Supremacist, or the like. There probably were some very decent people in there who, upon the start of the violence, got the hell out of there because that's not why they were there.

As the president stated:

Not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me; not all of those people were white supremacists, by any stretch. Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue of Robert E. Lee.

So, yes, it's plausible that some people on both sides were good people.

You should join the president's communication team. That's some amazing shuck and jive.

In Trump's quote, he implores Americans to "believe" him. I don't believe serial liars, so that actually reinforces my point about him carving out a role in society for the benevolent American Nazi or the good white supremacist.

link   
a reply to: windword

There were 2 sides in WWII too, the Fascists Nazi's side and the other side. Both brought big guns to the fight. But, I guess Trump would have had a hard time picking sides then too. Good people on both sides, right?

Apparently you having problems understanding that both groups are different sides of the same coin.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Shhhh...how dare you not misrepresent what he said...those civil war history buffs are definitely closet neo nazi kkk members. How on earth could good upstanding people defend history, er I mean...dirty rotten slave owning non-white people haters...

+3 more 
link   
Bravo Trump bravo, finally someone calling a spade a spade!!

link   

Well of course you did. He does to all anti Trumpers. They do not seek to understand him, they just seek to bash him.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
He is right but his clumsy wording will get him into trouble.

The good people on both sides line is probably true; I would bet there were non antifa people there protesting, and non white supremacists there on the right side, but it won't matter.

His reaction is to days of the press now ignoring the violence on the left and making those people seem like heroes.

When a NYT reporter commented on how the left also seemed violent and hate filled, she was shamed into claiming it was violence standing up to hate.

The violent leftists there are being praised in the media as heroes standing up to racists, and that is not the truth. They too are violent ideologues that label anyone they disagree with and call them a nazi.

People keep asking why they need to be called out, why not just focus on the right?

The reason is the left is trying to force the narrative that only the right is violent, and must be stopped. They have been craving a nazi boogeyman for so long, and unfortunately for them they have been lacking.

Well now they finally got one, and they can't wait to act like all the violence against all conservatives as of late by far left extremists is justified.

So Trump is right to bring up that both sides had violence.

link   

originally posted by: windword

There were 2 sides in WWII too, the Fascists Nazi's side and the other side. Both brought big guns to the fight. But, I guess Trump would have had a hard time picking sides then too. Good people on both sides, right?

Wow. You do know your side commited atrocities just as bad over there, right? Seriously what kind of bull# are they teaching in history class? It's vastly different from actual history books as it seems.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: g r e m l i n

link   
a reply to: icanteven

Would you mind pointing to a time stamp in the video or a quoted line from the presser in which he said there were fine upstanding neo nazis? I'm sure not everyone protesting the removal of the statue of Lee were white supremacist or neo nazi types.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: justagod

I agree. And judging by the flood of people with tiki torches marching through this thread, he hit the nail on the head with his base.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Apparently you having problems understanding that both groups are different sides of the same coin.

No. There was one side that was calling for the extermination of all non-white American's, claiming the streets were their own, chanting the NAZI chant "Blood and Soil", and calling for White Sharia Law, while carrying semi automatic assault rifles, pepper spay and torches.

Then there was the side that still hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal.
edit on 15-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: icanteven

Would you mind pointing to a time stamp in the video or a quoted line from the presser in which he said there were fine upstanding neo nazis? I'm sure not everyone protesting the removal of the statue of Lee were white supremacist or neo nazi types.

Now, don't be daft. I am summarizing what Trump said. Even he is smart enough not to say it outright.

It's okay for the right to embrace white nationalism. It's just not cool for them to say it.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join