It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 dead after Virginia State Police helicopter crashes near Charlottesville

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical1972
They should hold each and every one of those protestors liable and prosecute them. R.I.P. No reason the innocent have to suffer because of these fools.

Well, you might have a problem with that pesky document known as the Constitution giving them those annoying rights, but hey, whatever floats your boat I guess.

My condolences to our friends in law enforcement and their families.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

RIP. The White Nationalists that caused this horrible day need to be held accountable.

The college attempted to have this moved, where it was more containable. They lost that argument somehow.

edit on 12-8-2017 by Vorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vorian

RIP. The White Nationalists that caused this horrible day need to be held accountable.

Or we can blame the Left for creating this situation where Whites felt the need to defend themselves from all of the crazy Left-wing attacks from the universities, media and Ctrl-Left organizations. This is a predictable backlash to the intense hatred by those on the Left. I don't support these people, but I can understand their need to fight back.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Anyone who promoted violence needs to be held accountable. Make no mistake, two sides shipped in people to my region, and as they say it takes two to tango.

The opposing side to the neo nazis were just as destructive.

I think everyone can agree nazis are bad, so why protest them? I wouldn't, because I'm wasting my time.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Or we can blame the Left for creating this situation where Whites felt the need to defend themselves from all of the crazy Left-wing attacks from the universities, media and Ctrl-Left organizations. This is a predictable backlash to the intense hatred by those on the Left. I don't support these people, but I can understand their need to fight back.

Defend themselves? If you are a white nationalist group and descend upon a college, Democrat voting town yelling Nazi slogans...you will have counter protests. It will get ugly. Have you not seen the pics form FOX news? It shows more violence on the side of the 'rally' participants.

Just disgusting.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Maybe if people just respected that folks have the right to say their piece ...

Oh, but that's right, nowadays we counter protest to try to scare the other guy into not doing or saying things we don't like and that's when the trouble starts.

One might almost think they are doing this to get people to agitate to curtail that 1st Amendment, so we lose our freedom to assemble and speak.

And I'm very sorry that people are paying with their lives for this madness.
edit on 12-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vorian

So they lose their right to assemble and speak because you don't like what they're saying?

Let's be clear. I don't like white supremacists either, but you either believe in free speech or you don't. And that includes all speech, even the worst of it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
We all knew it was coming..well most of us did. It escaped a lot of you. But I didn't think within 6 or so months.

This is your hero...alt- rights, or whatever you call yourselves.

edit on 12-8-2017 by Vorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

And see? Now you indicate that you're part of the problem just as much as anyone marching there was.

If we're not for you, we must naturally be white supremacists!

Try reading what people are saying about this again.

You either believe that everyone has a right to assemble and say their piece, or you believe that there should be no freedom of speech. In order to really believe in freedom of speech, you have to defend it all, including the most vile. And defending speech doesn't mean you have to like it, believe in it, or even agree with it ... only that someone has a right to say it and not be molested while doing so.

Heck, when I was a kid or even in college, white supremacist rallies were rare, not newsworthy when they happened. No one felt the need to counter protest them. They showed up, made their angry speeches and ranted and went home. No harm, no foul. They were sad people and everyone pretty well knew it so their numbers never grew.
edit on 12-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It wasn't just white supremists that did this, it was extremists from both spectrums.

I live in this area, the majority of both sides were outsiders trashing our community.

I don't need to hear they were "counter protesting".

They went looking for a fight and found one. Both sides are at fault. Why protest nazis? It gives them a platform if we act like it's a debate. It's not they will get no traction, they are trolling and looking for a rise and got one. We're past this, well always have Dumbasses and the best thing you can do is ignore them.
edit on 12-8-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: VorianAnd see? Now you indicate that you're part of the problem just as much as anyone marching there was.

If we're not for you, we must naturally be white supremacists!

You either believe that everyone has a right to assemble and say their piece, or you believe that there should be no freedom of speech. In order to really believe in freedom of speech, you have to defend it all, including the most vile. And defending speech doesn't mean you have to like it, believe in it, or even agree with it ... only that someone has a right to say it and not be molested while doing so.

Not true. Of course I believe in free speech and the right to assemble. A HUGE White Supremacist rally in the South, especially, may be akin to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater or be too much for law enforcement to easily handle.

As there are dead and wounded and ahead of time it was KNOWN this would happen. It should not have been allowed.
College officials tried to get it moved to a safer location, but it wasn't.

People with torches yelling 'blood and soil' from 'blut und boden', should not be allowed. It is hate speech as determined by the anti defamation league.

This was a bad idea before it ever happened.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It wasn't just white supremists that did this, it was extremists from both spectrums.

I live in this area, the majority of both sides were outsiders trashing our community.

I don't need to hear they were "counter protesting".

They went looking for a fight and found one. Both sides are at fault. Why protest nazis? It gives them a platform if we act like it's a debate. It's not they will get no traction, they are trolling and looking for a rise and got one.

They WERE looking for a fight. How can White Supremacists march in the South without asking for a fight?

They did ask for a fight...probably wanted good media coverage to slander the counter protesters--good people who do not like Nazis--and they got it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Again, it takes two to tango.

Two extremist groups collided and created what we had today.

Almost all were outsiders and they decided to pick their battleground here.

But make no mistake, both sides were violent.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Collided is an arbitrary word. The counter protesters didn't plan the event. The White Supremacists expected a fight, expected protesters. The evil people come in large numbers, good people will be there to tell them they aren't welcome.

They aren't welcome to chant Nazi slogans. Those who forget the past are bound to repeat it.
The past is being repeated and there will be people fighting to stop it, especially in the US. Right Supremacists and Nazis will not be tolerated to operate openly as if it is normal. Every white supremacist and Nazi rally in public streets will be met with equal force.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Today has been quite bizzare to see the news unfold in my home state.

I'm a little north of Charlottesville...closer to the cess pool of northern va and D.C....

Even still...it's crazy to see this play out in a national media stage.

The issue of the statue has been going on for awhile so, it does surprise me a bit to see things escalate so quickly!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Listen, there is still freedom of speech. This isn't the first time there has been a nazi or kkk march.

But most of the time sane people ignore it and they don't get any attention.

That didn't happen this time, and those people who you claim were there to day they werent welcome weren't welcome either.

These were all outsiders. And they all were violent and all trashed the community. You can do your Rah Rah Rah of there was a good side and a bad side. But all I saw today were mostly assholes inciting violence. Spin it how you'd like but we all saw the footage of people on both sides being trashy.

Just because your cause sounds good doesn't give you a pass to vandalize and fight people.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You're psychic?

Or are you hooked in with some group whose purpose it was to make sure that people died?

If they were left alone to rant and say their piece, how do you know that things would get violent?

Simple answer is that you don't.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

The issue of the statue has been going on for awhile so, it does surprise me a bit to see things escalate so quickly!!!

Most locals don't care about the statue. I didn't know about it until today. I'm only an hour and a half away and have friends who go to UVA.

The whole reason this blew up is because outsiders from both sides came to fight and we didn't see it coming.

People in this area have no interest in trashing our own community.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Collided is an arbitrary word. The counter protesters didn't plan the event. The White Supremacists expected a fight, expected protesters. The evil people come in large numbers, good people will be there to tell them they aren't welcome.

They aren't welcome to chant Nazi slogans. Those who forget the past are bound to repeat it.
The past is being repeated and there will be people fighting to stop it, especially in the US. Right Supremacists and Nazis will not be tolerated to operate openly as if it is normal. Every white supremacist and Nazi rally in public streets will be met with equal force.

Again, this is the problem.

Like it or not, these are your countrymen. You may not like or agree with what they think, but what does it cost you to let them march around and yell for a couple of days? If no one molests them, they go home.

But no, you have reduced this to good v. evil and you have to go on some crusade. Now there is a reason to create a fight and problem. This is exactly the mentality that was happening the last time we had a Civil War. Maybe you should research it because it was the bloodiest war we've ever fought. Worse proportionally than the World Wars.

I really do not want to be alive to see another one and I think you'd quickly come to regret it too. I don't care how "just" you think you are now.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I'm not at all going to argue with your opinion because I agree with a lot of what you say.

However, you should do more research on the details of this protest and how it actually came to be...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join