It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says the 'alt-left' bears some responsibility for violence in Charlottesville

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

They're a violent political group and that's enough to condemn them ... but do they have a racist message?

Does that make it better? There are no reason's for violence, when someone is trying to use their freedom of speech. imo

link   

a reply to: windword

There were 2 sides in WWII too, the Fascists Nazi's side and the other side. Both brought big guns to the fight. But, I guess Trump would have had a hard time picking sides then too. Good people on both sides, right?

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Apparently you having problems understanding that both groups are different sides of the same coin.

Also, I guess all Germans were bad and all Americans were good... nice to have that view of the world...

edit on 15-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Who are the ANTIFA folks "racist" against?

They're a violent political group and that's enough to condemn them ... but do they have a racist message?

Like, you know, the organizers, planners and participants at the "Unite the Right" rally?

Antifa is not a political movement. They are anti-capitalism and anti-fascists at their core. I'm not even sure if the U.S. based Antifa are the real deal. Something seems off about them.

Partially correct. I won't quibble.

However, is there a racist component?

There are several posters here attempting to depict both "sides" as racist ... and while I'm not going to fight the BLM definition again ... ANTIFA is not racist ... at least to my knowledge.

I wouldn't say they are racist. They don't hate based on race, they hate based on ideas.

Whihc sounds more reasonable, but is actually just as bad because they hate any idea that doesn't agree with them, and feel that hating ideas justify violence.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Political violence is never appropriate.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
David Duke has posted a twitter thanking Trump for his speech today.

link   
Nazi-Wannabe-Let's-Kill-6-Million-More-Joos gets a thumbs up from the prez by way of tossing a false equivalancy crumb in their direction.

Never thought I'd live to see the day that this kind of sh** would rise to the surface once again.

I want off this planet.

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

If you think the Democrats and the KKK have anything in common today I'd say you should lay off the pipe pal.

Antifa? BLM? KKK? All use violence. But I guess that is not enough evidence for you huh?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The mayor made sure the Unite the Right rally got shut down before it even started then forced them to march through a gauntlet of counter protesters with no police intervention. Many on the right got hit with rocks, bottles, mace and even balloons full of urine. Way to protect the rights of ALL Americans Mr. Mayor.

Yet you are ok with them wanting to take us back where blacks get attacked because they're veiwed as lesser people? Battered, bottled and spat at in the street?

I'd rather a few uneducated assholes be victims of that than millions of people.

They're message isn't to be tolerated, it wasn't before and it shouldn't again.

Hmm. Were you ok with antifa beating people at Berkley?

There message isn't tolerated. They are free to express it and be ridiculed.

You are cheering for the same people that pepper sprayed that girl. You are cheering for thought police; you can freely attack people based on the assertion that they are a nazi.

I think you're one of the people who is grateful for antifa's violent protests at Berkeley. Why won't you admit it? You may not like them, but you sure do love talking about them.

The opposite of white nationalism isn't antifa. No, the opposite of white nationalists are everyday Americans who won't stand for a president making lazy equivocations.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Where's the blame on Alt-Right for the murder?

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well "if" the "alt left" did indeed "muddy the waters" then I "have no comment."

The battle of Miras Thirith is over, the "war" over the inverted comma is on. The truth is both sides are equally responsible and should have acted quicker to quell this event. We are not responsible for what happened in Virginia, and now we are seeing the sheep waking up to follow the bias diatribe that both sides of the floor are spewing.

I don't swing either way but by pure observation those on the "extreme" right are mentally unhinged.

edit on 15-8-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Grambler

Hatred is hatred; there's plenty to go around these days.

They represent the other side of a line I do not cross; they are intolerant of the intolerant, bigoted toward bigots, and where I cannot go, violent toward the violent.

Also, with my Tin Hat firmly in place, I think a large number of the "ANTIFA" we have seen are little more than agents provacateurs.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I thought just him watching Fox News was bad. He may actually be getting his news from Stormfront first hand.

Hahahaha!!!!

This is as good as the Obama is a secret Muslim stuff!

Any more theories?

Perhaps you saw trump with a white hood?

Oh I have plenty of theories. One is about how Gambler doesn't understand "tongue-in-cheek" humor when he hears it.

Obviously I have no idea if Trump reads Stormfront or not. But he does watch Fox News and thinks it's really news. We also know he listens to other Right Wing Media as well like Savage.

You seem upset that your great leader might really be a closet racist. Is that why you're so upset with me??? Because I didn't make him that way.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Who are the ANTIFA folks "racist" against?

Like, you know, the organizers, planners and participants at the "Unite the Right" rally?

Antifa is not a political movement. They are anti-capitalism and anti-fascists at their core. I'm not even sure if the U.S. based Antifa are the real deal. Something seems off about them.

Partially correct. I won't quibble.

However, is there a racist component?

There are several posters here attempting to depict both "sides" as racist ... and while I'm not going to fight the BLM definition again ... ANTIFA is not racist ... at least to my knowledge.

Truly depends on your definition of racism. From my point of view Antifa exhibits racist tendencies towards Nazis(who are not all whites mind you) because they don't like their ideology just based of what happened 80 years ago. It's basically an endless circle of hate and violence. I admit the lines are kinda blurry on the whole racism issue.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Richard Spencer noted that everyone knows that Trump wasn't really serious.

Something about "kumbayaa" and such.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

trump is literally the worst.

You need to understand the meaning of the word literally.

. i feel like i've just used up all my words to describe what a terrible, bad, destructive person he is. i can't believe this is our president, a dickhead who pats nazis on the head and tells them they're doing good stuff. #ing sick.

I also believe you need to use a dictionary to look up condemn, which he did.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Also, I guess all Germans were bad and all Americans were good... nice to have that view of the world...

We went to war with all of (Nazi) Gernmany.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You seem upset that your great leader might really be a closet racist.

Hey Gambler. Did that hurt? Or has it really lost it's sting coming from an atifa supporting anti-Trumper?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The mayor made sure the Unite the Right rally got shut down before it even started then forced them to march through a gauntlet of counter protesters with no police intervention. Many on the right got hit with rocks, bottles, mace and even balloons full of urine. Way to protect the rights of ALL Americans Mr. Mayor.

Yet you are ok with them wanting to take us back where blacks get attacked because they're veiwed as lesser people? Battered, bottled and spat at in the street?

I'd rather a few uneducated assholes be victims of that than millions of people.

They're message isn't to be tolerated, it wasn't before and it shouldn't again.

Hmm. Were you ok with antifa beating people at Berkley?

There message isn't tolerated. They are free to express it and be ridiculed.

You are cheering for the same people that pepper sprayed that girl. You are cheering for thought police; you can freely attack people based on the assertion that they are a nazi.

I think you're one of the people who is grateful for antifa's violent protests at Berkeley. Why won't you admit it? You may not like them, but you sure do love talking about them.

The opposite of white nationalism isn't antifa. No, the opposite of white nationalists are everyday Americans who won't stand for a president making lazy equivocations.

You can think you have the moral high ground all you want. The fact is there is only one of us justifying violence, and that is you.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Racism ... has to do with race.

You seem to be talking about discrimination and hatred.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Xtrozero

We went to war with all of (Nazi) Gernmany.

Holy moly you seriously don't know anything about history do you? Hint. Not all germans were Nazis. Please
you're only embarrassing yourself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join