It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 dead after Virginia State Police helicopter crashes near Charlottesville

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical1972
Maybe he was scared. If the kid has anxiety, trust me anxiety is going take over. If he has a fear crowds, I can see why he plowed into them. The protestors caused this accident. Period. No sympathy. They want to sit there and play Russian roulette with someone's city, than they can pay the piper. None of this would have happened if the protestors just stayed home. He could have been traveling and was caught in the middle, how do you know he was part of the protestors? What if he was going to college there?

I was traveling home back down south when I got caught up in the stupid DC protest. It scared the crap out me.

You edited something about not being able to use the bathroom, since you are white. How did it feel?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

According to breaking news, the idiot who drove the car was an Anti-Trump open borders crazy from Michigan.

According to breaking news from where??

What source is saying that??

Got a link??

Have you seen this???
everipedia.org...

Created: Aug. 12, 2017, 9:59 p.m.
Last Modified: Aug. 13, 2017, 1:32 a.m.

Boy they sure know all about this guy in such a short time don't they.

Guess what I think about THAT !!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

According to breaking news, the idiot who drove the car was an Anti-Trump open borders crazy from Michigan.

Not a good source then. The correct driver has been identified and arrested and charged

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vorian

I got into my car and left as fast I could to the next state away from all the chaos. I held it. Probably, should of sued him and BP, come to think of it.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

There were cars blocking the road as well.

And the man has been charged with second degree murder with no bail.

If you have enough anxiety to obviously hurt that many people, then back out as fast as possible and not turn yourself in you shouldn't be driving.
edit on 12-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I'll wait for more to the story before I take sides. If the protestors weren't there to begin with, none of this would have happened. As for the helicopters, they think there were laser lights pointed at it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

Sure. I believe it. But they allowed the permits based on their rights. Counter protest and crowds are not an unknown phenomenon around these things so the city didn't plan real well.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Got a link??

Boy they sure know all about this guy in such a short time don't they.

Guess what I think about THAT !!

Number plate...in case you don't know about the tech...once the cars original was deemed elsewhere, the new owner was identified....and the police caught him anyway..sheesh!
edit on 12-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

read an interesting post from a lady (on another board) whose daughter works at a chain restaurant in the area where this protest was today...yesterday the daughter answers the the phone at the eatery...a guy wants to make a reservation he
is celebrating 2 years in the KKK , the whole platoon of members is going to celebrate with him (they don't take reservations) anyway...THEN....he asks "when is the best time of day to come in when there will be the least amount of "blacks" there>??? she said sorry we can't help you and hung up.

she told her manager (who is black) and the manager said if he calls back to give her the phone and SHE will have a "few words" with him

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
First and foremost, a moment for the lost crew. Flying in a chopper is a safe, but as with anything in life there is a risk associated with it. We go up knowing that risk but still go.......

Having picked through the thread:

1) Its highly UNLIKELY that this was sabotage. The ships go through a pretty extensive checklist AND both pilot and crew do as well prior to take off. etc etc etc.

2) Given the pictures of the ship in the tree I'd go with transmission failure or engine out.

3) As I said with Ferguson etc. These Neo Nazi's or whatever flavor of the month they are calling themselves today, have a fundamental right to protest. As does any other group. When it turns violent its a differnt matter.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

3) As I said with Ferguson etc. These Neo Nazi's or whatever flavor of the month they are calling themselves today, have a fundamental right to protest. As does any other group. When it turns violent its a differnt matter.

They were having a rally. Not protesting. The city didn't want the rally. The near University didn't want the rally. It is not that kind of town. The city attempted to rescind the permit or move the rally to a space that was easier to contain.

The ACLU stepped in for the White Supremacists...which I find just weird. The ACLU could have made a press statement, but didn't have to actually go to court.

The city knew it would cause violence. The city DID NOT want it. Now we see it caused violence and death.

This is not free speech when even in advance, it was known it would cause a riot.

The lost lives could have been saved.

As for the helicopter, it looks like an accident, absolutely. But you have to think about why that helicopter had to be there.

edit on 12-8-2017 by Vorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

The ACLU steps in for a lot of things that a lot of people find weird. They're the ACLU.

Maybe they felt that free speech is free speech unlike you seem to.

Just because someone doesn't want something doesn't mean they always get their way in this country. If what you want infringes on the rights of others, then it doesn't happen. Wasn't that the whole point of the Civil Rights movement? Equal treatment under the law. If there was no reason to deny the permit other than not liking the ideology of the group seeking it, then the ACLU had a point as much as I can't believe I see myself typing that.

it's like agreeing with Bill Maher on the rare occasions when I do.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The torches weren't at the rally. They were the night before. Just walking around with torches and demonstrating.

I'm not saying they were scary. I'm saying that it's just not a common thing. Groups of strangers don't just appear and walk down the street at night with torches and yelling a bunch of stuff.

Like I said. When was the last time you walked out your front door and a horde of strangers holding torches just happened to be walking down your street at night??? I would guess never.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes, they certainly do know a lot about him and have pictures and video and everything really quick. Amazing what can happen with social media and regular media all happening at the same time.

So what???

It is what it is.

Why make me guess?? Just tell me what you think about it if you want to tell me.

At least it is a source. So you can see what it is I'm talking about and why I'm saying it. That's all I was asking them for when I asked them for a source for their information they were saying. Do you have a problem with that???

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Radical feminists have demonstrated with torches before going back to the '70s.

I also asked if the cops were there.

But in any case, unless they did something with them or had been told ahead of time they couldn't have them, I also asked you what was the worst thing: the fact they carried torches or who they were?

I get you don't like the torches. You don't like who they are. You don't like their message.

Fine. I don't either. Is that what you want me to say?

But you're not changing my position that they had permits and under the law they had every right to hold their little protest there. Can you prove that anything bad happened until the counter protesters showed up the next day?

If you can't then the torches are just a non-issue because they looked scary.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

When I posted the sabotage suspicion, I (wrongly?) assumed that the helicopter had landed near the protest zone for awhile...and was potentially sabotaged. Sugar in the tank, or something like that.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Wrong it is free speech.

Those showing up to riot in response to free speech, well they bare that responsibility. If one side holds a rally, protected by our constitution, and the other side shows up and riots against the expression of free speech, you can logically deduce where the blame lies.

Stop making this complicated.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I don't get how this is complicated for so many.

Like it or not, the KKK, BLM, and ANTIFA all have every right to hold their own little parades down the middle of main street in every town in America as an annual protest/pride thing so long as they respect private property and persons and have the permits issued to do it and likely have the dates well separated from one another.

That's how it all works. And it doesn't matter one lick how anyone else in that town happens to vote or feel about it. You can attend or not or even leave town that day if it disgusts you that much, but they have that right.
edit on 12-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Look, I'm not saying they need to be arrested or that the torches are a crime. You're focusing on it not me. That was just one part of my example in answering the question of, "What makes you think there was going to be violence?". The torch thing was just one part of what I was saying, not to the focus of it.

I also don't like their message but fully support their free speech as well. Showing up with shields and weapons from out of town and in a town known to have a majority of people with a radically opposite political and social agenda however would seem to be a big clue that things might get violent, don'tcha think?? It's not rocket science here.

You have a bunch of radical right wing, White Nationalist hate groups all coming together in a majority left wing town. Ya, things might get out of hand. Because ummmm, it always does with those crowds.

Your only defense is, "Why not just let them do their thing and ignore them and there would be no violence." Well, there would be no violence or even the possibility for it had they also not gone there either." You act like the protestors were in the wrong but not the demonstrators. Well, it's either both or none IMO. Why let in one but not the other??? Makes no sense. You're picking favorites. Either they both are allowed to protest or none of them are. But you can't just pick one side.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Yeah, but others also have every right to protest their protest as well.

It goes both ways.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join