It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 dead after Virginia State Police helicopter crashes near Charlottesville

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Given that anyone who holds a viewpoint the left doesn't like is an insta target for ANTIFA these days, I'd say that's a pretty good reason why they showed up like that.

Don't you think if the others hadn't risen to the bait, they would have looked stupid? But people have to oblige and give them the fight.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, but others also have every right to protest their protest as well.

It goes both ways.

And these days, that always results in a fight, so maybe it's not such a good idea because it seems like we're less interested in counter-protesting and more interested in fighting.

Maybe the counter should have been after the fact. People are too invested in their good/evil dialect to be able to handle it. They think they're crusading.

I'd rather no one die and nothing get broken than that someone think they "stick it to the forces of evil" but that's just me.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I have no doubt that many of the protestors who also came, also came looking for a fight. I'm not suggesting that either side is innocent here.

Most likely some on both sides came looking for a fight and some on both sides came only to protest legally. I'm not going to even try and figure out how many on each side or who started what first, because it's impossible.

But if one side has a right to be there, so does the other. Suggesting that the protestors should just ignore the demonstrators is the same as suggesting that the demonstrators should have also just ignored the whole thing.

If the statue meant that much why not make your own in your own town?? Or just buy theirs?? There is nothing wrong with a town wanting to remove their own statue that belonged to them to begin with. The rest of the town was fine with it too. Just let them remove it if they want to, it's their property to do with what they want.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Look, this my be the only thing I sympathize with the rally-goers on - I am getting sick and tired of this removal of history because people can't even be bothered to learn it and so what they think they know about it hurts their feelings because of their modern day sensibilities.

None of our past can stand against our modern sensibilities.

I asked someone else - How well do you think you'll measure up against a lens you can't even imagine today? Is that even fair? Or would you rather whoever in the future judges you takes the time to learn what your times were and what sensibilities you operated under?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

It's a statue, not History.

That statue is just a symbol like any other. Removing it doesn't remove the History.

I mean you're a christian. You've been taught the dangers of Idol Worship. This is one of those dangers. The statue is a big carved rock, not the man or what he's done or anything. Just a symbol to remind you about him. If you want to preserve who he was and what he did go ahead and do it. But freaking out about a statue isn't doing that.

Does the worship of that symbol override the right for someone to do what they want with their own property??? If they want to get rid of it let them. Even better take what they are getting rid of if it means that much to you and put it on your own property and worship it there if you insist upon it doing that.

But preserving History means having to preserve Historical information more than just a statue of a guy.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I can't agree with you more. What happened today was disgusting on all accounts.

That said, who cares about a stupid statue. I don't.

I wish Americans would have the ideological self confidence we could use language to debate ideas.
edit on 13-8-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well, thanks for the news... but such a sad story. This riot, and demonstration stuff is getting out of hand really.

As FissonSurplus mentioned something about coincidence, which I have to agree with. Let's just say it is "awful" coincidental. Reserve condemnation until investigation results are in, in about 3 years.. sorry.. these "investigations" can drag out forever sometimes.

Didn't get a chance to read entire thread... Yes, it is a shame a certain area got turned into a "battleground"; and I imagine the OP saying the area got trashed is putting it lightly.

A question I have is; or was George Soro's, or any of his nation wrecking organisations; involved in any of the "organisation", or funding, or booking the tons of buses, hotel rooms, etc for this demonstration?

That is one guy who needs shut down for sure.

Anyhow, sorry to find this in breaking news; my thoughts are with those affected families. RIP

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

A question I have is; or was George Soro's, or any of his nation wrecking organisations; involved in any of the "organisation", or funding, or booking the tons of buses, hotel rooms, etc for this demonstration?

He's just a piece of the puzzle. Truth be told, lobbyists and corporations flood money into politics.

Add in super pacs and think tanks, and you have the potential for charged demographs.

The decision is meant to stay.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

According to breaking news, the idiot who drove the car was an Anti-Trump open borders crazy from Michigan.

According to breaking news from where??

What source is saying that??

Got a link??

Have you seen this???
everipedia.org...

I'm not sure I read that right...it looks like they said that police don't think the driver was acting with malice, that he was swarmed and got scared. Then, they say a woman died and her death is being treated as a homicide. Wtf?? Once again, things do not match up with the story. Was there more than one driver or am I missing something here??

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: pravdaseeker

Soros is a liberal globalist, he cares only about promoting peace and bringing freedom and democracy to the world. It's pretty shameful that you would bring him into this discussion about white nationalists, it's not like he was a Nazi collaborator or anything.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

The reports I read early on said the police didn't think he did it with malice. This may have changed however as they continued to question him and more details came in.

The drivers excuse for what happened was that he got scared and was swarmed. However that doesn't explain why he was speeding down the street toward the crowd for a ways first. Sure after he hit some people and smashed into the cars he was swarmed on by the crowd. I imagine at that point he was scared. But when he started off from a ways up the street there was nobody else around him.

There was also a report by the friend of the guy who recorded it on his phone. He said the guy was just sitting in his car starting at the crowd and stopped in the middle of the road. He said it was weird because he was just stopped there for no reason. Then he started down the road toward the crowd and all hell broke loose. Sounds to me like he was just eyeing his target and working up the courage to go through with it at that point. Maybe coming up with his BS story about being scared figuring he would get away with it if he told that as his story.

Just one driver as far as i know.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Ok well that makes more sense. Especially the part about him stopping in the street for a time first...it does sound like he was preparing himself for it. Maybe he didn't realize that it wouldn't be like in the movies...if you run over a real person, you feel and hear everything. And he hit a lot of them.

What a terrible thing to do to other people. Even more terrible that a woman is dead and all anyone cares about is whether her killer was playing for one team or the other.

I don't mean you, just in general. All over these threads, on social media...everywhere. Never mind the dead woman and all the others injured and still yet others who experienced the trauma of witnessing such senseless, graphic violence. Forget all those pesky details...we just want to know was he a Republican or a Democrat, so we can get back to the finger pointing and bickering.

I swear, I must whisper "what the hell is WRONG with all of these people?", to myself at least a dozen times a day. At least.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

You're going off "reports", but what are the sources? Earlier you offered a Wikipedia of sources, and scoffed someone for using 4chan.

It was in the thread I had earlier you were insisting on this source you had.

Why would the police department let anyone know of details unofficially if they're under the microscope?

That being said, I was under the impression this whole time it was malicious and he knew his targets.

I just wonder why you're so stuck on them humoring letting him off when this whole day was a blunder on the Charlottesville police to begin with.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

For what? Jumping up trying to catch a helicopter?

www.dailyprogress.com... 4aca4c.html

The cause of the crash remains under investigation.

The Bell 407 helicopter they were piloting was being used to assist public safety efforts for Saturday’s Unite the Right rally, which found thousands of alt-right demonstrators and counter-protesters clashing on Market Street and around the Downtown Mall in Charlottesville. State, city police and Albemarle County police, as well as the National Guard, monitored the protests.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

It's not idol. It is the concerted effort to erase the past of an area of the country in favor of the modern sensibility of political correctness.

And even people here will tell you these were all traitors and anyone who doesn't want these things removed or changed or erased from public view are likewise traitors.

Those are strong words and offensive and counter to the history of that time. After the war, the nation wanted to reconcile, not obliterate. Now, generations later, the perceived white guilt and racist sensibility of the modern time is driving a need to obliterate that past.

Those are important reminders of where we have been and where we shouldn't go again. They are reminders of a terrible time that should not be forgotten for all its reason, not simple racist monuments.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Obviously way to early to tell, but that photo you show of the tail rotor section completely severed is most interesting. Makes it look like a mechanical failure of some sort, makes it look like the main rotor struck the tail boom.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

a reply to: eNumbra

4chan huh??

Well that about sums it up right there. Not exactly what I would classify as Breaking "News".

No...but a good lesson in how Bravo Sierra is doled out to an appreciative audience. And in who that audience is.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Nobody caused any accident because it wasn't an accident. The guy who shot the video told the story of what happened as his friend shot the video of it. The guy was just in his car looking down the street at the crowd alone for minutes before speeding down the road and hitting them. He was just sitting there, stopped in the road for no reason eyeing his targets before hitting the gas. This wasn't a mistake.

But nice try I guess.

I don't think Ive seen this video you are referring too. Have a link?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I feel like I have missed something. I haven't really seen anything that was riot like. Major clashes and fights etc.. Maybe I'm late to the party here, but it seems like the only trouble was when the car became part of the picture. Even then, while a few folks definitely had bats and did attack the guys car, I only saw signs of that after the crash. That's not to say it wasn't happening before hand. Clearly though, people did come prepared for trouble just by having the bats on hand to begin with.

Like I mentioned though, the car incident seems to be where the turn for the worse occurred. Even then I saw people automatically go into help mode. The ones that could put their phones down anyway. That turned into people just helping their fellow man in a crisis.

I don't even know what to think about the helicopter. Just suppose to write it off as a odd coincidence? Weirdness does seem to abound. Kind of like the kids license plate. Wont add the three letters even though it is out there on numerous videos, but the numbers were 1111.

So yes, I have seen a lot of oddities develop since yesterday, but I cant say as I have seen major rioting and destruction. outside of the horrible accident or whatever you want to call it...

Prayers for the families of the wounded and for the Pilots and their families and for the poor woman who also lost her life and her family and loved ones.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

4chan is known for being unreliable for one. The source I used also was sourcing that it's information was coming from a journalist at thehill which included his name as well. This leads me to see that source as being more credible than just some random person on 4chan.

I'm not sure what you mean about me being stuck on them letting him off or anything about the Charlottesville police..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join